• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Time to get behind the team

Lord Dula

Established Member
Oh be quiet.

If you cant see why people are having a rant, then maybe it would help if you took off those rose tinted glasses and broaden your mind.

Those moaning are entitled to and I bet my left testicle that most dont want to see Wenger go.

To deliver it in a Wengeresque way "It's like marriage, if there werent arguements it wouldnt be natural - it'd be like the way Posh tries to portray her marriage to Becks"

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
sabret00the said:
lay low? so you're saying playing pires who was invisible is better than playing a youngster who will try and do something positive? you're having a laugh discriminating based on age is stupid, yes we had kids out there and if their was a better option available i'd scream for that but where was it? tell me in all of our squad what other wingers did we have available? stop talking s**t in your anti-quincy campaign, we need to play our strongest squads irrelevant of experience and maturity and we never done that.

regarding your thoughts on who's winning games with kids then i'll be honest and say no one really, West Ham are the closest, but i'll ask you this, isn't Wenger supposed to the be that s**t-hot manager that get's the best outta people? manages to make them perform above and beyond all expectation?

to be honest i don't fit into either category, while i do understand both categories and sympathise with both, more so the long termers, my only desire is to see the best team out there from the current available squad on the next match day. i'm sorry but it doesn't take a genius to know Eboue's a full back and Quincy's a winger, so why would you bring on a full back who then came to instinctively share Lauren's space? you know what that tells me? it was a whimsical substitution, one that hasn't been practiced in training and f****g illogical.

i don't beleive i've ever said the game was easily winnable, i'm not one of the supporters harping on about who was missing or making excuses, my frustrations towards the game came from the managers comments after the match. i can begrudgingly handle losing, i really can, however to say we can't strengthen because it may get in the way of someone who may end up a genius and another who will end up average is absurd to me.

when i looked at the line up for the match and saw Reyes and Dennis up front i honestly never once thought the goals would come from the front line, infact i thought the goal was most likely to come from the right wing, when we lost that i thought of f**k and to be honest would've thought bringing on quincy to partner reyes and exploit their speed was just logical, but maybe that's just me.

i'm sorry you disagree but my thoughts are no matter what the plan for the future is, your bench is to be used to change the game and you should always field your best team based on form, not on how close they are to collecting their pension.

Regarding Chelsea, i'm not sure who's comparing but to say because they got a stronger squad than us we should lose anymore than 2 games per season is ludicrous, if they're stronger than us, it's them and only them, and it's upto the manager to make sure we're not losing stupid games.

So your argument is strickly that Quincy should have played?? And form is more important then experience?? Well obviously Wenger and a lot of top coaches would disagree with you on that one. Its about balance..and Pires was fit..and does add more balance(youth/experience). As to why Ebout and not Quincy, you talk like you see these players everyday and Wenger just pulls one from his ass when deciding on the subs. You can disagree with him but can you at least give him the benefit of seeing these kids everyday and knowing a tiny bit more than you of how they all work COLLECTIVELY as a team.

And its beyond me that you think Wenger will sacrifice the team's winning potential by just putting in a player cos he is french..or about to receive pension... cmon know at least try to respect that he does value experience.
A lot of coaches do my friend..that should say give you a hint on how right/wrong you are about what u believe are factors to be considered as a first 11.

Yes Wenger is that sh* hot manager..and its because of what he had done/can do people like you end up having all these unrealistic expectations. Only a Wenger will make most of you fans ***** and moan about losing a game that we clearly were the better team even with so much youth starting and in the bench. Remember that!!!

The only reason we always expect to win games these days even with our kids is cos of Wenger and the belief he has created in all of us that once we are on the pitch with our 11(regardless) we should be able to compete..and all the other realities(lack of funds..depth..) goes out the window.

Tegh

Established Member
alexander_hleb said:
Kha0z said:
Rubbish.

Now is the time for doom and gloom.

Now is the time to vent every blasted negative emotion God allowed you to be witness to.

If you want to say screw wenger.. so be it.

If this was any other club in the premiership with the exception of Chelsea, the manager would be under pressure right now.

Wenger takes praise, he can take criticism. And personally. Since we are out of everything, we may as well lose as many games as possible.
That way we can dump the freeloading peasants that Wenger has recruited, because it's clear they cannot hold their own.

Arsenal losing to basement teams. Bullcrap. I'll vent every blasted piece of profanity I have available. I've already given this forum a 10 hour chillout period from the time of that game.. because I know i'd be too pissed off to talk properly. But as far as I'm concerned.. something in Arsenal had better change.. and change feckin quickly.. before I start assassinating a bastage.

bloody hell your mr sunshine eh?

maybe you should know that were losing because we have 9 f***ing of our main players injured? prehaps?

No they wouldn't. Being a few points off the CL places, with a game in hand, 8 games in, is not the kind of situation that puts a manager under pressure, regardless of form. Infact, your example is completely wrong, as Chelsea are the only club that would have their manager under pressure for being well off the pace in their situation.

I'm assuming the freeloaders he recruited are the likes of Pires and Bergkamp?

You're a tard.

totally agree.

I agree too, but he already knew that.

A

Anonymous

People are idiots.

If things are going wrong, Of course I'll complain.

Should I complain when things are right?

Idiocy. Retardem.

I'll complain when I don't like the way things are progressing.
And that's life.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
When are u gonna lay low on your Quincy campaign???? Don't you think we had enough kids out there yesterday? Isn't cesc, flamini, eboue, clichy, Senderos enough #s for you?? And beleive me had we just like all you moaners say beef up the squad these kids will not even get playing time when the Gilberto's,Freddies are out?

your views on experience is absurd. you'd rather have an utter useless and near invisible pires out there than a quincy, clichy or whoever? someone who at least tries to put in an effort...

to everyone else, why are we so sure wenger's long term plan is even going to work? i'd say several of the youngsters are far from certain world beaters. i.e. flamini, senderos, lupoli and hoyte. i am far from certain even the likes of eboue and quincy can really establish themselves as top, top players here. of the younger players, only clichy, cesc, reyes and van persie stands out as sure bets...

A

Anonymous

Sure bets at being good, not great.

They have never really been blooded in the team over the years.

To all of you who think we have a divine right to win every game and only offer support when the going is good - I hear there's still a bit of space left on the chelsea bandwagon. Go and play on one of their forums.

_scorpion_

Established Member
Pires has been the invisible window for the best part of 2 years now.

If you can't see that then I've made my point.

But on a serious note while were in a 'transitioning mood', lets go all out and play Quincy or Smith etc. What is the bloody point of stock piling all of europes under 20's talent if we decide to play invisible windows in the side?

Maybe Raymond Domonech (an idiot he may be) was onto something when he dropped Pires 2 years ago!

If we can all see it, why can't Wenger see it? It is really starting to make my nose bleed when I see him floundering along the touchline like a lost puppy scared to get his socks dirty as attackers cruise past him....

Or in other moments, the Charlie Chapplin-like shuffle to nowhere specific, followed by a pass back to Gilberto....

It is frustrating and people should be allowed to vent their frustrations without the counter attack that comes from supporters still crowing about his past contributions!

I'm sorry but that is the type of experience he can leave on the bench....i'd rather roll the dice with all youth seeing as we bought them for a reason and this is a transition season.

jeromelee

Thats my point too. If you say you want to give the youngsters a try, then do it. Let them play instead of continuing with the experienced players who aren't contributing anyway.

Gooner83

Why would Wenger drop Pires, when hes one of our very few experienced players at the mo.

He may not be as good as he was before injuries etc, but he can still get vital goals for us.

Wildcat018

Before I start I want to say, everyone has a right to critisize. We're fans supporters and we've been spoiled by the successes we've had in the past, and every year we want to improve on the past.

I'm behind Wenger and Arsenal 100%

Wenger knew it be tough without Viera, but it was manageable we still could field a strong starting 11.

Wenger knew we lacked a deep bench.

What he didn't know was that we were going to endure all the injuries we have endured, especially so early and all at the same time. We have been hit with more injuries than any other team, so far.

We haven't fielded our starting 11 all year, which I believe is:

-----------Lehmann
Lauren Toure Cambell Cole

Ljunberg Cesc Gilberto Reyes
---------Henry V. Persie

Then our bench could be: DB10, Pires, Hleb, Quincy, Senderos, Almunia

Hleb can play in the middle of the park and the wings, and I believe should share time in the center midfield for Cesc, so they both gain experience and not get worn out by the grueling schedule.

However b/c of injuries we have makeshift lineups. In the Prem. we haven't started the same 11 twice in a row. It's hard to play in a team system, when the guy next to you is different every game!

If we would have been able to field our normal starting 11 thoughout the campaign, we would be challenging Chelsea at the top, trust me and I know when we are all healthy again, we will make a fantastic run!

One last thing:

Pires has been the invisible window for the best part of 2 years now.

Pires has scored 14 Prem. goals a year for the past 2 years, if that's invisible, I know a lot of players that wished they were invisible!

That way we can dump the freeloading peasants that Wenger has recruited

Some of Wenger's recruits: Pires, Bergkamp, Henry, Viera, Campbell

I can't wait until we make a run at the Prem. and collect silverware from FA and CL and PLEASE don't let Pires or Bergkamp score the winning goal and you guys start saying how Wenger should stay for life and how Bergy and Pires are legends, then I'll call each and every one of you hypocrites out!

A

Anonymous

I don't have any negative feelings or comments towards Henry, Bergkamp, Campbell or Vieira.

My freeloading comment was directed at those who are simply making up the numbers. Flamini for obvious example. Arsenal don't need such mediocrity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom