• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: Rosicky to Villa?

you are quite entitled to your opinion. i just think he offers virtually none of what you mentioned except he runs around a lot (i guess that could be considered tempo?).. he isnt creative for sh*t these days, his movement is OK, but nothing special, and he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn with his shooting

Diaby frustrates the hell out of me, but i just think Rosicky currently offers so very little we arent getting elsewhere.. even my wife asks me what his purpose is on the pitch

that said, i hope he can prove me wrong

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

People needs to judge him the whole 90 minutes, he hasnt been that great but when he is on the pitch we play much better football and we have a much better posessional game. (I still think he is a very value player, and a very good one.)

Humble Rex

Established Member

I like Rosicky a lot and I certainly have a lot of time for him. To say he lacks vision is not fair IMO. Had a great couple of through balls the other day again.

He does look extremely low on confidence though every time he gets close to goal, and how on earth can you forget how to kick a football properly?! He used to have a wonderful, clean strike on the ball. Not so much any more!

outlaw_member

Established Member

Rosicky's vision has been excellent, at times. He's more likely to play incisive passes than say Wilshere or Nasri. The problem recently has been that he drifts in and out of games, and can have long periods of inertia.

Illusion

Established Member

Arsegum said:
I thought he once said he owes us the amount of time we invested/kept faith in him and he just recently signed a new contract to repay us.

We started to play him more recently anyway.

I owe Arsenal 10 years as a first team player, where's my lucrative multi-million pound contract? :(

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member

Rosicky is a reliable player. His technique is impressive but injuries are the only main problem for him. Until we buy another player that can replace him and he stays injury free, I don't think he's going anywhere soon. Could be here a long time.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

outlaw_member said:
Rosicky's vision has been excellent, at times.

Agree. While i can see why Rosicky is wanted out by some posters, i don't think its fair to say he has contributed nothing. He has set up a few chances lately, he set up goalscoring chances v Wigan (great long range pass) iirc, another v Huddersfield.

I'd like to see him in a full strength side before i write him off completely. Offers more than Denilson anyway.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Every time he's played this season, barring the first few games when he was covering for Cesc, he's been thrust in with the likes of Denilson and Eastmond in midfield. He still has a lot of creative quality, but he tries to force it sometimes - and it looks particularly bad if others are not on his wavelength.

The Escaped Ape

His preseason was promising, but then he was generally starting then, and alongside decent players. I'd want to give him more time in some of the lower pressure matches and the chance to build up a bit of game readiness before writing him off.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard

His pass yesterday to Fabregas damn it was a great vision

mistaT

Established Member

He's been let down not so much by his lack of goals but by others finishing.

Honestly, his style of play favors dictating play, spreading the ball, controlling the tempo etc...in the mold of Fabregas. I can think of a number of breakaways he's created with magnificent vision (and the side of his foot) that haven't been finished (Cesc vs. Everton, Arshavin a few times, etc).

Keep him around as a bit player, but don't let him stand in the way of Ramby or Jack please.

The Sleeper

If Cesc wasn't playing and Wenger instructed his team to take the lead from Rosicky on how to play, the tempo, etc, we would see his quality shine more. Like Big Poppa said, if the others aren't on his wavelength then he looks mediocre.

I remember a game early in the season (I've forgotten the opposition), when the team took its lead from him and he was outstanding. He kept finding Walcott too, feeding him lovely through balls.

So, that's the thing, when you take away his main playmaker/tempo-setter role, he's not as good unfortunately. If Cesc were to get injured for a long stretch, we'd see a revival from him I'm sure.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

Rosicky's problem wasn't not "taking the lead".. he did nothing but foul, couldnt control a ball and failed to clear the ball on about 5 occasions (and he gave up the second penalty)

that's not due to his role on the pitch

P_Gunner

The Sleeper said:
If Cesc wasn't playing and Wenger instructed his team to take the lead from Rosicky on how to play, the tempo, etc, we would see his quality shine more. Like Big Poppa said, if the others aren't on his wavelength then he looks mediocre.

So, that's the thing, when you take away his main playmaker/tempo-setter role, he's not as good unfortunately. If Cesc were to get injured for a long stretch, we'd see a revival from him I'm sure.

Think you need to get your glasses checked mate.

Rorz

Established Member

Rosicky needs game time to get back into the swing of things, his performances have been poor and he seems unsettled. Unfortunately for him he's not getting in the first team any time soon, so I don't see how he'll ever get back into good form. He's lacking some confidence too I think, a couple of solid performances and we might see a different player. Certainly wouldn't be against moving him on in the summer though provided we get a good replacement.

qs

Established Member

The Sleeper said:

I remember a game early in the season (I've forgotten the opposition), when the team took its lead from him and he was outstanding. He kept finding Walcott too, feeding him lovely through balls.

He's been played in Cescs role plenty recently and he's been terrible. He's played out wide too and been equally terrible.

Kain

Established Member

Rorz said:
Rosicky needs game time to get back into the swing of things, his performances have been poor and he seems unsettled. Unfortunately for him he's not getting in the first team any time soon, so I don't see how he'll ever get back into good form. He's lacking some confidence too I think, a couple of solid performances and we might see a different player. Certainly wouldn't be against moving him on in the summer though provided we get a good replacement.

I was glad when he resigned even after the seemingly endless injury saga, but it was with the hope he could recapture some of the better form of his earlier seasons here.

…& yet as anyone can see if you check the official site on the stats section it has Rosicky listed down with 15 starts & a further 12 as substitute...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/first-team-stats?season=2010-2011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/first ... =2010-2011</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This means he has participated in well over half our games this season with very, very little to show for it and the good form he showed in the past still evading him.

If you actually add up all the appearances on previous pages or check Rosicky’s Wikipedia page it has him listed as playing 121 games in five seasons including this one now missing the entire 08-09 campaign, that’s averaging 24 games a season, it was a stick used to beat RVP with also yet he had some heavy stats to back him.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom