• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don’t think it’s the done thing. I’m not even sure if I want him to start because I’d like him to have a better preparation. Our season doesn’t hinge on games against City and Liverpool so I’d rather see him have a nice easy debut. I’d have him on the bench.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Josh stepped up! Respect! What a critical moment to do it.
Josh has always been alright. He took a while to shed the baggage of his Daddy but he has always put the effort in to understand this club better. But at the end of the day all the big calls have to be sanctioned by Stan.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I am not twisting anything. We just had our worst season in a long time, missing out on European comps.
I am sure there were positions that had been earmarked for improvement and the respective targets to fill the positions. I believe Partey was one such priority target considering he was preferred to Aouar. His situation with the RC also meant that negotiations wouldn't be as difficult and the player apparently wanted the move.

If the hierarchy understood the team needed improvement and quickly for the players to settle since the first few fixtures are difficult ones, why then didn't they sign those important players early on? Why didn't Kroenke inject the cash early on to give the team a chance at winning those hard early fixtures? Or maybe they were looking for another team to pick the number one targets so that they would go for cheaper ones and tell the fans, look, they have more money than us and they signed our number 1 targets so we had to settle for these ones!

Defeatist mentality imo. Just because you look at the glass to be half-full doesn't mean everyone has to.

You're not twisting, you're not even saying this is a good signing, you're straight away saying the club did everything wrong about the transfer. :lol:

You can continue being negative, I don't care at all, just find it amusing.

There is nothing you can do, or how your complaining will affect their future deeds (and I'm not gonna bother explaining to you why they might have done it this way), and so you can punish yourself with "what could've been" while us others are very happy with the signing. :)

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
I watch a new 'Partey vs' video every day. Trying to time it so that I'm ready for the city game.
Never been so hyped for 2 international friendlies too :lol: I'm expecting this to turn into a matchday thread on Friday and Monday.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I watch a new 'Partey vs' video every day. Trying to time it so that I'm ready for the city game.
I’ve stopped watching them now he’s signed. I want to forget what he’s capable of so I’m surprised again. You’ll only be disappointed if he doesn’t instantly produce his YouTube best bits. Trust me g, forget about him.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
That's way to positive here. Nobody is calling him a flop or a bad signing. That's not my forum anymore.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Just had a peek at the fighting ****

Unsurprisingly, most of them think Hojberg is better signing than Partey :lol:

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Just had a peek at the fighting ****

Unsurprisingly, most of them think Hojberg is better signing than Partey :lol:

It's funny how earlier in that thread most comments were like...

If Woolwich sign Partey - there's proof right there that CL football means sweet **** all in terms of pull.

Partey to Woolwich would be very good business unfortunately Why are we not being linked in any true quality this summer?

I really don’t want them to get Partey. I’ve only ever seen him play well.

After we signed him...

Come back to me when he totally dominates Utd at Old Trafford.....I'll be waiting a while.

I'm pretty staggered that Woolwich are paying £45m for Partey. It makes Højbjerg an absolute ****ing steal at £15m. Seriously, he's not even better than Højbjerg. How the **** has he cost three times more?

**** panic buy.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I found an interesting photo.

Hazard playing dead and wanting back to Premier League when he sees Partey.

On the background either Casemiro has a tooth ache, or Partey hit him in the face and he is crying.

Gimenez doesn't give a **** and orders a new drink.

While Partey just keeps performing magic with the ball, doing his thing.

EFnvjm8XoAAkq5U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom