• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tight shirts

mayoud

If anyone has watched the rugby world cup they should have noticed that the shirts worn by the players are all skin tight, the idea is to make it more difficult to hold on to a player being tackled (shirt pulling is legal in rugby). Admitedly due to the cloth not yet being perfectly developed many more shirts are being ripped off the players backs but this would be an excellent innovation for football teams to make, the first club to do so would be at an advantage over the others until they also change kit. This could add seasons to the careers of players who go forward with the ball at their feet.

AFCG7

Established Member
Roma Italy Feyenoord Blacburn and all teams wearing a Kappa shirt have already done this

jc8gooner

Those kappa shirts are more fitted than any others, but they are not absolutely skin-tight like the England rugby shirts. The England players need help getting the shirts on they are so tight! I am not sure that skin-tight shirts would be that good an idea. In theory, yes, but I'm not so sure.

EJub

In the states, the NFL also had shirts designed to rip away.

Vieira and Henry would be leaving each match with only a collar
if they made these shirts for the Arsenal.

AFCG7

Established Member
Geez.. if they're tighter than the Kappa shirts.. defenders would prob need longer fingernails

Those tight T-shirts may reduce shirt holding but they look dreadfull.
As AFCG7 said, a few clubs around Europe (Tottenham, Roma, Feyenord, Auxarre, Betis, Blackburn...) wear these t-shirts, but somehow it doesn't seams right for football.

A

Anonymous

Why not just spray the colours on the players, a bit cold in winter but it will make you run around more :lol:

AFCG7

Established Member
myth
:lol:
i'm sure certain defenders who like grabbing would have their opponents in serious trouble
:lol:

Jinn

Established Member
It doesn't seem right in football because most footballers are not muscly enough to look good in tight shirts.

kajej

I think Italy's jersey's really helpful as it is really stretchy so when someone pulls your shirt it is very evident to the reff

Anders Limpar

Henrik Larsson said:
Those tight T-shirts may reduce shirt holding but they look dreadfull.
As AFCG7 said, a few clubs around Europe (Tottenham, Roma, Feyenord, Auxarre, Betis, Blackburn...) wear these t-shirts, but somehow it doesn't seams right for football.

Roma is actually having Diadora shirts this season...

...but the design i similar and it looks great! Looks very retro and it's about time someone brought fashion back to the game! The Nike shirts we have is a disgrace...

...american sh*te!

va_va_voom

Its great for premiership footballers with their toned physiques, but not so nice on ya average pie munching, beer swilling fan. plus they llok sh*t. Thank god the Spuds have them and not us, they all look so camp!!!

Anders Limpar

Ps. Not my intention to disrespect any americans!!! You're great :mrgreen:

Got caught up in an attempt to get our team some nice looking shirts that's all, sorry...

Couldn't disagree with you more va va voom, best spuds shirt in a million years (crap commercial though...)

Latest posts

Top Bottom