• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can someone please help me with an analysis Of Partey vs Dacoure

Who is superior ?
Do they have similarities?
Is their style of play different?
And who got the better deal ? Arsenal or Everton?
Please I need your help guys

I respect Dacoure.

However as an all round footballer and technician it’s not even close. That’s before we get into Champions League and big game pedigree.

Jason Jace

Well, usually injured/recovering players are left out, and has nothing to do with quality. :)

"Thomas Partey was back out on the grass on Monday as Atletico Madrid trained ahead of their Champions League quarter-final with RB Leipzig.

The midfielder has stepped up his recovery from an injury picked up during Atletico's final LaLiga Santander match of the season against Real Sociedad."

"He didn't participate in full training at the end of last week because of an injury problem but returned to work with Simeone's squad on Monday."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2020/08/03/5f287aa046163f6fac8b4610.html

Partey was MotM against Liverpool in UCL at home, and wasn't bad at Anfield either.

"The Ghana vice-captain has proven before that he can mix it against the Premier League's best sides. Last season he was outstanding home and away against Liverpool in the Champions League, earning the man-of-the-match award in the home tie. Partey showcased his defensive attributes that night, winning 11 duels, making five tackles and recovering the ball 12 times."

Also some defensive stats there:

"His defensive positioning is a clear strength, often cutting out passing lanes and halting opposition passes between the lines, something Arsenal are in need of. Throughout the 2019/20 campaign, he accumulated 28 interceptions for Atletico, only seven midfielders managed more in La Liga.

Partey is also very strong when it comes to tackling, ranking seventh in last season's Champions League for the number of successful tackles per game (3.6).

His 185cm frame allows him to consistently win defensive duels, whether that be in the air or on the ground. This, combined with his never-say-die attitude, serves him well when it comes to winning second balls in the middle of the park. His 384 recoveries won in last year's La Liga were bettered by just 10 players."

Playmaking:

"Partey doesn't just pass for the sake of it either, he always looks to progress the ball and attempts to find team-mates in dangerous positions. He completed an extraordinary 71 progressive passes and 65 passes into the final third in the Champions League last season, placing seventh and sixth respectively."

https://www.arsenal.com/news/what-partey-will-bring-arsenal
Helpful, thanks

He is Ghanaian FFs, where do you expect him to get a Jamaican Accent from ?

What are you talking about. I said he had no Jamaican accent. It stands in my post.

Im just making fun of some poster who posted a picture of people in Jamaican colors dancing when we signed Partey.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Interesting to know that he's played as a 10 in senior football as well.

At 27 he's probably not going to develop or add much to his game but there is an existing side to his game that Simeone hasn't allowed him to show. The Partey we get could be an even better player than the one we know.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What are you talking about. I said he had no Jamaican accent. It stands in my post.

Im just making fun of some poster who posted a picture of people in Jamaican colors dancing when we signed Partey.

It's funny how thick you are. :lol: It was me and it was Ghana Dance Ensemble dancing.

Party on!

https://www.korespondance.cz/archiv/2018/en/detail-akce.php?homepage=23-ghana-dance-ensemble

img.php

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

"Thomas Partey has been deployed as the ball-winning midfielder in Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid four-man midfield for a number of years, this has meant that he has generally played with a midfield partner, rather in a midfield three. Below is a visual comparing Partey with La Liga and Premier League midfielders who completed 25% of their team’s minutes."

Picture10-1.png

"Conclusion

This scout report has provided an insight into Partey’s main strengths and how these strengths can improve this Arsenal side. The main thing that Partey will help Arsenal in is his power in defensive duels and his defensive awareness to win the ball back and from this, helping the side transition as his data shows that he is competing at a technical level, close to Arsenal’s most technical midfielders.

If Partey’s performances against Liverpool are anything to go by, Partey should adjust to English football and the pace of it quite quickly. His technical ability is a real bonus on top of his outstanding defensive ability. Arsenal’s core is shaping up nicely and their newest addition could help them challenge the biggest clubs, if last weeks matches are anything to go by!"

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...-under-mikel-arteta-tactical-analysis-tactics

I do believe Partey will adapt reasonably quickly, but he has played in a team for years with the same coach, same system and mostly same players. To say he will produce from the 1st minute at Arsenal because he played good against english teams is a bit optimistic. He done well fx against Liverpool because of the above, and because ofc he is a class midfielder. but i think he needs a little time so Arteta can drill the tactics & philosophy into him. People shouldn’t go crazy if he dont boss it around from the first minute, but he will come good, of that i have no doubt. I rarely comment on here, but i read most the threads, and to see the joy in here after we signed Partey is an absolute pleasure, you deserve it. All of you!

REWB

Had a very average game as Ghana got thrashed by Mali 3-0 today

lol dont be watching him play for Ghana :lol:. He's basically plays attacking midfield for them totally different role than he's used to. Ive seen him play better in that position for Ghana though, but this was a very physical Mali side; more physical than ANY team he will face in the PL so he's good. Plus Ghana never perform well in friendlies, its as if the players just dont want to get injuried. At our best we are better than Mali.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

It's funny how thick you are. :lol: It was me and it was Ghana Dance Ensemble dancing.

Party on!
He’s ignorant with strange humour - just ignore him.

As for the Ghana NT, they are just random as hell - I knew better than to watch tbh. I gave up on them years ago when players kept coming out complaining about bonus payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom