• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tim Krul

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
host of clubs a ready to try and prise Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul away from St James' Park, skysports.com understands.

Krul produced an outstanding performance as he came off the bench in Newcastle's Championship opener against West Brom.

The 21-year-old Dutchman was only playing his second game for Newcastle a the Hawthorns, but he has enjoyed first-team experience while on loan with Falkirk and Carlisle.

Now the likes of Arsenal, Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull City and local rivals Sunderland are taking a keen interest.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5485067,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 67,00.html</a>

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I really rate this guy. I don't think we'll buy him though. We've stocked up on young keepers lately and we've already got a great talent in Szczesny, who I can easily see being the better option when the time comes to replace Almunia and/or Fabianski. Not that competition would hurt of course, but Krul is the flavor of the week and will cost accordingly.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
He's actually a quality keeper. Still, I agree with Klaus that Szczesny looks quality as well, and I still have faith in Fabianski.

Not a needed signing.

kamikaze80

Established Member
well, fabianski is simply not that good, so it makes perfect sense. don't get too attached to him, he won't be around too long.

Proof

Established Member
Wenger should look at Monaco's GK, Stéphane Ruffier, who IMO, in a few years will be at the national team and transfered to a top team.

qs

Established Member
I'd really like to get someone like Krul to keep Fabianski out of the team. I don't think its going to happen though.

progman07

Established Member
I find it funny that every single player we are linked to, has Sunderland as another team interested... :lol:

Are we at the same level? What are the newspapers thinking...

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
progman07 said:
I find it funny that every single player we are linked to, has Sunderland as another team interested... :lol:

Are we at the same level? What are the newspapers thinking...
:lol: no it's probably because everyone knows that Steve Bruce is a big admirer of Wenger and his eye for talent.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we're seriously thinking about someone to keep Fabianski on his toes then Neuer would be a better option even though he would be more expensive.

DREVAK

Established Member
You mean Manuel Neuer the Schalke 04 number one and vice captain, that Manuel Neuer? To keep Fabianski on his toes?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Manonne scares the **** out of me when ever he plays.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Wojciech Szczesny (who broke both arms and only returned towards the very end of last season) and James Shea?

I expect Szczesny to dispossess both Mannone and Fabianski in due time, but it's not really surprising that we've kept Mannone around. To say that he's played a lot is to stretch things to their limit at best though. He's played a single competitive game for the club in his whole career. All he's got on his conscience is the meaningless game against Stoke at the very end of last season. Before that - nothing. Not even a Carling cup performance.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
True though. Yep I was referring to that 2.

Shea was initally the one I was impressed with during our youth cup run till I seen how good is Szczesny after he came back from his injury and this pre-season further confirmed that

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Klaus Daimler said:
I really rate this guy. I don't think we'll buy him though. We've stocked up on young keepers lately and we've already got a great talent in Szczesny, who I can easily see being the better option when the time comes to replace Almunia and/or Fabianski. Not that competition would hurt of course, but Krul is the flavor of the week and will cost accordingly.
Seconded. rate him higher than all other Dutch goalies. Pity he doesn't get more playing time, because it's real matches what he needs to prove how good he is. Think he made a big mistake by going to NUFC, could have been 1st goalie at a lot of Dutch clubs, who still want him but can't afford him anymore. Hope this teaches other talents not to move to a rich club/big league to soon.

Top Bottom