• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Jace

Can someone please help me with an analysis Of Partey vs Dacoure

Who is superior ?
Do they have similarities?
Is their style of play different?
And who got the better deal ? Arsenal or Everton?
Please I need your help guys

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

Who is superior ?
Physically they are probably similar, maybe Docoure is even stronger. Technically, tactically and passing wise Partey is miles better.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Does anyone have proof that he was a fan of Arsenal when a boy?

This is from May, it would make sense why there were not many other clubs linked.

drippin

We know his childhood idol was Kanu. So it wouldn't be surprising if he become a fan of the club too.

Ah okay, didn't know that. I thought Essien was the biggest idol, and for a while those Chelsea rumours got a bit to me.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Ah okay, didn't know that. I thought Essien was the biggest idol, and for a while those Chelsea rumours got a bit to me.

He admired Essien, Gerard and a few other midfielders but Kanu was his idol.

“I’m a huge admirer of Mikel Obi. I like the way he keeps things very simple on the pitch and makes it seem so simple and easy to do but Nwankwo Kanu is my idol. He’s the best midfielder I’ve ever seen play football," he told completesports Nigeria. “He was a genius.”

Did Kanu ever play in midfield for us?

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Does anyone have proof that he was a fan of Arsenal when a boy?

This is from May, it would make sense why there were not many other clubs linked.

No proof from as a boy but some of the interviews from his Dad alludes he’s an Arsenal fan, in interviews in Ghana.

It’s well known he’s been watching us for the past couple of years. Not sure if that was since our interest in him and he is envisioning himself in the team or if he’s always watched us. Im sure he will say in one of the various interviews.

In Ghana it’s only ever really Arsenal, Chelsea or most recently Man City really.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The fact he left a Champions league regular for us now, shows he has a connection to us imo.

He admired Essien, Gerard and a few other midfielders but Kanu was his idol.

“I’m a huge admirer of Mikel Obi. I like the way he keeps things very simple on the pitch and makes it seem so simple and easy to do but Nwankwo Kanu is my idol. He’s the best midfielder I’ve ever seen play football," he told completesports Nigeria. “He was a genius.”

Did Kanu ever play in midfield for us?

Maybe he classes a number 10 as an attacking midfielder, kind of what it is now I guess.

After Thierry really kicked on from 2000 on, Kanu (who had a very good goal scoring record for us in his first 12 months at the club) kind of dropped deeper, think he did play in midfield for us occasionally too.

Ibadan

Thread Bump Police
The fact he left a Champions league regular for us now, shows he has a connection to us imo.

Maybe he classes a number 10 as an attacking midfielder, kind of what it is now I guess.

After Thierry really kicked on from 2000 on, Kanu (who had a very good goal scoring record for us in his first 12 months at the club) kind of dropped deeper, think he did play in midfield for us occasionally too.
I was looking at early Wenger stats, and was pleasantly surprised to see Kanu scored 17 goals in the 99/00 season. If we hadn't signed Pires & Wiltord, or Henry hadn't proved so prolific, there's definitely an alternate history where Kanu has a leading role up front. All that competition meant he didn't crack double digits in his next seasons here.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm looking forward to seeing his photoshoot & first club interview when he gets to the club for the 1st time.

Makavelii

Who is superior ?

Partey is objectively superior.

Dacoure’s role Watford allowed him more offensive freedom. So he has more goals, assists, shots per game, passes in the penalty area.
But that’s where it stops.

Partey is better at ball winning (more tackles and interceptions)
Partey is a better passer (accuracy as well as passing range)
Partey is a better defender (dribbled around less, gives away less fouls, more clearances, more blocks, more aerial duels won etc).
Partey has better ball control and turns over the ball less often.
Partey is a better ball carrier and beats players with his dribbling more often.

Jason Jace

Partey is objectively superior.

Dacoure’s role Watford allowed him more offensive freedom. So he has more goals, assists, shots per game, passes in the penalty area.
But that’s where it stops.

Partey is better at ball winning (more tackles and interceptions)
Partey is a better passer (accuracy as well as passing range)
Partey is a better defender (dribbled around less, gives away less fouls, more clearances, more blocks, more aerial duels won etc).
Partey has better ball control and turns over the ball less often.
Partey is a better ball carrier and beats players with his dribbling more often.

Thanks
Who do you got the better deal
They are of the same age brack and with similar characteristics

Jason Jace

Not sure sorry dude. It’s hard to judge.
Is this an argument with a mate or something?
Yeah, there is argument that he is not really a defensive midfielder and if it's a defender we were looking we would have better off with Dacoure than partey
People don't seem to know his exact position
Some say he may not be all that because simone left him out of both games against Leipzig

drippin

Yeah, there is argument that he is not really a defensive midfielder and if it's a defender we were looking we would have better off with Dacoure than partey
People don't seem to know his exact position
Some say he may not be all that because simone left him out of both games against Leipzig

Well, usually injured/recovering players are left out, and has nothing to do with quality. :)

"Thomas Partey was back out on the grass on Monday as Atletico Madrid trained ahead of their Champions League quarter-final with RB Leipzig.

The midfielder has stepped up his recovery from an injury picked up during Atletico's final LaLiga Santander match of the season against Real Sociedad."

"He didn't participate in full training at the end of last week because of an injury problem but returned to work with Simeone's squad on Monday."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/08/03/5f287aa046163f6fac8b4610.html

Partey was MotM against Liverpool in UCL at home, and wasn't bad at Anfield either.

"The Ghana vice-captain has proven before that he can mix it against the Premier League's best sides. Last season he was outstanding home and away against Liverpool in the Champions League, earning the man-of-the-match award in the home tie. Partey showcased his defensive attributes that night, winning 11 duels, making five tackles and recovering the ball 12 times."

Also some defensive stats there:

"His defensive positioning is a clear strength, often cutting out passing lanes and halting opposition passes between the lines, something Arsenal are in need of. Throughout the 2019/20 campaign, he accumulated 28 interceptions for Atletico, only seven midfielders managed more in La Liga.

Partey is also very strong when it comes to tackling, ranking seventh in last season's Champions League for the number of successful tackles per game (3.6).

His 185cm frame allows him to consistently win defensive duels, whether that be in the air or on the ground. This, combined with his never-say-die attitude, serves him well when it comes to winning second balls in the middle of the park. His 384 recoveries won in last year's La Liga were bettered by just 10 players."

Playmaking:

"Partey doesn't just pass for the sake of it either, he always looks to progress the ball and attempts to find team-mates in dangerous positions. He completed an extraordinary 71 progressive passes and 65 passes into the final third in the Champions League last season, placing seventh and sixth respectively."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/what-partey-will-bring-arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom