• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tickets

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Agreed, today was the first game my kids and I (3 silver members) had managed to get tickets only to then see a whole lot of empty seats during the game. What's the issue then, touts with memberships getting the tickets and not managing to sell them? Or what else? Really annoying as we have none now till the end of the season?
It's frustrating. I'm spending half my life on the ticket exchange (okay maybe a slight exaggeration) in hope of picking up a ticket. Haven't been lucky at all this season. And yet we're seeing empty seats galore. Can't wait for the Wolves game, imagine it, full of empty seats like we've seen the last few home games as touts are holding the tickets.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's frustrating. I'm spending half my life on the ticket exchange (okay maybe a slight exaggeration) in hope of picking up a ticket. Haven't been lucky at all this season. And yet we're seeing empty seats galore. Can't wait for the Wolves game, imagine it, full of empty seats like we've seen the last few home games as touts are holding the tickets.
That's why I have resorted to third party sights. People say....I am part of the problem. But I have 2 options. Spend 1.5-2 hours a ticket release day, along with maybe 15-20 minutes a day messing about on the exchange or pay £150-200 quid and be done with it.

I earn around £30-35 quid an hour. So while yes paying £150 is ridiculous it's no more ridiculous than spending maybe 3 or 4 hours a week for nothing. In the end its time vrs money.

iainh1

Arsenal said they 'hold' about 200 tickets per match- tickets where they're suspicious and they make those people show ID and the majority of them don't turn up. If groups of seats bought together by touts using bots etc were held then it makes sense why groups of empty chairs are seen.

The bad thing is if those tickets are held for one game the touts will just try again next time so it doesn't solve the problem and you've just got empty seats when there's people willing to fly from abroad to see the match 🥹😭
Agreed thanks, yes most of the empty seats I could see were in blocks of more than one. But i'd say there were more than 200. So that explanation is likley part of the issue; but as you say that does not really help people who should have a decent chance of getting in getting blocked out by this behaviour.

iainh1

Crazy as it sounds, the club should investigate some way to fill those empty seats. Something like a standby queue that gets released one by one on confirmation of an empty seat. And a balloting methodology so that people get at least a fair chance of getting tickets across the season.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
They are trying to introduce a scheme ( well they have already supposed to have) where season ticketholders that have seats that are not used at least a certain percentage of the time will lose their season ticket in the following yr. I think the idea is if a season ticket holder can’t ever make it to games in a particular season but don’t want to lose their seats , they will need to put them up on the official club exchange where others can access them on a one off basis.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
They are trying to introduce a scheme ( well they have already supposed to have) where season ticketholders that have seats that are not used at least a certain percentage of the time will lose their season ticket in the following yr. I think the idea is if a season ticket holder can’t ever make it to games in a particular season but don’t want to lose their seats , they will need to put them up on the official club exchange where others can access them on a one off basis.
Problem is Most season ticket holders live in and around London. They probably know people who would take the tickets of their hands for them so they never really need to go on the exchange that often.

The big problem is touts getting membership and buying loads of tickets to sell on for more.

Say a tout buys 10 tickets for the Leeds match at £50 a ticket. £500. He only needs to sell 3 tickets at ridiculous prices to make his money back. Then he can wait and take what is offered meaning if he is left with 2 or 3 tickets it's no real loss to him as he's already made his money.

Tickets on 3rd party sites are basically £200. Touts were selling tickets outside the Emirates for Palace and Leeds yesterday for £200 also.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Problem is Most season ticket holders live in and around London. They probably know people who would take the tickets of their hands for them so they never really need to go on the exchange that often.

The big problem is touts getting membership and buying loads of tickets to sell on for more.

Say a tout buys 10 tickets for the Leeds match at £50 a ticket. £500. He only needs to sell 3 tickets at ridiculous prices to make his money back. Then he can wait and take what is offered meaning if he is left with 2 or 3 tickets it's no real loss to him as he's already made his money.

Tickets on 3rd party sites are basically £200. Touts were selling tickets outside the Emirates for Palace and Leeds yesterday for £200 also.
I understand and it’s a bigger problem but supposedly there are season tickets that go unused across an entire season. Seems unbelievable but I guess there are some very wealthy people who don’t have the time to go to games that often and surround themselves with other similar types who don’t really need the tickets. Probably couldn’t be bothered thinking about organising it anyway. Or there are other people who start to get invited to boxes and rarely use their season tickets (ahem Alan Davies and some of those AFTV types)

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I understand and it’s a bigger problem but supposedly there are season tickets that go unused across an entire season. Seems unbelievable but I guess there are some very wealthy people who don’t have the time to go to games that often and surround themselves with other similar types who don’t really need the tickets. Probably couldn’t be bothered thinking about organising it anyway. Or there are other people who start to get invited to boxes and rarely use their season tickets (ahem Alan Davies and some of those AFTV types)
Yeah like you would get a lot of Londoners who maybe have a wedding or whatever to attend or on holidays and would rather just miss the match than organise to sell the ticket or give it to a friend etc.

Then you have the types like you say, who 2k a year is nothing.

Madness to think that you have to pay £200 for a match against Leeds or Palace.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Supposedly these 3rd party websites with supposedly large quantity of tickets at exhorbitant prices don’t always guarantee you a ticket. When someone buys a ticket, the seller then tries to source the ticket assuming he will be able to find one at massively marked up price. He is just a middle man. Given the demand currently, sometimes they are unable to source sufficient tickets and they will give the buyers a refund at very short notice before the game. Totally unacceptable if you are travelling from far distances based on the assumption you have a ticket.

You must do as much due diligence as you can but it’s always going to be a risk. I have only ever used two sources, never had a problem but I completely understand that doesn’t mean I might not lose my money in the future, even from those same two.

Radom individuals on Twitter saying “I have a ticket for X” are the absolute worst, you might as well burn your money.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You must do as much due diligence as you can but it’s always going to be a risk. I have only ever used two sources, never had a problem but I completely understand that doesn’t mean I might not lose my money in the future, even from those same two.

Radom individuals on Twitter saying “I have a ticket for X” are the absolute worst, you might as well burn your money.
What gets me is the arrogance of some of the scammers or the blatant lack of intelligence.

A fake FB or twitter profile, of a middle aged white male, with 1000 random friends all from Africa. Says from London on their profile, yet when speaking to them clearly isn't a native speaker and happens to be "out of town" when asking to meet in London to exchange the tickets. A scripted response to any questions asked. Then asks you to pay via Revolut. You could literally see it a mile off.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The government needs to be doing a lot more to stop ticket touts. It's a big problem, happens in events across the country.
The government can hardly address immigration, general benefits, unemployment, the NHS, the education system etc etc.

The last thing the government are worried about is some cockney buying a ticket for a sports event for £40 quid and selling it for £150.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
The government can hardly address immigration, general benefits, unemployment, the NHS, the education system etc etc.

The last thing the government are worried about is some cockney buying a ticket for a sports event for £40 quid and selling it for £150.

Then they are failing their duty. It’s their responsibility to act. Ticket touting is basically scamming.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Then they are failing their duty. It’s their responsibility to act. Ticket touting is basically scamming.
As I've already said. If the government can't control major life changing things, stopping John Smith make 70 quid on a ticket isn't top of his priority.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

To be honest where there's profiteering this lot usually have their snouts in the trough. I wouldn't be surprised if some Tory is benefitting from our misery on this

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
To be honest where there's profiteering this lot usually have their snouts in the trough. I wouldn't be surprised if some Tory is benefitting from our misery on this
Yeah everyone has their fingers in the pie.

VancouverCanuck

Have been ages since I managed to watch a match in person. I have from Canada after all.

Would love to be there in person this year..but not possible as I don't get to travel to London often.

Just wondering if people would be better off buying away tickets? I know there is an extra travel and all. But it may be easier that way considering the cost at the Emirates is so high these days.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Have been ages since I managed to watch a match in person. I have from Canada after all.

Would love to be there in person this year..but not possible as I don't get to travel to London often.

Just wondering if people would be better off buying away tickets? I know there is an extra travel and all. But it may be easier that way considering the cost at the Emirates is so high these days.
No because at the end most people have to fly into London (if you are from outside of the UK). Then other flights etc.

I was looking at going to Liverpool match. Flights were €230. And a lot of hassle. Spain to London to Liverpool.

Flights Spain to London on the weekend of Soton were 50 quid.

I can get tickets for Liverpool for £100. For Soton £180.

VancouverCanuck

No because at the end most people have to fly into London (if you are from outside of the UK). Then other flights etc.

I was looking at going to Liverpool match. Flights were €230. And a lot of hassle. Spain to London to Liverpool.

Flights Spain to London on the weekend of Soton were 50 quid.

I can get tickets for Liverpool for £100. For Soton £180.
For me, flying across the Atlantic, there are viable alternatives like Manchester and Glasgow. But you still have to factor in other transportation costs and the extra time. But I figure if I am paying a few hundred quids at the Emirates, I might as well go an away match and stay in a nicer hotel there.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
For me, flying across the Atlantic, there are viable alternatives like Manchester and Glasgow. But you still have to factor in other transportation costs and the extra time. But I figure if I am paying a few hundred quids at the Emirates, I might as well go an away match and stay in a nicer hotel there.
So you can fly from Toronto or say Montreal direct to Liverpool or Manchester?

There's a quick check on flights for say the Soton match. I'm sure it's the same if you go a week before for Liverpool away.

You pay over £200 more to save maybe £100 on a ticket. Added to the travel time it costs more both in time and effort.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230402_235221_Skyscanner.jpg
    Screenshot_20230402_235221_Skyscanner.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230402_235245_Skyscanner.jpg
    Screenshot_20230402_235245_Skyscanner.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom