• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Re: Rosicky to Villa?

If we sell him I have said it already earlier in this topic, a good player like him we must keep him at all costs.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

We don't need the money, season is long and we're involved in all fronts right now. I rather keep him than ship him off so Hill-Wood and boys could pat themselves on the back and go about looking for the combination of that good ol' dusty vault.

The Escaped Ape

Actually the vault is polished and shiny. It's the chequebook that's covered in dust from not having been used for so long.

otfgoon

Established Member

NIPOLOPO said:
We don't need the money, season is long and we're involved in all fronts right now. I rather keep him than ship him off so Hill-Wood and boys could pat themselves on the back and go about looking for the combination of that good ol' dusty vault.

Completely agree.

He may not be very good but considering the role he plays for the side we're not going to get anyone better who's willing to play such a limited role.

HollandGooner

Established Member

We should take a similair approach to United, they have expierenced players all over the pitch and while they are average this season they are still expierenced enough to deal with those players, they have the perfect combination between young and old, we should take an example of that.

How average their squad is and looks like our squad can be superior to every EPL team but we must keep this squad together

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

I agree that if Rosicky is willing to play a bit part role then keep him by all means but the likes of Wilshere, Diaby, Ramsey and Song have to be there before him. In certain games Rosickys experience and ability to keep the ball moving could be invaluable.

Anzac

Established Member

Don't forget that AW's +30 policy is ALSO to give players a chance for that last decent contract paycheck = he will sell both Rosicky & AA & the recent contract extension are all about tranfer & signing on fees.

spartandre217

Established Member

Anzac said:
Don't forget that AW's +30 policy is ALSO to give players a chance for that last decent contract paycheck = he will sell both Rosicky & AA & the recent contract extension are all about tranfer & signing on fees.

An often overlooked part of his policy... the players themselves will benefit massively from those same sales and we get to blood younger, cheaper and sometimes better players.

The Escaped Ape

Can't see Rosicky leaving this window when he's been lying in bed for most of it. It's obviously not as bad as a serious injury, but I assume it will put off clubs. This summer will be when he goes if he does.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

GDeep said:
One of the players who I don't mind being moved on, the others being Almunia, Eboue, Diaby and Arshavin Oh, and Denilson. 7M is a bomb for Rosicky though, believe it when I see it.

Fixed for you right quick :wink:

TomasCR

Established Member

TomasCR said:
He won't go to any other club in England but rumours in our papers inform about a very concrete (and good) offer that has been already made by one of the Turkish teams (most likely Galatasaray) and his agent confirmed that it's on the table at the moment and will be discussed in the next months.

That said, it'll depend on how much he will play until the end of the season but since we're going into a period when every single game is important and Wenger will rely mainly on the proven players, we might enjoy the couple of games Rosicky will get because it might as well be his last ones. Come on Tommy show them what you're all about!
Nobody is talking about him leaving now, can't read you!

qs

Established Member

Whats the point in keeping a back up player who can't even impose himself against championship and league one sides. He's just not good enough and it seems is hearts not really in it any more either. If we could get anything from his sale it'd be good business.Diaby, Ramsey or Lansbury all offer more at this stage.

TomasCR

Established Member

I think you've been too harsh with him lately qs, he is no longer a part of the firts eleven in important games but is still a solid back-up when needed. After all, the ratings from yesterday's game don't exactly tell he was one of the worse players either. Agree that when Ramsey completes his comeback and will be as good as he used to be, Rosicky can move on but it'll be no sooner than in the summer. Not great but not bad as you make him out to be, a typical bench player at the moment he's.

HollandGooner

Established Member

qs said:
Whats the point in keeping a back up player who can't even impose himself against championship and league one sides. He's just not good enough and it seems is hearts not really in it any more either. If we could get anything from his sale it'd be good business.Diaby, Ramsey or Lansbury all offer more at this stage.

Lansbury and Diaby you are having a big laugh

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i dont scoff at that statement..

both Lansbury and Diaby have scored more goals for Arsenal in the past year than Rosicky has.. both are younger, stronger and while I think Diaby is a bit of a crock, he certainly has his moments when he looks brilliant, and I think Lansbury could have a squad future with us (i.e. Parlour)

Rosicky has pretty much been pants for us since getting injured.. he's offered us just about nothing in games.. no goals, no assists, not real drive.. he bounces around a lot, gets fouled a lot, shoots wide a lot..

i really fail to see the point of Rozza at this point in time in our team

HollandGooner

Established Member

Rosicky is a quality player its a shame that many of us here dont see it

Herbas

If he could stay on feet instead of being brought down after his nice spins, then he would be much more dangerous. However, although he wins us quite a lot of freekicks, they are not much of use to us.

qs

Established Member

The thing about Diaby and Lansbury is that while they may not have the natural talent of Rosicky they both have more energy and from the looks of it drive. Rosicky looks to me like a man who needs a new start, he knows he's never getting back into our first team.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

he USED to be a quality player.. i've failed to see what he brings to our current team for quite some time now.. maybe back when we had Cesc, Hleb, rozza and Flamini as a midfield, he was decent, but since then (and obviously after his injury), he's been nothing short of invisible

i've see Rosicky at his best (in Germany and with the Czech team) and he is about 50% of that player now..

HollandGooner

Established Member

He still offers our team alot more then Diaby does slowing our game down Rosicky gives us speed and tempo in our game and is a very good creative player and passer off te ball good movement good final third, quality player,

Top Bottom