• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Vermaelen (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

musicmonkey said:
Crowley's got a shot at working his way into that line up someday too.

Didnt he score like 5 goals in preseason?

Floating

Established Member
Jasard said:
musicmonkey said:
Crowley's got a shot at working his way into that line up someday too.

Didnt he score like 5 goals in preseason?

I think he's scored 5 goals in 3 games, from midfield and he didn't even start every game. Insane.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If we swapped Smalling for Vermaelen we could well have been handing Arsenal their next league title. Just as a cherry on top to other good players, but as an out and out defender there are few better CBs in the league.

:lol: What?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The Jury said:
If we swapped Smalling for Vermaelen we could well have been handing Arsenal their next league title. Just as a cherry on top to other good players, but as an out and out defender there are few better CBs in the league.

:lol: What?
Please Dont tell me they think Smalling is world class center back :lol: . Manure fans are stupid or they never watch football.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Bigbludfire said:
Bourne said:
So could one assume he and Pique eventually be the main CB pairing, seeing as Puyol has retired?

The Barca fans reckon he'll be 4th choice but I reckon he'll be backup

There are rumors of Luis Enrique wanting to play 3 at the back like Van Gaal which is why they might have really wanted Vermaelen.......... problem is that Mathieu they brought is left legged. So I am not sure where Vermaelen will fit.

Brotherz

Vermaelen wouldn't swap the bench for another bench, that's the whole point of him moving, he would have to be guaranteed a starting role wherever he goes.

Mathieu is naturally a left back too.

Dave_Ja_Vu

Agreed, I'd definitely take Winston Reid.

When you stop and think about our relationship with Barca it's actually hilarious.. Not one of the players they've bought from us have been a big success.. Petit, Overmars, Silvinho, Van Bronkhorst, Hleb, Henry, Song, Cesc... Henry was a minor success, but the rest were pretty epic flops... And yet still they keep coming back to get mugged off!

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Dave_Ja_Vu said:
Agreed, I'd definitely take Winston Reid.

When you stop and think about our relationship with Barca it's actually hilarious.. Not one of the players they've bought from us have been a big success.. Petit, Overmars, Silvinho, Van Bronkhorst, Hleb, Henry, Song, Cesc... Henry was a minor success, but the rest were pretty epic flops... And yet still they keep coming back to get mugged off!

Cesc wasn't really a flop, his scoring/assist stats were some of their best and they used him all wrong. Silvinho went to Celta first before Barce too and was past his best by then. I used to love his mazey runs for us.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
Dave_Ja_Vu said:

What's really infuriating is when you think how much more those players could've achieved/given to us as opposed to fu*king off to Barca and fading into the abyss...

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lancenet.com.br/gremio/Richard-Orlandelli-Kroeff-Credito-Divulgacao_LANIMA20101203_0021_26.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lancenet.com.br/gremio/Richa ... 021_26.jpg</a>

Richard Law, far left.

Suave Gooner89

Established Member
GDeep said:
http://www.lancenet.com.br/gremio/Richard-Orlandelli-Kroeff-Credito-Divulgacao_LANIMA20101203_0021_26.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Richard Law, far left.

Superlative muckraking, GDeep.

How do you know that's him, though?

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.lancenet.com.br/gremio/Dirigentes-Arsenal-visitam-Gremio_0_383361678.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsandro%2Borlandelli%26tbs%3Dsbi:AMhZZiuJuhT92xXFh3QYNwXdNLua4F1gNGtDL_1SHzX6w5bocpJ_1t7l3upesx0mWEM0Dxp8T7AYSPb7QSG3FdSP7Sgr_1EScgeSsR7pw1KwtPpMnFuddrll7c6zd2A1wAHXegz41YoXCE792TrTgsQwX5p9aLePsATJDf27s6scxe-Lzma011Kjtt9u3u7q5cR8ceo500vKcROjBQPCwXwpb4bhJE76-5Dwkm5QtZ0m7Jd8K545ajTBiRilpoDRreuy4mgXP1uJgEsAw7-0WzZ70oeEeQRIhjXKRAM33v9GNiKhIP8xrIbdFSKZB73PicQQDOAYigGhMWS0mNdo-3vgijATSMnCoHnWN7Xy3cj_1ikRDyAlWDFlyRzFNqtrzDhYMkr4lWYdJjBSdYN-odWYUpvRZ_1dZnCRP9Tamc9kUUTP1INC9ec2psA26BgEucf_1oJeK0R1lbJFQK8yVUKbR1koeWFobXjCg9OD8s4k6jMiZZOTtMdFmp4Jf8P7FVCJuZ90jODcKVtmwZElrk2g4ajNMzfdvAyzAY4Q3yf43TcsfvpzaUb68XM1duaIYJiN2CjHfnf9tf3dphF7htL3JOh4clPWX34NvcFsF8zlQWmPaUKbyMu6K4QSeywJu5qwJlsuh0VWgDiRg-4PtTzTeFvSzfoKzrrMFdJyY-FyuB9INP9gWU-GDRh6wNqtLU7vWTtjTHEgUgBVjK7VVoMqNkwiWGC6yKRO7yE1_1HO9uartdPxcYgODaA1xb1kDurtWYBCqljtlawpQj9zXMvYP3lEbOHLG_1mkBsqkaA8zjHvtko8HJf_1s6wdD_1XWfOEQE7PptGLW0URe212rL6R_14H2ZsQPSHWWX1vcPRHOeElUwp7vt_1iqUIiao1TMcaW-OoX1aVYqp2AXiWQnDkEJq7-I07nYvZrNXA4G4HjBgFuGWUA8n-kQUBsu8W-Wm6g0hedQ5YTHalPr9LihfddvQhicPAun2RCSkLOa-HOlZaRB9x_1Hnr-TGVtDB11eh5wI0VvsORjBorRyVqVgmtJeKNvc69bo3S7vA4yn3bMJo13kjimLmBq6qF27pl1nVpsrtqNZ7sZCCjFW61lrHMfAXG4-VYBb_1UAeTfU8t3L_12jPhgzzWu-KFSl6IKmxmxnAsCxobnt5jh8qmobPSrhT32fFfuqgkU4XTWEsUQF6dX8AuGcmBqIFxBmREfRm5v5OPlf_14oxT-ndgRb1FxtWM8t-_1QCjB864Uu44wBlQqHDoD15_1_1N1qMZFkuIJTMG2i4HRaEboChOlKpbsA6u_1wej644qkjMe9d8usP4N_1-7WVSuBdGrenH55VZvLNBB_1Ra-usW53Rbrsp9FBG2yp3hht8c4ZzwBqFib5fx0I-EsXfu0j7p_1QTj1ThxCZYpJ6-VpN_1Di2z3IeN25CmuYsnsyjrrfwXki0y-FxLWkD0-Pekz_1XB8xoXPFn_1eHlztSOAeVSgW05BL_1bzNGcUdycd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... bzNGcUdycd</a>

Dave_Ja_Vu

@nikpostinger: El Pais claim that Manchester United offered 19million for Vermaelen but Wenger point blank refused to do business with Van Gaal. #AFC #MUFC

If true, this makes me very happy.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think we might have turned a corner in that regard, no more are our players going to be allowed to leave for English rivals.

Chelsea doing us over Ba and Liverpool not willing to sell Suarez could have been the tipping points, top English clubs won't sell nothing to us.

TheCourier

Happy TV is gone, very unimpressed with him at the fa cup final where he simply pushed arteta out of the way and lifted the cup himself. A great man would have asked arteta to raise it together. Time to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom