• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Re: Rosický off?

Rosicky is a quality squad option. The onl conditions I would advocate a sale is 1. If Rosicky is going to be used next season in the wide forward position 2. We replace Rosicky with an experienced defensively minded midfielder.

1 is possible, 2 is improbable! so for me he stays!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

If we are replacing him with any of Hazard, Giovinco, Pjanic, Honda then it makes alot of sense discarding him.

Otherwise for 5-10m, might as well keep him.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot

I would say no unless we buy a proper replacement...

He is a good squad player with a lot of experience.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

truth_hurts said:
Rosicky is a quality squad option. The onl conditions I would advocate a sale is 1. If Rosicky is going to be used next season in the wide forward position 2. We replace Rosicky with an experienced defensively minded midfielder.

Agree with that.

number_0 said:
How many top class midfielders has rosicky stopped us from getting since he came here, I can name ribery of the top of my head.

None - Rosicky doesn't have any say in transfer dealings as far as I know.

stuart

Established Member

In an ideal world we'd sell him and replace him with some real quality, but we all know thats not going to happen. Sure he's a crock but if Wilshere and Nasri, for example, get injured, then we're in a bit of trouble. Keep.

qs

Established Member

P_Gunner said:
NIPOLOPO said:
qs said:
Except Vermaelen, Fabregas and Song are good. Rosicky isn't. He's also a crock and a complete waste of time and money. But please feel free to make stupid comparisons with players who are completely irrelevant to the discussion.
The comparison I made wasn't irrelevant. on the other hand suggesting selling Rosicky for the sake of giving Jack more game time is absolutely preposterous and senile. the lad isn't ready and we all know Wenger ain't going to buy a new CM/AM to replace Rosicky with.
At this club we tend to take five step backward then two step forward and end up at minus three every summer. Apparently half the supporters are benign to Arsène's thinking.

Except Jack had a better season than Rosicky last year and had a better pre season as well. The only reason people think Wilshere isn't ready is because of his age. He's more ready than Rosicky is, I'll tell you that. He's not injured half as much either.

Spot on, some people are too caught up in reputations. Its 2010 not 2008. Rosicky just isn't much of a player. He offers so little yet costs us so much.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

qs said:
Spot on, some people are too caught up in reputations. Its 2010 not 2008. Rosicky just isn't much of a player. He offers so little yet costs us so much.
Some people are indeed caught up in reputations; Arsène Wenger's reputation that is.

Timleaf

Established Member

NIPOLOPO said:
qs said:
Some people are indeed caught up in reputations; Arsène Wenger's reputation that is.

What? Any relevance to the thread whatsoever, or just another chance for a little, girly moan?

qs

Established Member

NIPOLOPO said:
qs said:

Its Wenger who has Rosicky at the club. You are the one agreeing with that. Seems like you're the one who's bought into Wengers thinking here.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

Timleaf said:
NIPOLOPO said:
qs said:

What? Any relevance to the thread whatsoever, or just another chance for a little, girly moan?
How's that not relevant to the thread? I'm not the one insinuating selling a squad player just so Jack could get more playing time. We all know if Wenger get rid of Rosicky he'll replace him with ****all.

Some people are so caught up in this youth policy crap that they have completely forgotten that you need as many squad players as possible if you seriously want to mount a challenge in all competitions and win something other than champions league qualification cup.

Burnwinter

Established Member

Rosicky is at least a decent squad option, with the added benefit that his previous injury woes leave him in debt to Arsenal and unlikely to cause problems if he's mainly left to ride the bench.

There aren't a huge number of players of his age, quality and experience who are willing to take on bit parts.

qs

Established Member

Rosickys experience seemed to count for **** all last season Burn. In the run in when you are most reliant on your experienced players to lead by example he was found wanting and showed less maturity and fight than many of the young players.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

I think Rosicky will have a good season. Finished last season badly but other than that I thought he proved more than useful. I'm suprised by how poorly he's rated on here to be honest.

Wenger14

Established Member

Hope this doesn't happen, we need to keep every outfield player we have right now and add to it, not subtract cause there's no way we'll replace anyone leaving at this stage. It's not a question of either/or we need both Tomas and Jack and with our injury record they'll get plenty of playing time.

Timleaf

Established Member

NIPOLOPO said:
Timleaf said:
NIPOLOPO said:

How's that not relevant to the thread? I'm not the one insinuating selling a squad player just so Jack could get more playing time. We all know if Wenger get rid of Rosicky he'll replace him with ****all.

Some people are so caught up in this youth policy crap that they have completely forgotten that you need as many squad players as possible if you seriously want to mount a challenge in all competitions and win something other than champions league qualification cup.

Ok, so; we should sell Rosicky because Jack is ready to take his place = being caught up in Arsène Wenger's reputation...? In what sense exactly?

qs

Established Member

Wenger14 said:
Hope this doesn't happen, we need to keep every outfield player we have right now and add to it, not subtract cause there's no way we'll replace anyone leaving at this stage. It's not a question of either/or we need both Tomas and Jack and with our injury record they'll get plenty of playing time.

But our injury record is because of guys like Rosicky.

NIPOLOPO

Established Member

Timleaf said:
NIPOLOPO said:
Timleaf said:

Ok, so; we should sell Rosicky because Jack is ready to take his place = being caught up in Arsène Wenger's reputation...? In what sense exactly?
Apparently some people can't grasp the concept of squad depth anymore. you don't have to throw a charade, when you have already brainwashed the faithfuls.

Wenger14

Established Member

qs said:
Wenger14 said:

But our injury record is because of guys like Rosicky.
Not just him, which is why we need as many bodies as we can. Jack + Tomas in the squad is better than just Jack. There's not a chance that Wenger will replace Tomas if he sells him. We're still biting our nails on crucial signings at the back.

CandysRoom

Established Member

Burnwinter said:
Rosicky is at least a decent squad option, with the added benefit that his previous injury woes leave him in debt to Arsenal and unlikely to cause problems if he's mainly left to ride the bench.

There aren't a huge number of players of his age, quality and experience who are willing to take on bit parts.

Agree with this completely.

United won so much because of players who would happily walk into most teams first 11, happy to play a squad role.

Burnwinter

Established Member

qs said:
Rosickys experience seemed to count for **** all last season Burn. In the run in when you are most reliant on your experienced players to lead by example he was found wanting and showed less maturity and fight than many of the young players.
Rosicky had one or two decent performances in the latter half of last season, but his form was poor. Pretty terrible whenever he had a crack on goal or went for a raking longer pass, but I felt you could still see the essential intelligence of his play.

His motivation might suffer a fraction due to his lack of responsibility compared to earlier days before his injury trouble, or even before Arsenal. He's far from a pivotal figure now.

Is Wilshere the alternative? I doubt Wenger will see it that way myself. I think Jack still needs to mature - I think it's been plain from the two preseason performances I've watched end to end anyway. Has a brain like a supercomputer though.

Can't see the harm in having them both on hand and playing whoever seems to offer more under the circumstances.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom