Timo Horn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Aevius, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

al-Ustaadh likes this.
  2. Crocrodile

Crocrodile Well-Known Member

I'd take Horn as a stop-gap to work in a 1/2 tandem with Lafont.

3. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Unsinkable !

Of course we gonna buy him for 5.4 M... Classic Arsenal.

4. Preacher

Preacher Twitter Bot

Didn't watch him enough, but somebody wrote here in the different thread, that he isn't the best when he has the ball at his feet, which is must for top GK these days. So this possible signing doesn't fascinate me, but he is relatively cheap. It would be typical Arsenal signing.

5. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Part Time Werder Bremen Fan

"He isn't the best" - yeah, he is surely no Neuer or Ederson, but he isn't a Cech or Ospina too. There isn't just good and bad. He is solid enough, it's surely isn't a weakness (so far at Cologne, hopefully that will not change at Arsenal, if he would join us).

Damn, he is still only 24 - i feel like, i know and watch him since a decade.

Sometimes the pressure is a big deal for keepers, Arsenal is a big club, everyone will watch you.

Karius was quite good at Mainz too, but is something different to play for Liverpool and in the PL too. Cologne is bigger than Mainz and he is already showing his strenghts for years. Could work.

6. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Don't rate him, personally, but I can see this happening because of the bargain price tag tho. There's better keepers we should be looking at before Horn, but with the amount of quality we're needing to add (in other positions), and the finances that'll take up, I can't see us spending £30/40/50M on a keeper.

7. Aevius

Aevius Pro-Rambo Moderator

This is what I have found Koln fans have to say on Horn... lots of varying opinions here.

samshere likes this.
  8. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Poundland hydro

Lovely stuff.

9. Tom349

Tom349 Member

I think a signing like this comes down who is the next manager, if its someone like Simeone then he fits perfectly given he is a good shot stopper and can command the box. But if its someone like Sarri then he needs to be able to come off his line and be good with his feet which he isn't and as such he isn't a good fit.

10. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Don't know about the current crop of German goalies, seems a bit hit and miss. Of the ones that moved in recent years only Ter Stegen seems to do well, Karius and Trapp are very average.

Sven will hopefully know what to do.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  11. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

Horn is an Arsenal fan, right?

12. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I'll never understand why keepers just don't pick a random sequence and stick with it. Like right, right, left, right,left,left or anything else. The law of probability will ensure that you're right at least 33% of the time, assuming the options are hitting it right,left or center. Especially keepers like Cech or Horn who never get it right.

13. say yes

say yes To RonaldoMadness

Article from September on why he loves Arsenal & why he turned down Liverpool as a kid: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-reject-liverpool-manuel-neuer-a7942421.html

The good:
    The bad:
    The ugly:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Token Yank likes this.
  14. NieThePiet

Yep, said it before the match against Arsenal on their official homepage.

15. NieThePiet

Once linked with Arsenal and with a horrible performance today.

Better not watch the highlights from Cologne - Stuttgart.
    Never link again a player with Arsenal, they get worse.

16. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan

That's nicely put. Don't know what he was doing on that second goal...complete blackout. Looked terrible all game. Although I have to admit he's seldomly looked as bad as he did today.

I think Leno is the only guy with the potential to cut it at international top level right now in the Bundesliga.
    Zieler, Trapp, Karius have tried but failed. Still decent Bundesliga level, but no top club material. Would count Fahrmann and Horn in that same category, although there might be another level in both of them.

They all seem like those solid mid table GKs, who overall do a good job but are still always prone to costly mistakes, as well as heroics - the guys you know aren't good enough for a top club, but wish for when your club has a clown between posts.

dashsnow17 likes this.
  17. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

That's the feeling I get from Horn; appealing now, but not so appealing when he's actually in an Arsenal shirt. Most goalkeepers out there give me a similar feeling, while the ones who don't cost the GDP of a small country.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  18. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Would that be a good thing? I mean, I'm a fan and I wouldn't want to come here.

Toby Andrl and al-Ustaadh like this.
  19. NieThePiet

Leno has many errors and then some amazing saves.
    This goal against Wolfsburg you can save too. I would say even Fährmann is the better keeper in general.

20. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.