• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
gunnertilldeath said:
i believe juninho paulista had 2 decent spells in england. a very slight player, size wise. ali bernarbia, eyal berkovic, arjen robben, michael owen, james milner. all players who have done well enough in the premiership despite "size issues". all you need is a smart head on your shoulders. our cesc is proof of that. flamini is hardly a giant himself and he's a scrappy one too. i think rosicky could cut it in england.

of course there is a chance that he could do well like the minority 'weak' players have in this league, but theres a greater chance he will fail due to lack of physique IMO.

i wouldnt class bernabia, robben or milner in the same category as rosicky in terms of pysique. bernarbia for instance weights 75 kg, compared to rosicky's 65. also robben weight's 80 kg. i dont know how much milner weights, but he's growing into quite a strong atheletic lad. owen makes up for his lack of size with blistering pace.

with berkovic, i think its difficult to say he was a success in this league tbh. he made his name in division 1 and has hardly looked consistent. very early too judge flamini who, if i'm being honest, has played below what i was expecting.

praghisa

Sammer said:
Rosicky is a gifted player with the ability to make these incredibly one-touch-passes.

He is not so much a striker though, but rather an attacking midfielder. Would love to see him at Arsenal as he might be the perfect partner to setting Henry up.

just how old is he? how is he physically?

OZGunner

Clarkey said:
Only thing I would say is the comeptition for his signature may put Wenger off, going into a bidding wars not his style (although he did up to a point with Van Nistelrooy). I'd love to get him and it seems so simple...which is probably why it won't happen :cry:

Were we in for ruud?

OZGunner

Clarkey said:
Only thing I would say is the comeptition for his signature may put Wenger off, going into a bidding wars not his style (although he did up to a point with Van Nistelrooy). I'd love to get him and it seems so simple...which is probably why it won't happen :cry:

Forgive my ignorance but...Were we in for ruud?

Soler

Established Member
Yes, but he suffered a bad knee injury and we pulled out IIRC. This was a year before he signed for Man United.

So Rosicky only weighs 65kgs? Gosh thats only little. But the Bundesliga is a physical league so if he can thrive there then Im sure he wont have any trouble in England.

KingReyes

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Patrick, I'd be interested to hear your opinions upon the success of the likes of Clichy and Cole, and the future of Cesc? I guess you could put the former two down to 'not being in the engine room', as it were, but Cesc is a little different. He's not a big guy - if he doesn't beef up, as it were, would you say he doesn't have a future?

Not everyone depends on their size to win physical battles. Certain players make up for it with intelligence, Cesc for example is someone I've noticed that doesn't go for many challenges but his anticiplation of where an opponents pass is going is quite impressive. Thats where he wins most of the balls in midfield.

Also he's a very determined kid with a lot of grit in him, thats why I think it was Patrick42 that said he could make a good captain which I agree with. Certain players like Vieira use their power and size to win the midfield battles where others use their brain in certain scenarios during games. Also don't forget that Cesc is 17 he will only get stronger and smarter.

asajoseph

Established Member
I remember Utd. being in for Ruud before his knee injury, but not us... It was a while ago though...

Sammer

Established Member
KingReyes said:
asajoseph said:
Patrick, I'd be interested to hear your opinions upon the success of the likes of Clichy and Cole, and the future of Cesc? I guess you could put the former two down to 'not being in the engine room', as it were, but Cesc is a little different. He's not a big guy - if he doesn't beef up, as it were, would you say he doesn't have a future?

Not everyone depends on their size to win physical battles. Certain players make up for it with intelligence, Cesc for example is someone I've noticed that doesn't go for many challenges but his anticiplation of where an opponents pass is going is quite impressive. Thats where he wins most of the balls in midfield.

Same applies to Rosicky in the Bundesliga where everyone predicted that he would get kicked off the park before he joined Dortmund.

But I feel the JGOONER´s statement is interesting: instead of trying to replace a player like Bergkamp, who probably can never be adequately replaced, Wenger should probably think about bringing a classic box-type striker in.

Clarkey

asajoseph said:
I remember Utd. being in for Ruud before his knee injury, but not us... It was a while ago though...

We were in the race and made our final offer at 13 million, Madrid and United upped their bids so we had to pull out. Then as the story went Ruud got injured after United had agreed their price so he joined them a year after.

asajoseph

Established Member
Thanks Clarkey.

One thing needs to be pointed out about Reyes, and the supposition that his failure is down to his small stature. I don't believe that this is the case (in fact, I don't believe that he's a 'failure', but for the sake of argument). Reyes was the most fouled footballer even in Spain. I think the season before he left, if I recall correctly, he won more free kicks than any other player in the Primera Liga. What does this say? That Jose Reyes is used to getting fouled, and it's not likely to be heavy challenges that are bothering him. My guess is that it's his style of play, his specific brand of beating players and holding the ball that result in his time spent with his arse on the turf. If Reyes is failing, it's form, not physicality that is causing it.

Asa

jamble

I have thought since last season that if we're going to go for a Bergkamp style, deep lying striker then Nihat is the man, strong, great vision and my god what a shot.

asajoseph

Established Member
Chelsea are after him, apparently. Was much praised a few years ago, but heard nothing of him since...

Chips&CurrySauce

The last 2 seasons Nihat has been way below his best.. He is a good player but noting special and certainly not a Bergkamp type striker... The other Turkish striker who plays for Fenerbache is a much better shout

Sammer

Established Member
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball/0, ... 60,00.html

Today, Borussia Dortmund officially confirmed, that they will sell Rosicky. Although they did not mention Rosicky directly, they told the press, that they need to sell players in order to get at least 10-15 million Euros to reduce their debts.

The only players that are confirmed as squad players for next season are:

Metzelder, Kehl, Koller, Dede.

Rosicky was not mentioned and this is a pretty obvious sign...

esjvpc

I really hope we can sign him, IMO he can be the replacement of either Pires or Ljungberg, or even plays in the "hole" if our forwards are injured / suspended just as a few weeks ago.

Watching EURO 2004, his performance impressed me, but honestly i haven't watched many Germany League, so maybe that performance was just a wonder show. Or maybe he is playing with better players in the national team than in Dortmund, if so, i am very excited to see what he can achieve with Arsenal !!!

:!: :!:

quincyowusuabeyie

Tried the box striker with Jeffers, No Good!

Arsenal aren't one to ponce around in the area, faffing around, with ****TY goals, just like United!! we like to get the ball down and play the most beautiful and quickest football the world has ever seen!

We are the greatest. Imagine Wenger finding another Henry, have one either side of the pitch, delightful thought.

I'm new to this Arsenal Mania forum, so hello all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom