• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický (Out)

Shue

Established Member
Re: Rosický off?

33 appearances last season, including 20 starts, that's a pretty solid showing.

Rohit

Established Member

True Gooner said:
It's more than reasonable to suggest Rosicky as an experienced squad player.

I don't think there is even an arguement.

Rosicky when he came and arguably till last season was considered a starter and this is where the problem was.

This season he will be an option on the bench and frankly in my opinion is a bench option a number of teams will crave for.

Humble Rex

Established Member

Rosicky has, for me, been one of our better players in pre-season. I predict that Rosicky will start plenty of games for us and be first choice before the end of the season.

Quality player, and I can´t believe quite how many persons on this forum who want him to leave.

ricky1985

Established Member
Rosicky to Villa?

Aston Villa boss Houllier keen on Arsenal midfielder Tomas Rosicky
Tomas Rosicky is at the top of Gerard Houllier's January wish-list.
The Arsenal midfielder, 30, was a target for Houllier at Liverpool and may be set to follow Robert Pires to Villa Park after his agent was spotted at Aston Villa's training ground this week.

The Czech playmaker is known to be unhappy with the amount of game time he receives at Arsenal.
Since arriving from Borussia Dortmund four years ago, he has struggled with injuries and has only completed 90 minutes 23 times.
Houllier is also interested in West Ham's Frederic Piquionne.
Would be very surprised to see anything happen in January, but maybe not so shocked if Tomas was to move on at the end of the season. After missing so much football, he's probably desperate to play as often as he can in his remaining years, he won't ever get that kind of regularity at Arsenal. If Houllier is trying to bring a more technical, cerebral edge to Villa's team, then Rosicky would prove an excellent signing for them.

Wonder if Stevo can tell us whether Villa's interest is legit? Does that General Krulak still post on the Villa forums?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Re: Rosicky to Villa?

ricky1985 said:
The Czech playmaker is known to be unhappy with the amount of game time he receives at Arsenal.
This is news to me. He owes us anyway.

Arsegum

I thought he once said he owes us the amount of time we invested/kept faith in him and he just recently signed a new contract to repay us.

We started to play him more recently anyway.

Lord Dula

Established Member

He blows very hot and cold but a good squad player

if he leaves, I see it as a good opportunity to bring in a top player

or gav hoyte tone ;)

DK Gooner

Good squad player and can only see him moving if Wenger wants to cash in on him rather than him forcing a move. That said I still think it is a distinct possibly at the end of the season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Not a chance of him leaving in January but possibly in the summer. No way is he unhappy with his game time! would fit in nicely at Villa as they have some good young players but lack a little creativity anytime Petrov or Ireland are out.

Humble Rex

Established Member

I want Rozza to stay. Understandable if he would want more playing time, but I still want him to stay.

outlaw_member

Established Member

I'm not too happy at the prospect of losing both Rosicky and Eboue. They are good backups for Cesc and Sagna respectively, and I doubt Wenger would replace either one of them. I'm not sure why Rosicky would be unhappy with a lack of game time either, when he has played quite alot this season.

Shue

Established Member

Starting as captain today apparently, that should tell him how valued he is.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

He was captain against Villa too!

Anzac

Established Member

I'd rather see him stay than see the 3 Stooges continue to pollute our midfield defensive options.

mo50

Established Member

I would like him to stay, unless an upgrade was brought in. He gives cover on the wing and in midfield. Losing him and Eboue, 2 of the more experienced players, in one window wouldn't be smart.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member

There's about 10 players "top of Houllier's wish list"

I'd like him at Villa, but I don't think there's anything in this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom