• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

lagos

Established Member
Re: Rosický off?

qs said:
I wouldn't mind him going, especially if it means more playing time for Jack.

I believe Jack should earn his place by merit and not have it handed to him. At the moment, I would only favour selling Rosicky if an experienced alternative is brought in.

qs

Established Member

lagos said:
qs said:
I wouldn't mind him going, especially if it means more playing time for Jack.

I believe Jack should earn his place by merit and not have it handed to him. At the moment, I would only favour selling Rosicky if an experienced alternative is brought in.

I believe Rosicky should already have lost his place on merit and that Jack already offers more to the team.

lagos

Established Member

well I don't see why we can't have both for another year and let them slug it out especially considering Ramsey is effectively out for the season.

Zico

Established Member

I'm all for a policy of slowly replacing defective parts. We shook Eduardo and brought in Chamakh. Let's shake Rosicky and bring in even that Atomic Ant fellow. Rosicky is largely inert, and that's when he does make it out onto the field. Next year, we can shake Robin too if he doesn't get over his injuries. Walcott too. It doesn't make sense to carry 4 injury prone attackers when you can carry 3 healthy ones for the same salary expense.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

qs said:
lagos said:

I believe Rosicky should already have lost his place on merit and that Jack already offers more to the team.

Based on what... performances for Bolton?

Timleaf

Established Member

From the Barcelona first leg onwards I thought Diaby and Rosicky were the worst two players at the club. On that basis alone I'd like to see someone else given a few opportunities ahead of him.

viper_001

Established Member

Wenger is looking for a CB and GK. Do we really want to add winger to the list with a month left of the transfer window? Rosicky was injured for 2 years, and needed a season to rehabilitate and get back on track. He looks much fitter now and deserves a chance. Wilshere is only 18 and should be brought into the starting 11 slowly.

fabo

6.51 / 10

If we had bought Joe Cole, this deal would have made perfect sense.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Our squad is delicate and precious as it is, no players should be leaving without replacements coming in.

P_Gunner

Armor for Sleep said:
qs said:
lagos said:

Based on what... performances for Bolton?

You don't think that if you rip apart teams like United and Sp**s while at Bolton then you can do it while at Arsenal?

Its not just Bolton though, its also Atletico, Rangers, Celtic and AC Milan.

ricky1985

Established Member

Can't see this happening, but I think it would definitely be a good move for him. He's not going to get the game time he wants at Arsenal.

In theory he should be a good squad player, but when it really comes down to it and we need his quality and experience, too often he's been found wanting. I still can't believe how unbelievably crap he was at the Camp Nou. He was one of the few players in the team that night who had the needed experience to handle an occasion like that, and he let himself down badly.

Bit of an Almunia at Birmingham moment for me; I can't seem to forgive or forget it.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

Ripped apart? I thought he just did well and showed glimpses of his obvious quality. I don't think he played at a level that instantly commands a major role for us.

As for the pre season games, he performed similarly last year and was found wanting when thrust into the first team. I certainly wouldn't be putting Wilshere above Rosicky in the pecking order straight away. Give him time, see can he produce enough when he gets his chance and if he does well by all means give him a bigger role.

At this point in time though Wilshere hasn't really done anything in an Arsenal shirt to earn anything other than a bit part role for starters.

P_Gunner

He played at a level that Rosicky has been struggling to reach since 2008. He's above him in my books.

number_0

Established Member

7th player we will lose this window and no sign of replacing him.

No matter how you look at it, thats not a good thing.

Don Pacifico

Established Member

Now that we've sold Eduardo, I'm happy to have him as a squad player, particularly as he looked really bright in the first three pre-season games (I missed the Emo Cup unfortunately). Think he'd be a better option in the middle of the park than either Denilson or Diaby and could player that support role well, linking Song and Fabregas; he has a good passing range and his defensive commitment is much underrated.

Top Bottom