• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Holý

I wonder if anybody could post this on the rumours and transfer board.

Arsenal are reportedly taking a keen interest in the development of 15-year-old Czech starlet Tomas Holy.

The Hradec Kralove goalkeeper is highly-rated in his homeland and already stands at over two metres tall despite his young age.

News of Holy's ability has found its way to Arsène Wenger, and the Gunners boss is now reputedly keeping tabs on the keeper's progress.

Arsenal are well versed in recruiting the best teens from around the continent and have already raided Eastern Europe for a keeper by signing Wojciech Szczesny in the summer.

However, Holy is also on the North London club's agenda, according to his agent Pavel Zika.

"Despite being just 15, he is already two metres tall and Arsenal have already looked out for him," Zika told Idnes.

The Gunners already have both Vito Mannone and Lee Butcher in their youth goalkeeping ranks, with Jens Lehmann, Manuel Almunia and Mart Poom currently their three first team custodians.

<a class="postlink" href="http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=435135&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=3&title=Gunners+chasing+Czech+keeper" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... ech+keeper</a>

kooldawg

Established Member
goodness!!

Well well well, maybe Wenger wants the next Petr Cech :p

I wouldn't mind him in the squad.

Bobo D. Clown

GOODNESS!!!

Nowt more to say than that, more young-stars the better. If they're Cesc good they'll play right away, Clichy good then they'll get a chance and if they're Bentley good they can **** right off and be the big fish in a very small pond. Works out for everyone.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aged 15 but already 200cm tall? I begin to worry for the kid's development. Since the kid is only 15, chances are he will grow taller. Will his muscles, neurological development, and coordination catch up his height?

Jameel46

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Aged 15 but already 200cm tall? I begin to worry for the kid's development. Since the kid is only 15, chances are he will grow taller. Will his muscles, neurological development, and coordination catch up his height?

you're overthinking, he's 15, czech, and freakishly tall, sounds good :D ,on the down side he may have giantism :(

Biggus

Established Member
Well he would be one for the far future. If Jens retires next year we need a top class international keeper not more kids. Goalkeeper is a position that especially demands experiance.

Feis-al

I think this would be nice if we have some Czech gunners to brief us but I still believe the Russians have an ready solution for us in form of their CSKA Moscow. This kid has played at the top and he is just 19-20years

Jameel46

Established Member
Feis-al said:
I think this would be nice if we have some Czech gunners to brief us but I still believe the Russians have an ready solution for us in form of their CSKA Moscow. This kid has played at the top and he is just 19-20years

you're talking about Akinfeev, right? he's a good goalkeeper and wouldn't mind him at Arsenal but only 20, inexperienced GKs for the first team isn't really of Wenger's liking

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
But Akinfeev has played in the Champo League twice, won the UEFA Cup, won the Russian League and is a starter fro the Russian National team. I think he's qualified enough in experience terms.

asajoseph

Established Member
Just a reminder guys, when you post links for the Transfer Talk forum, please include the name of the player in the title of the post.

kooldawg

Established Member
I wouldn't be suprised, they cant really trust hilario in goal after those freak accidents to cech and Cudicini, not suprised that they'd want a capable youth keeper coming up the ranks in case of future emergencies.

Its interesting to see Wenger really stocking up on international talent, with the youth setup we're developing i can see us developing into an Ajax or Barcelona type of team with world class youth coming out of our academies. Definately vital to our future success.

Jameel46

Established Member
how old is that polish keeper that Arsenal signed? and is he any good? and does anyone know if Vito mannone is showing any glimpses of quality?
anyway seeing as both Chelsea and ourselves are chasing two different czech 15-year-old keepers i just hope we get the better one

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Jameel46 said:
tactica442 said:

you're overthinking, he's 15, czech, and freakishly tall, sounds good :D ,on the down side he may have giantism :(

Don't they usually die in their 30ths? so he has time for a career and goalie is not the most demanding on the body as far as cardio work (giants often have enlarged hearts)

M+D

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
how old is that polish keeper that Arsenal signed? and is he any good? and does anyone know if Vito mannone is showing any glimpses of quality?
anyway seeing as both Chelsea and ourselves are chasing two different czech 15-year-old keepers i just hope we get the better one

Wojiech Szeszney (Spelling?) is 16 years old I believe, and I also think that he is in Polands Under 21's team, but I'm not sure. http://www.arsenal.com/player.asp?thisN ... 6&cpid=825
Vito Mannone was extremely highly rated, but the bits i have seen when he has played for Barnsley this season was shaky to say the least. But then, he is only 18, and it is the hardest position for young players IMO.
Lee Butcher is also reputed to be the next David Seaman, and probably has an exciting future ahead of him.

Linson

I live in Huddersfield which is right next to Barnsley and many of the fans don't like our poor Mannone already because he's made some errors which have cost them dearly (ie punching the ball to the feet of a striker who gladly scored and won the game for them).
As for Butcher I didnt realise that he is supposed to be the next David Seaman, I think this may have arisen from the fact that he has openly stated that he idolises Seaman. He won Goalkeeper of the tournament in some French youth tournament by the way, dont know the name of the competition though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom