• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

Y va marquer

Established Member
Re: Rosický off?

Agreed Tomas CR, there would be little point in getting rid of him now when it seems as if he's finally regained some form.

He was far from impressive last season so that should serve as incentive for him to prove his worth to the squad this season.

Hopefully he'll stay fit and score some scorching goals along the way.
:)

MAK 14

Established Member

I agree with Mo. The more options we have during the season the more chance we have of having a good season. I'm happy for Rosicky to be a squad player; providing that is all he is.

Anzac

Established Member

Lukazan said:
I highly doubt Rosicky is going anywhere. I think Wenger is giving him one more season. If he can't stay fit, or is as awful as he was last season, he'll probably be moved on next Summer.

IMO we'll see at least 3 players depart next summer - Rosicky & AA (based upon age), and Cesc.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Rozza was one of our better players during this Pre-Season and his experience could be vital for us over this season.

No reason to sell him, even now after it seems that he'd finally picked himself up.

GOONER1991

Established Member

Rosicky was once my favourite Arsenal player, however since his injury he's sadly not been the same. I don't see him bringing anything to the table that Nasri doesn't. He provides us with a nice flick, or turn here or there, but he's lost that yard of pace, he's lost some of his shooting ability and I grow tired of him hitting the ball with the outside of his right foot, when a pass with his left would be more accurate.

If he stays he's a decent, experienced back-up, but I'd like him to leave, get us some money, that we can put towards reinforcing other areas.

Rorz

Established Member

Anzac said:
Lukazan said:
IMO we'll see at least 3 players depart next summer - Rosicky & AA (based upon age), and Cesc.

I don't care how old Arshavin will be next summer - if Cesc goes he must stay.

As for Rosicky, I want him to stay, he gives us a little more depth and experience that would not be replaced if he were sold.

Timleaf

Established Member

Rorz said:
Anzac said:
Lukazan said:

As Arseblogger said;

"I'm not going to start worrying about next summer already. To me that is the most sinister, self-harming form of masochism I can think of."

kamikaze80

Established Member

lol at the people who think rosicky is any good, first of all. someone look up the numbers - our goal differential when he's on the pitch is terrible. the guy does no defending whatsoever and only superficially looks good because he's quick and passes a lot.

as for keeping him for depth, the whole reason we need so much depth is because of constant injury crocks like him! anytime we can get rid of two passengers and replace with one match-winner, we should.

Anzac

Established Member

Rorz said:
Anzac said:
Lukazan said:

As for Rosicky, I want him to stay, he gives us a little more depth and experience that would not be replaced if he were sold.

It's simple then - AW must go as he only does 1 year deals for mids & forwards aged 30 & over. He did it to BOTH Pires & DB10, who have achieved more at this club than Rosicky, AA & Cesc combined, and I still rate those 2 higher than any of the current squad.

goonerleila

Established Member

Why get rid of Rosicky when there are no indications that Wenger would replace him with an experienced player but rather another youngster? We often complain about the lack of squad depth and then want to sell one of our experienced players, so I don't get the logic there. If there was a chance that Wenger would replace him properly then I wouldn't be against that idea but I seriously doubt that. Furthermore we have more pressing matters to deal with such as a new CB and GK. If in January Rosicky's form stagnates and doesnt look to improve then we can look to ship him out but for now I'd rather we kept him.

kamikaze80

Established Member

TomasCR said:
I thought you used to rate him Kam?
he was very good in 07-08 but since returning from injury, he's been abysmal. you can't say we'll miss rosicky when he's contributed nothing the last two years and is never availabale, anyway.

Özil may be affordable because he only has one year remaining on his contract. we know fabregas is leaving next summer. this seems very simple to me.

arshavin, Özil, nasri, walcott, ramsey, wilshere, diaby for the four starting advanced CM and wide positions is a good group. we're not going to find a single player of fabregas' quality, so we have to make sure we are very solid all over in attack to compensate.

kamikaze80

Established Member

goonerleila said:
Why get rid of Rosicky when there are no indications that Wenger would replace him with an experienced player but rather another youngster?
then why continue to have wenger as manager? we're not good enough WITH fabregas, and we know fabregas is leaving next summer. we'll never be good enough.

TheEconomist

Established Member

keep him, if anything for the experience

i seriously hate the way we just throw out players who are approaching 30/ 30+

footballers are people, not robots who stop working at 30. Theres a reason Uniteds success is linked so closely to players like scholes and giggs

True Gooner

Established Member

As a squad player I don't really have anything against keeping him in the squad until a suitable replacement makes himself available. For instance, if we'd signed J.Cole I expect Rosicky may have been out by now. Even the improvement of Wilshere will pushing Rosicky for a place in the squad and that's okay by me.

And I don't think it's beyond comprehension that he could regain some of his past form. I thought he was fairly decent when he returned last season for the first 10 games or so but he did go badly wrong in the last few months and that could just as easily be explained away because he's not played football regularly for the past two years.

number_0

Established Member

Next summer looks very bleak.

We are set to lose rosicky, arshavin and fabregas, and probably a few more.

As it is we need 3 players, and losing 3 more important players.

I am not looking forward to it one bit.

Shue

Established Member

number_0 said:
Next summer looks very bleak.

We are set to lose rosicky, arshavin and fabregas, and probably a few more.

As it is we need 3 players, and losing 3 more important players.

I am not looking forward to it one bit.
Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Frimpong, Eastmond, etc

Not too worried.

qs

Established Member

Where's all this "we're set to lose Arshavin" rubbish coming from. Please keep your imaginations in check.

kamikaze80

Established Member

how do you provide experience and squad depth from the treatment table? and have you actually watched him play? he provides nothing. meanwhile, we're going to let Özil go for <15m euro.

True Gooner

Established Member

kamikaze80 said:
how do you provide experience and squad depth from the treatment table? and have you actually watched him play? he provides nothing. meanwhile, we're going to let Özil go for <15m euro.

Rosicky's injury problems stemmed from the same injury that remained untreated for years. After his operation and all it's complications resolved itself last season he played far more games than the majority on this forum expected and was an unused substitute for even more games.

It's more than reasonable to suggest Rosicky as an experienced squad player and therefore comparing him to Özil is disingenuous given their expectations and role in the team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom