• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

viper_001

Established Member
Re: Rosický off?

Let's hope this doesn't happen. Like it or not, the club with the most squad depth tends to do far better in the business end of the season. If Wenger is going to sign a direct replacement like Elano or Honda, then all would be well.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Bossa said:
http://goonertalk.com/2010/08/04/galatasaray-eye-rosicky-acquisition/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turkish media reporting it. I heard they offered 5m but Wenger wants more. I wouldnt mind swapping him with Elano.

That's a nice wish, but I bet Galata won't not swap one of the best Brazil performers at WC with a proven injury crook.

Kraig

Established Member

Ok, rosicky didn't have a great season but to imply he's a criminal seems harsh...

number_0

Established Member

How many top class midfielders has rosicky stopped us from getting since he came here, I can name ribery of the top of my head.

Would be ironic if he left and we don't get a replacement.

Raider

Established Member

He's a good squad player when fit, wouldn't mind either way. Stay or go, I can see positives from both.

Anzac

Established Member

AW will let him go if he gets a reasonable price - Ramsey will replace him.

DK Gooner

I'd rather he stay. He has looked bright in pre-season and 2009/10 was his 1st full campaign back after a lengthy spell out. I'm willing to keep him as I think we need the strength in depth at squad level and he has been more positive in contribution than others who have maintained positions in the team. He needs to work on his finishing again, but overall he is approaching the level we would like from him after so long out.

As for restricting the chances of Jack et al, they need to work to ensure that they marginalise Rosicky on merit. At the moment, Rosicky is still a more consistent performer than Nasri, Diaby, Denilson and Eboue who have all been used in the central 3. I don't think Rosicky is effective in a front 3 any more though that can change, but he offers a more disciplined and eager defensive presence in CM compared to the others. Suggestions of swapping for Elano are far fetched as if Rosicky were to go, I would rather have a dedicated CM with some defensive discipline than another attacking midfielder.

All in all I'm willing to give him a chance much as people gave with Eduardo after so long out. Obviously the circumstances were far more brutal in the latter's case, but both put in the effort to make the come back and deserve some slack. Eddie's now gone to pasture's new but Rosicky can still contribute and let's hope he can extend his good form from pre-season into this coming campaign. With so much change and uncertainty in the squad this season, it would be unwise to dispense with one of our more experienced heads IMO.

hesham

Established Member

Replace him - yes (pref with a winger)
sell him and get no one in return - no thanks.
Rosicky can still offer a lot to the squad

Bossa

Established Member

Wilshere has taken over his spot. I cant see Thomas ahead of him. It would be nice if we use some of the money for a new DM. Frimpong is nowhere near ready. We already have AM's in abundance.

graham_ka

Established Member

Senior player

Won't be replaced if sold (money in bank is useless to me)

Has a season under his belt, after being a year away from the competition

Good/close friend to Cesc

Versatile/Squad Depth

He looks extremely fit this pre-season and much more mobile and an extra bounce to his step compared to last season

= he is staying

flobaba

If we let him go, then what was the point in renewing his contract in the first place? I'd rather he stayed.

otfgoon

Established Member

Can't understand why so many are keen on selling him. It's one thing if we knew Özil (guess Hazard isn't flavour of the month anymore?) was coming in but we don't. There is no point losing a senior player who gives us much needed depth up going forward. He had a poor first year after two years out, but now has a full season and a promising pre-season behind him. We gain nothing by selling and lose potentialy a lot.

graham_ka

Established Member

nidza7 said:
because he`s crock and it`s better happen to fener or whoever
5-10 million sitting in the bank = a fkn crock. may as well keep cesc happy and have Rosicky at least on plane rides and in the locker room, whether he is fit or not.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom