• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Timo Hildebrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
cech

wenger admits he missed out on cech. i remember when we were linked with him about two years ago. he just had a great u-21 tournament but as wenger says, there is always a few you miss out on.

that article re-iterates what i felt as to why wenger wont sign timo. the size of the keeper is clearly important in his eyes.

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
cech

wenger admits he missed out on cech. i remember when we were linked with him about two years ago. he just had a great u-21 tournament but as wenger says, there is always a few you miss out on.

that article re-iterates what i felt as to why wenger wont sign timo. the size of the keeper is clearly important in his eyes.

Cech would have been the best solution, considering the timing (2 years ago).

KY

Established Member
Not sure whether to put this under football talk or transfer rumours since theres no actual link from arsenal to timo. but timo has been released fom valencia and i can't help but think that this might be a cheap alternative to solve our goalkeeping problems. Timo used to be exceptionally highly rated and touted as germanys natural heir to oliver kahn back in his stuttgart days.He broke kahns national league record of most minutes without conceding (which i think still hold but not sure). We were linked to him a couple of times during the lehmann days but nothing ever came to fruition. now may be the time...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/1719/valencia/2008/12/04/996100/hildebrand-released-from-valencia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/1719/valenc ... m-valencia</a>

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Hildebrand is pretty good, but not better than Almunia. Would be a good spare choice maybe, but then he might stop Fabianski from developing. And he isn't gonna go to London just to be our third keeper. I guess he'd bring along a bit more competition though.

Gunner4life09

Well If he's a free agent then I don't see how we can lose from the situation. Yes I definitely remember when this forum was crazy about him... how times have changed for the young german.

I doubt it though, he's young and I think this would halt Fab's development if we bring in Timo.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Hildebrand is pretty good, but not better than Almunia. Would be a good spare choice maybe, but then he might stop Fabianski from developing. And he isn't gonna go to London just to be our third keeper. I guess he'd bring along a bit more competition though.

Yeah, you don't bring in crap old rejects like Hildebrand to "kill" the youngsters. Instead you buy players like Silvestre you see.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Exactly!

'cept that Tweety is back on the bench again where he should be of course. Rather have him than Senderos behind Djourou.

KY

Established Member
well, i'll be totally honest when i say i know naughts about hilda but then if wenger can turn lehmann from a nobody into a national number 1, beating the legendary oliver kahn, i don't really see why he can't turn a former german international into a big player again. Almunia is a different case because lehmann already had talent in the first place. :p

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I see you are talking alot of crap

Lehmann from a nobody? He came from conference side?

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
A lot of crap indeed. Lehmann had already been awarded the UEFA Goalkeeper of the Year as the best goalkeeper in Europe once before he joined Arsenal. He was hardly a nobody.

asajoseph

Established Member
Hildebrand was absolutely class for a while, but his career has completely gone off the rails. Not quite sure what went wrong with him, but there's a reason he got released.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Hildebrand was quite good when he played for Stuttgart and broke the record for keeping a clean sheet the longest, but then again the whole team had a very good run of form at the time. They just added to their confidence with every game. He had a very good defence in front of him too. It's a bit unfortunate that he's thirty already and haven't developed further, cause it's gonna be hard for him to find a large club now. I wouldn't make too much of the fact that Valencia released him though. He apparently had trouble to adapt to Spain, didn't learn the language and after Valencias horrible last season Unai Emery took the easy way out and blamed the foreigners. Hildebrand is still a better keeper than Renan (though the brazilian looks interesting). He was just at the wrong club at the worst possible time.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Whats the saying about form being temporary? He's got talent. Talent without the rest of the package makes you mediocre at best. Can Wenger get the best out of him?

Who knows. If he comes on a free, I'd be fine with it. In fact, maybe send out Fabianski on loan for the 2nd half of the season so he can play every week. I think that would suit his development more than playing once every 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom