• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Time to get behind the team

footballus_maximus

Wenger is not stupid, and although he will never say it, Wenger knows this season is a transitional one, and i think he planned it that way.

This is not the time for doom and gloom. We should all get behind the team coz i really don't think we're as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I watched the whole game against West Brom (90 mins). First half, we played excellent football, one touch, fast tempo.......just we keep coming up against good keepers. Ok no excuses we should still be able to put teams like west brom away but we had 3/4 of a team out and straight after internationals. When we get back our full team and buy a player in the transfer window in january, we will be even stronger. Wenger is thinking long term rather than short term. He's being patient with the youngsters despite the lack of results. i think it will pay off in the end, let's hope the young fans see that too. Every club needs to go through bad times in order to become stronger. While everyone is criticising, Wenger is always plotting and building for the future.

Good things come to those who wait. The Gunners will be back!

arsenaal fan

footballus_maximus said:
Wenger is not stupid, and although he will never say it, Wenger knows this season is a transitional one, and i think he planned it that way.

Not replacing your main central midfielder and captain and relying solely on the kids is not stupid?
Not buying enough defensive cover when you know how injury prone Campbell is is not stupid?
Not having any other targets in mind besides Baptista and Robinho is not stupid?
Playing the likes of Pires who have consistently not performed for almost a year and not giving Quincy a chance is not stupid?
Not making substitutions in games before it's too late not stupid? Not just once that too, TIME AND AGAIN!
Great manager, but I have to ask, how do you define a person who just doesn't like learning from his mistakes but instead does them over and over again?

A

Anonymous

Rubbish.

Now is the time for doom and gloom.

Now is the time to vent every blasted negative emotion God allowed you to be witness to.

If you want to say screw wenger.. so be it.

If this was any other club in the premiership with the exception of Chelsea, the manager would be under pressure right now.

Wenger takes praise, he can take criticism. And personally. Since we are out of everything, we may as well lose as many games as possible.
That way we can dump the freeloading peasants that Wenger has recruited, because it's clear they cannot hold their own.

Arsenal losing to basement teams. Bullcrap. I'll vent every blasted piece of profanity I have available. I've already given this forum a 10 hour chillout period from the time of that game.. because I know i'd be too pissed off to talk properly. But as far as I'm concerned.. something in Arsenal had better change.. and change feckin quickly.. before I start assassinating a bastage.

arsenaal fan

The problem in this forum is that no one can take critisicm for Wenger just cause of what he's done for the club in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am very very very greatful to Wenger for what he's done to the club and actually made us competitive for the Premiership from what we were before his arrival! BUT BUT BUT, does this mean that we shouldn't not be looking to improve and better ourselves as a team JUST BECAUSE WE WEREN"T THAT GREAT AT A STAGE?!
Call me hyporitical, but if I praise Wenger for what all he's done for the club, does that mean I have no right to critisize?
Sure we're in this position and have the expectations that we do have ALL CAUSE OF WENGER. Agreed very much so, but I fail to understand why people time and again say that just due to that reason that we shouldn't even get the thought of having someone else as the manager other than Arsène. Arsène, it's time to take the finger out and start improving and performing, or be prepared to face the backlash. No one individual is bigger than the club.

yoinkster

Wenger didn't buy because he wanted to use this season to give the kids experience, can't you see that ? He wanted a transition season no doubt and that's Henry is sitting back thinking to himself "I trust Wenger, if he says it's going to come good, it will. But I won't tie myself down until I see what Wenger sees in these kids" which is perfectly acceptable.
Wenger didn't buy big to replace Vieira because he wants Cesc and Flamini to grow as players, having transfer targets doesn't mean you get anywhere and anyway, he's targeted youth hasn't he ??
Losing interest in this arguement now so going to stop before I ramble too much.
But at the end of the day, we aren't going to have a good season any fan with his head screwed could've forseen that, maybe not as bad as it is but I certainly didn't expect to be top at this point of the season.

sabret00the

Established Member
yoinkster if he wants to give the kids a chance then he should do that, playing pires is playing 10 men, the extra man could help us to win and look good doing that and playing dennis when we're searching for a goal with no finisher is just ludicrous.

oh and it's practically unamimously agreed in the footballing world that flamini will be a handy squad player, but first teamster? NO. we need someone even to play instead of Gilberto to lock down and marshall the midfield, we won't get that through the reserves.

shariefoo

Alot here are angry at Wenger because he sold Paddy and never replaced him.. Because his main target Babtista got away.. because he didnt buy more than Hleb and Song in the summer.. Because he did not buy a cover for Sol.. etc..etc..etc..

Beleive me I DONT BLAME YOU.. you have the right to feel angry at all of this and with the away results we are getting you have all the reason.

But Remember this..

How many time did Wenger brought Success to a club that was drifting towards being a regular in mid-table.. How many times did he surprise us with ne players that NO ONE heard about before..
Lets face it, he played Pires and not Quency because he feels that the young dutch is not ready. Same applys for Lupoli who is shining in the reserves.. No one knows about young talents more than Arsène.. And that is why is he our manager..

I say we support him till the end.. He never disappointed us before and i doubt he will ever disappoint us.. We are known around Europ because of him.. We play an attractive game because of him.. Emirates Stadium is because of him.. The things he did for the club is amazing..

Like someone said he is planning for the long term of Arsenal.. He is planning for a success in the next 10-15 years.. Players like Cesc, Reyes, Clichy and the other youngsters are the ones who will do this and Arsène knows the exact time to release them to the world..

jeromelee

yoinkster said:
Wenger didn't buy because he wanted to use this season to give the kids experience, can't you see that ? He wanted a transition season no doubt and that's Henry is sitting back thinking to himself "I trust Wenger, if he says it's going to come good, it will. But I won't tie myself down until I see what Wenger sees in these kids" which is perfectly acceptable.
Wenger didn't buy big to replace Vieira because he wants Cesc and Flamini to grow as players, having transfer targets doesn't mean you get anywhere and anyway, he's targeted youth hasn't he ??
Losing interest in this arguement now so going to stop before I ramble too much.
But at the end of the day, we aren't going to have a good season any fan with his head screwed could've forseen that, maybe not as bad as it is but I certainly didn't expect to be top at this point of the season.

True it seems like a transition season for us. But this really is a bad time for it, seeing that we will be moving to our new stadium next season. What if we don't get CL football next season? Will we be able to fill our stadium? Will the loss of CL football coverage affect us? Will Titi leave? Will we be able to attract world class stars?

This truly isn't the best time to be testing the team. I think Wenger should've strengthen as much as possible because it is crucial that we have CL games next season or we'll lose so much money it might kill us.

shariefoo

One more thing.. I havent been the biggest supporter for Pires this season but i beleive the only reason he is playing now-a-days is 1) The team is filled with Injuries to Senior player 2) the experiance he is offering to a such young team..

chandraraj

i am amazed to read some of the posts. some of you are mad and some of you are trying to be optimistic. i for one is angry because i love arsenal. and i know all of you guys love them too. we do not want arsenal to lose to any teams, no matter how strong they are or how weak they are. but i am not angry at Arsène.
i will never be angry at him. frustrated, yes.

i just hope arsenal will win Cl to make-up for all our frustrations!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
sabret00the said:
yoinkster if he wants to give the kids a chance then he should do that, playing pires is playing 10 men, the extra man could help us to win and look good doing that and playing dennis when we're searching for a goal with no finisher is just ludicrous.

oh and it's practically unamimously agreed in the footballing world that flamini will be a handy squad player, but first teamster? NO. we need someone even to play instead of Gilberto to lock down and marshall the midfield, we won't get that through the reserves.

When are u gonna lay low on your Quincy campaign???? Don't you think we had enough kids out there yesterday? Isn't cesc, flamini, eboue, clichy, Senderos enough #s for you?? And beleive me had we just like all you moaners say beef up the squad these kids will not even get playing time when the Gilberto's,Freddies are out?

How do you keep *****in' on these kids not getting playing time yet expecting easy wins with the same kids. I know you will point the finger to the same pires/bergy..but please..look areound you in any league and point me a team that wins titles with kids?????? Their mistakes are in their thinking..something that an average football fan can not easily notice..cos you are busy looking at what someone does with the ball. To them its not an issue of form. It doesnt' come easy guys!!! Give these kids a break cos they are doing a whole lot more than they can deliver.

So get on board with Wenger and th board cos i believe they are planning for Long Term success and hoping for Short Term success. With the team of ours size(financially) we can not successfully build for the future while guaranteeing us current success cos we just do not have the funds to support both objectives. Can we at least agreee on that? Once you ACCEPT that then you will fall into either one of these thinking categories:

Short Termers: You have the right to continue *****in about alll that you think should have been done in the summer besides the few obvious efforts(baptista)especially in regards to buying some players cos of lack of depth. So keep *****in' but please please have the balls to come out back to this forum in 2/3 years time and call urself a ***** for not having the foresight.

Long Termers: Well I fit in this category. Have still some hope cos i believe we can still somehows compete bare no injuries and with a bit of luck. But am willing to start fighting for the 2nd/3rd/4th spot even this early(october) while patiently wait for the next 2-3 years to see the fruits of this years work.

Do you guys try to look at our players individually? Look at yesterday's lineup and when you finish going throught the full lineup ask yourself is this a team that can just easily win any game? Forget they play for Arsenal and try to be honest with your answer. Success can really spoil you.

These comparisons to Chelsea..its a joke..We are not in their league, sh* nobody is.

Ratinho

Established Member
Kha0z said:
If this was any other club in the premiership with the exception of Chelsea, the manager would be under pressure right now.

Wenger takes praise, he can take criticism. And personally. Since we are out of everything, we may as well lose as many games as possible.
That way we can dump the freeloading peasants that Wenger has recruited, because it's clear they cannot hold their own.

Arsenal losing to basement teams. Bullcrap. I'll vent every blasted piece of profanity I have available. I've already given this forum a 10 hour chillout period from the time of that game.. because I know i'd be too pissed off to talk properly. But as far as I'm concerned.. something in Arsenal had better change.. and change feckin quickly.. before I start assassinating a bastage.

No they wouldn't. Being a few points off the CL places, with a game in hand, 8 games in, is not the kind of situation that puts a manager under pressure, regardless of form. Infact, your example is completely wrong, as Chelsea are the only club that would have their manager under pressure for being well off the pace in their situation.

I'm assuming the freeloaders he recruited are the likes of Pires and Bergkamp? :?

You're a tard.

alexander_hleb

Kha0z said:
Rubbish.

Now is the time for doom and gloom.

Now is the time to vent every blasted negative emotion God allowed you to be witness to.

If you want to say screw wenger.. so be it.

bloody hell your mr sunshine eh?

maybe you should know that were losing because we have 9 f***ing of our main players injured? prehaps?

No they wouldn't. Being a few points off the CL places, with a game in hand, 8 games in, is not the kind of situation that puts a manager under pressure, regardless of form. Infact, your example is completely wrong, as Chelsea are the only club that would have their manager under pressure for being well off the pace in their situation.

I'm assuming the freeloaders he recruited are the likes of Pires and Bergkamp?

You're a tard.

totally agree.

sabret00the

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
sabret00the said:

When are u gonna lay low on your Quincy campaign???? Don't you think we had enough kids out there yesterday? Isn't cesc, flamini, eboue, clichy, Senderos enough #s for you?? And beleive me had we just like all you moaners say beef up the squad these kids will not even get playing time when the Gilberto's,Freddies are out?

How do you keep *****in' on these kids not getting playing time yet expecting easy wins with the same kids. I know you will point the finger to the same pires/bergy..but please..look areound you in any league and point me a team that wins titles with kids?????? Their mistakes are in their thinking..something that an average football fan can not easily notice..cos you are busy looking at what someone does with the ball. To them its not an issue of form. It doesnt' come easy guys!!! Give these kids a break cos they are doing a whole lot more than they can deliver.

So get on board with Wenger and th board cos i believe they are planning for Long Term success and hoping for Short Term success. With the team of ours size(financially) we can not successfully build for the future while guaranteeing us current success cos we just do not have the funds to support both objectives. Can we at least agreee on that? Once you ACCEPT that then you will fall into either one of these thinking categories:

Short Termers: You have the right to continue *****in about alll that you think should have been done in the summer besides the few obvious efforts(baptista)especially in regards to buying some players cos of lack of depth. So keep *****in' but please please have the balls to come out back to this forum in 2/3 years time and call urself a ***** for not having the foresight.

Long Termers: Well I fit in this category. Have still some hope cos i believe we can still somehows compete bare no injuries and with a bit of luck. But am willing to start fighting for the 2nd/3rd/4th spot even this early(october) while patiently wait for the next 2-3 years to see the fruits of this years work.

Do you guys try to look at our players individually? Look at yesterday's lineup and when you finish going throught the full lineup ask yourself is this a team that can just easily win any game? Forget they play for Arsenal and try to be honest with your answer. Success can really spoil you.

These comparisons to Chelsea..its a joke..We are not in their league, sh* nobody is.
lay low? so you're saying playing pires who was invisible is better than playing a youngster who will try and do something positive? you're having a laugh discriminating based on age is stupid, yes we had kids out there and if their was a better option available i'd scream for that but where was it? tell me in all of our squad what other wingers did we have available? stop talking **** in your anti-quincy campaign, we need to play our strongest squads irrelevant of experience and maturity and we never done that.

regarding your thoughts on who's winning games with kids then i'll be honest and say no one really, West Ham are the closest, but i'll ask you this, isn't Wenger supposed to the be that ****-hot manager that get's the best outta people? manages to make them perform above and beyond all expectation?

to be honest i don't fit into either category, while i do understand both categories and sympathise with both, more so the long termers, my only desire is to see the best team out there from the current available squad on the next match day. i'm sorry but it doesn't take a genius to know Eboue's a full back and Quincy's a winger, so why would you bring on a full back who then came to instinctively share Lauren's space? you know what that tells me? it was a whimsical substitution, one that hasn't been practiced in training and ****ing illogical.

i don't beleive i've ever said the game was easily winnable, i'm not one of the supporters harping on about who was missing or making excuses, my frustrations towards the game came from the managers comments after the match. i can begrudgingly handle losing, i really can, however to say we can't strengthen because it may get in the way of someone who may end up a genius and another who will end up average is absurd to me.

when i looked at the line up for the match and saw Reyes and Dennis up front i honestly never once thought the goals would come from the front line, infact i thought the goal was most likely to come from the right wing, when we lost that i thought of **** and to be honest would've thought bringing on quincy to partner reyes and exploit their speed was just logical, but maybe that's just me.

i'm sorry you disagree but my thoughts are no matter what the plan for the future is, your bench is to be used to change the game and you should always field your best team based on form, not on how close they are to collecting their pension.

Regarding Chelsea, i'm not sure who's comparing but to say because they got a stronger squad than us we should lose anymore than 2 games per season is ludicrous, if they're stronger than us, it's them and only them, and it's upto the manager to make sure we're not losing stupid games.

Lord Dula

Established Member
So far in this thread I've read about people saying:-

1)Wenger wants to give the kids experience

2) Us fans should look to the long term

3) Wenger should be exempt from critism beacause of what he's done

Well as I see it

1) Fair do's he may want to give the kids experience, but I dont think he wanted to rely on them all season as in the case of Cesc - where I have heard him say he's not ready for 40 plus matches

2) We've got some talented youngsters but success in the future is far from guaranteed, especially given the effects that short term hiccups can have.

3) Wenger gets paid top dollar to bring results, pressure is part and parcel of the game, if you're not living up to expectations somethings gone wrong.
Criticism doesnt appear from nowhere (take note ratinho)

James

Established Member
Some of yous are a ****in' joke, and don't deserve the term 'supporter'.

I'm 100% behind Wenger, and always will be. He didn't replace Vieira etc. is getting old now. Wengers plans didn't come off as he'd have liked them too. I'm sure he never planned for the amount of injuries we currently have either. For those of you who are up your own ass, just remember what he's done for this club.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom