• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

-Shaun-

Rosický off?

There have been quite a lot of rumours about him moving to Galatasaray today. Not too sure whether there is any truth in this one or not.

Your thoughts?

Bossa

Established Member
Re: Rosický off?

<a class="postlink" href="http://goonertalk.com/2010/08/04/galatasaray-eye-rosicky-acquisition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goonertalk.com/2010/08/04/galata ... quisition/</a>

Turkish media reporting it. I heard they offered 5m but Wenger wants more. I wouldnt mind swapping him with Elano.

qs

Established Member

I wouldn't mind him going, especially if it means more playing time for Jack.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

qs said:
I wouldn't mind him going, especially if it means more playing time for Jack.
I wouldn't mind Fabregas and Song going either, more playing time for Frimpong and Ramsy. Dimwit also needs a few games too, TV surely will fetch for handsome amount.

qs

Established Member

Except Vermaelen, Fabregas and Song are good. Rosicky isn't. He's also a crock and a complete waste of time and money. But please feel free to make stupid comparisons with players who are completely irrelevant to the discussion.

arsenallegends

Established Member

5 Million for Rosicky is slightly low in my estimation even though he's a crock. BTW the average age of our midfield would drop from approx. 24 to 21 :lol:

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nah , we can't let him go -w'ell be short of numbers . No way Wilshere can play that many games . He isn't ready .

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

qs said:
Except Vermaelen, Fabregas and Song are good. Rosicky isn't. He's also a crock and a complete waste of time and money. But please feel free to make stupid comparisons with players who are completely irrelevant to the discussion.
The comparison I made wasn't irrelevant. on the other hand suggesting selling Rosicky for the sake of giving Jack more game time is absolutely preposterous and senile. the lad isn't ready and we all know Wenger ain't going to buy a new CM/AM to replace Rosicky with.
At this club we tend to take five step backward then two step forward and end up at minus three every summer. Apparently half the supporters are benign to Arsène's thinking.

Zico

Established Member

Fark me. Somebody is willing to pay for Rosicky. Get as much as you can out of them and ship him out. Honestly. The guy is just limiting our financial flexibility. He offers next to nothing. We were all excited when he came, but now there's nothing there

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

Zico said:
Fark me. Somebody is willing to pay for Rosicky. Get as much as you can out of them and ship him out. Honestly. The guy is just limiting our financial flexibility. He offers next to nothing. We were all excited when he came, but now there's nothing there
:lol: Don't worry, Arsène doesn't need Rosicky for that; he does that all by himself .

kamikaze80

Established Member

i'd sell him for whatever their next offer is. just getting his wages off our books would be great. not that he's ever available, but i dont think we even need him for depth when we have arshavin, walcott, bendtner, nasri, wilshere, fabregas, diaby, denilson, vela and later, ramsey.

P_Gunner

NIPOLOPO said:
qs said:
The comparison I made wasn't irrelevant. on the other hand suggesting selling Rosicky for the sake of giving Jack more game time is absolutely preposterous and senile. the lad isn't ready and we all know Wenger ain't going to buy a new CM/AM to replace Rosicky with.
At this club we tend to take five step backward then two step forward and end up at minus three every summer. Apparently half the supporters are benign to Arsène's thinking.

Except Jack had a better season than Rosicky last year and had a better pre season as well. The only reason people think Wilshere isn't ready is because of his age. He's more ready than Rosicky is, I'll tell you that. He's not injured half as much either.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Eh, I certainly do want more game time for Wilshere but I don't see why that means Rosicky has to go; I for one prefer Rosicky in the box-to-box role than Denilson and Diaby. Rosicky can also cover for our flanks, he's a valuable squad player to have and I can't see us gaining anything from letting him go.

P_Gunner

scytheavatar said:
Eh, I certainly do want more game time for Wilshere but I don't see why that means Rosicky has to go; I for one prefer Rosicky in the box-to-box role than Denilson and Diaby. Rosicky can also cover for our flanks, he's a valuable squad player to have and I can't see us gaining anything from letting him go.

Agree with that. No need to let him go unless we're bringing someone in to replace him - which I don't see happening. Selling him will make us marginally weaker - which we really don't need right now.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

scytheavatar said:
I concur.

Rohit

Established Member

We could give Jack more playing time even with Rosicky here. Unless we are replacing him i don't want him gone. I feel he will be useful this season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup pretty useful as a squad player as he can play different positions .

Top Bottom