• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
EVERYONE seems to have forgotten about a certain talented attacking midfielder named tomas rosicky. dortmund are in desperate need of cash. i'm sure they'll sell him this summer. why not get him as our bergkamp looks like retiring and reyes seems to miss spain so much.

Clarkey

Only thing I would say is the comeptition for his signature may put Wenger off, going into a bidding wars not his style (although he did up to a point with Van Nistelrooy). I'd love to get him and it seems so simple...which is probably why it won't happen :cry:

AfC_li4nGht

Another player i rate in FM... :lol: compare ballack & rosicky a similiar player but u could get rosicky at cheaper price, y not?

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I certainly haven't forgot him. I've been peddling his name on these forums quite a bit. I definately think he is Arsenal quality, and we could get him on the cheap. There'll be alot of other big clubs swooping around Dortmund, though.

Sammer

Established Member
Rosicky is a gifted player with the ability to make these incredibly one-touch-passes.

He is not so much a striker though, but rather an attacking midfielder. Would love to see him at Arsenal as he might be the perfect partner to setting Henry up.

patrick42uk

Established Member
aint he a bit lightweight? i'd be surprised if he weights more than reyes, who barely stays on his feet in this league.

Rosicky seems to me a little too faint for English-football. In my opinion, if he wants to be successful in England he will have to become stronger.
Although he is terrible bad this year at Dortmund I think he could be interesting for Arsenal. He has proven that he has the ability to play great football (his first years in the Bundesliga and at international level for his native-country)and in my eyes he would strenghten a lot of teams in Europe - if playing the sort of football he's able to. At the moment he struggles to gain a first team place at Dortmund as he has totally lost his form...
As they are in heavy debts I think they will not prevent him from looking for another club and at the moment he is not expensive, either. So maybe we should observe him as I'm rather sure that he'll improve his performances again.

Nevertheless I don't see him on the same level as Ballack who in my eyes is one class better than Rosicky!

PS: I would really appriciate if the the native-speakers of English-language could correct me when having done mistakes concerning choice of words or spelling. I'm still learning English and I just want to improve my language-skills as much as possible, so you would really help me when correcting my mistakes.

Sammer

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
aint he a bit lightweight? i'd be surprised if he weights more than reyes, who barely stays on his feet in this league.

Yeah, he is a bit lightweight, but when you watch him in the Bundesliga, which certainly is a league with a high emphasis on physical play - as well as in the Euro 2004, he doesn´t have much of a problem with that.

Sammer

Established Member
Ballack certainly is the more complete player - Rosicky is pure attack, while Ballack provides excellent defending skills.

gakc1

Here you go

Rosicky seems to me a little too faint (makes sense but light-weight is probably a better word to use) for English-football (No need for the hyphen, it should be just English football). In my opinion, if he wants to be successful in England he will have to become stronger.
Although he is (has been instead of 'is') terrible bad (no need for the word 'bad' here just leave it at terrible) this year at Dortmund I think he could be interesting for Arsenal. He has proven that he has the ability to play great football (his first years in the Bundesliga and at international level for his native-country (again, no need for the hyphen, should be just native country))and in my eyes he would strenghten a lot of teams in Europe - if playing (should be if he plays instead of 'if playing') the sort of football he's able to. At the moment he struggles (is struggling instead of 'struggles') to gain a first team place at Dortmund as he has totally lost his form...
As they are in heavy debts I think they will (this is a hypothesis so you should really use would instead of 'will', and I would probably write I don't think they would prevent him instead of 'I think they would not')) not prevent him from looking for another club and at the moment he is not (sounds more natural if you elide this to isn't) expensive, (no need for comma) either. So maybe we should observe (watch instead of 'observe' maybe) him as I'm rather sure that he'll improve his performances again (I'd probably write I'm pretty sure his performances will improve again).

Nevertheless I don't see him (think he'sinstead of 'see him') on the same level as Ballack who in my eyes is one class better (a class above instead of 'one class better than') than Rosicky!

PS: I would really appriciate (spelling mistake - appreciate, and you should write I would really appreciate it)) if the the (get rid of 'the the' here) native-speakers of (add the here) English-language could correct me when having done (i make instead of 'having done') mistakes concerning (add the here) choice of words or spelling. I'm still learning English and I just want to improve my language-skills as much as possible, so you would really help me when (by instead of 'when') correcting my mistakes.

There you go, there might seem to be quite a few mistakes but I've probably been a bit pedantic, and I can understand everything you've written, just on occasions it is evident that it has been written by a foreign speaker.

Re: Here you go

gakc1 said:
Rosicky seems to me a little too faint (makes sense but light-weight is probably a better word to use) for English-football (No need for the hyphen, it should be just English football). In my opinion, if he wants to be successful in England he will have to become stronger.
Although he is (has been instead of 'is') terrible bad (no need for the word 'bad' here just leave it at terrible) this year at Dortmund I think he could be interesting for Arsenal. He has proven that he has the ability to play great football (his first years in the Bundesliga and at international level for his native-country (again, no need for the hyphen, should be just native country))and in my eyes he would strenghten a lot of teams in Europe - if playing (should be if he plays instead of 'if playing') the sort of football he's able to. At the moment he struggles (is struggling instead of 'struggles') to gain a first team place at Dortmund as he has totally lost his form...
As they are in heavy debts I think they will (this is a hypothesis so you should really use would instead of 'will', and I would probably write I don't think they would prevent him instead of 'I think they would not')) not prevent him from looking for another club and at the moment he is not (sounds more natural if you elide this to isn't) expensive, (no need for comma) either. So maybe we should observe (watch instead of 'observe' maybe) him as I'm rather sure that he'll improve his performances again (I'd probably write I'm pretty sure his performances will improve again).

Nevertheless I don't see him (think he'sinstead of 'see him') on the same level as Ballack who in my eyes is one class better (a class above instead of 'one class better than') than Rosicky!

PS: I would really appriciate (spelling mistake - appreciate, and you should write I would really appreciate it)) if the the (get rid of 'the the' here) native-speakers of (add the here) English-language could correct me when having done (i make instead of 'having done') mistakes concerning (add the here) choice of words or spelling. I'm still learning English and I just want to improve my language-skills as much as possible, so you would really help me when (by instead of 'when') correcting my mistakes.

There you go, there might seem to be quite a few mistakes but I've probably been a bit pedantic, and I can understand everything you've written, just on occasions it is evident that it has been written by a foreign speaker.

Thank you very much! This is great for me, as now I can work on the mistakes and try not to do them again!

asajoseph

Established Member
I think that the necessity for being big and strong to succeed in the premiership is often overplayed - just look at the success smaler players like Gael Clichy, Ashley Cole and Cesc Fabregas have at Arsenal.

Whilst physical stature is always a bonus, I'd never substitute it for genuine footballing ability. A bit of both is nice, but I'd take the latter everey time.

And hey, does anyone else remember what he did to us a few years ago? Class player Rosicky...

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
SWP.. 'nuff said.....

boy weighs a buck twenty soaking wet, and can terrorize defenders like nobody's business...

you dont need to be big, just good

JGooner

Small players can make it in the prem but only if they have the intelligence to find space and avoid physical battles, which is what Cesc does and Reyes doesn't. Rosicky can easily do this, but I don't really fancy him at Arsenal. I would seriously think about eliminating the number 10 role from our team (Henry is creative enough to serve as a de facto number 10 anyway) and buy a proper penalty box striker like Owen.

patrick42uk

Established Member
theres a difference between being small and being strong. swp is a strong boy despite his size, and very quick too which is good for this league. rosicky looks very frail to me but he has undoubted technical ability. i used to be of th opinion that your ability rather than your pyshique should be all important but i'm starting to realise the importance of physique to this league. you get tested physically in every game unfortunately and your technical ability rarely gets the chance to show if you cannot over come this.

Lord Dula

Established Member
Rosicky seems to me a little too faint for English-football(Rosicky seems to titchy for English footy). In my opinion, if he wants to be successful in England he will have to become stronger.(I fink if he wants to be the dog's he'll have to beef up)
Although he is terrible bad this year at Dortmund I think he could be interesting for Arsenal (Tho he's been gash for Dortmund this season I recon he'll be sweet as for Arsenal). He has proven that he has the ability to play great football (his first years in the Bundesliga and at international level for his native-country)and in my eyes he would strenghten a lot of teams in Europe - if playing the sort of football he's able to (He's proven that he can be pucka both for club and country and I fink he'd shine up most teams). At the moment he struggles to gain a first team place at Dortmund as he has totally lost his form... (Right now his sits on the bench watching his arse grow, and is playing terd)
As they are in heavy debts I think they will not prevent him from looking for another club and at the moment he is not expensive, either (As they are skint I recon they'll flog him - and he'll be cheap as chips). So maybe we should observe him as I'm rather sure that he'll improve his performances again. (Maybe we should eye this fella up as he's what we need)

Nevertheless I don't see him on the same level as Ballack who in my eyes is one class better than Rosicky! (However, he licks balls compared to Ballack - who's kids I want)

asajoseph

Established Member
Er... right... I love that double language thing going on there - any reason? ;)

Patrick, I'd be interested to hear your opinions upon the success of the likes of Clichy and Cole, and the future of Cesc? I guess you could put the former two down to 'not being in the engine room', as it were, but Cesc is a little different. He's not a big guy - if he doesn't beef up, as it were, would you say he doesn't have a future?

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think he will beef up IMO because he is at the age where he is still growing. he was on a weight training program IIRC before this season started anyway. jgooner made the point that you can have the intelligence to avoid the physical battles which is a good one. cesc's first touch is always very delibrate in doing just that and he moves the ball on very quickly before he is tested in that department. the statistics do show however that cesc's impact on the team has been minimal and IMO that will change as he improves physically.

cole and clichy have two other important physical qualities to make up for their lack of strength, pace and balance. i also believe both are stronger than they look. and as you say, they arent exactly in the firing line tucked away at left back. rosicky could play the pires role, but more likely the bergkamp one. i cannot see him handling himself too well with back to goal tbh especially with english ddefenders who like to get 'right up you'.

i remember i used to have arguments with adam about this. he's obsessed with pace and power and i used to explain to him that football shouldnt be about that but ability. i said to him its why i prefer the spanish and italian leagues where it isnt always about physical qualities. over the last year though, i'v come to appreciate that pace and power is an advantage. football is a sport afterall, and like most sports your physique goes hand in hand with your technical qualities in that particular sport. good thing adam isnt here to see me giving in :wink:

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i believe juninho paulista had 2 decent spells in england. a very slight player, size wise. ali bernarbia, eyal berkovic, arjen robben, michael owen, james milner. all players who have done well enough in the premiership despite "size issues". all you need is a smart head on your shoulders. our cesc is proof of that. flamini is hardly a giant himself and he's a scrappy one too. i think rosicky could cut it in england.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom