• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický

Status
Not open for further replies.

nazo

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
would be great, but i doubt it. wenger's too cheap...

ya wengers too cheap to buy a player that is less than the price he bought hleb for... i dont think so

wenger only buys players he thinks are good enough for us and if that site is reliable then our scouts have been on rosicky's tail for a while now, so wenger is considering the option of buying him

maradonad2g

where he doesnt have strength he has experince on the european scene and he has a great techincal ability the kind of ability to ghost past players and deliver a killer pass. plus you never know if wenger wont buy a second defensive mid

kamikaze80

Established Member
bluenaz said:
i dont think there is anyone willing to join us this jan.
first:... because of our bad form
second: because of the world cup next summer

rosicky is the only player who is available in jan for sure due to the money his team has to pay

WC qualifiers and he was really good (other than the penalty he missed against czech rep.)
awfully nice of him to miss a penalty against the team he plays for, the guy is clearly a team player

so what are you saying here, do you think rosicky would come or not, since you seem to say he wouldnt because of our form and the WC, but then mention that he is available, which he is.

nazo

Established Member
maradonad2g said:
where he doesnt have strength he has experince on the european scene and he has a great techincal ability the kind of ability to ghost past players and deliver a killer pass. plus you never know if wenger wont buy a second defensive mid

if wenger buys rosicky and yaya (or any other DM) i would be the happiest guy around + my birthday is in jan :p

nazo

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
bluenaz said:
i dont think there is anyone willing to join us this jan.
first:... because of our bad form
second: because of the world cup next summer

rosicky is the only player who is available in jan for sure due to the money his team has to pay

WC qualifiers and he was really good (other than the penalty he missed against czech rep.)
awfully nice of him to miss a penalty against the team he plays for, the guy is clearly a team player

so what are you saying here, do you think rosicky would come or not, since you seem to say he wouldnt because of our form and the WC, but then mention that he is available, which he is.

my bad for the screwing up between the netherlands and czech
i know it sounds confusing but dortmund have a financial problem and have to solve it, so by selling rosicky they could at least get some money before his contract ends(sometimes near but not sure when)
thats why they offered him to atl.madrid and are trying to sell him before the end of the season because his price might go down
sooooo...why not get him if his team are willing to sell him, and he is willing to leave the team?

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Always rated this player, and he'd be an excellent addition. He may not solve our biggest problem of a lack of control and strength in the middle, but his ability to play at a good level in various positions is invaluable given the patchy form of the likes of Bobby and Bergy.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
He is not like Hleb or Fabregas. he is more commanding and he is balanced. He can attack and defend but not as good as Vieira. Just get him, he is a very good player and a very loyal one too. I mean there has been tons of clubs that want to sign him but he's putted his a** solid at Dortmund. Plus, he's future captain of Czech Republic.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I'd definately want him, and seeing as though Dortmund are in such financial trouble, why not make a swoop for some of their other talents.

KingReyes

Established Member
Would he improve the squad? Without a doubt YES!

How many players do we actually have that can actually distribute the ball like Rosicky can in the position he plays? Not many last time I checked.

Corny

asajoseph said:
This is so funny after this thread

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... hp?t=18318

but I would say not the type of midfielder we should be looking at in January.

Au contraire - Exactly the type of midfielder we need to be looking at in January. He's an absolute class act, and in theory could play anywhere in the midfield. He's the guy we need to take some pressure off Fabregas, and take up some of the immense slack on the wings too. In fact, a midfield containing Rosicky, Hleb and Fabregas would just be sick...

Having read that article, it sounds pretty confident too... Then again, I don't buy the Mirror for a reason...

Asa, but isn't Hleb there for that reason? It concerns me that we might play, perm 4 from the 5 below:

Pires - Rosicky - Fabregas - Ljungberg - Hleb

That's a selection asking for trouble, completely unbalanced. If we are to sign Rosicky I'd play him wide right otherwise his signing has no value UNLESS he plays CM with a quality defensive player that is.

What I am saying is he may improve the quality we have, but if he is to simply add to the above 4 players in the same midfield then I am anot so sure I'd want him.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Corny (what a funny name), Rosicky is a center midfielder. He performs best at that position and moving him wide is utterly useless.

invisibleman18

Established Member
would be a good signing, but if we are really interested, surely other top teams will be too. and then we come back to the whole not going over what we consider to be the market value stuff etc.
are the chances of getting him actually that high if we do go in for him?

asajoseph

Established Member
Corny said:
asajoseph said:
This is so funny after this thread

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... hp?t=18318

but I would say not the type of midfielder we should be looking at in January.

Au contraire - Exactly the type of midfielder we need to be looking at in January. He's an absolute class act, and in theory could play anywhere in the midfield. He's the guy we need to take some pressure off Fabregas, and take up some of the immense slack on the wings too. In fact, a midfield containing Rosicky, Hleb and Fabregas would just be sick...

Having read that article, it sounds pretty confident too... Then again, I don't buy the Mirror for a reason...

Asa, but isn't Hleb there for that reason? It concerns me that we might play, perm 4 from the 5 below:

Pires - Rosicky - Fabregas - Ljungberg - Hleb

That's a selection asking for trouble, completely unbalanced. If we are to sign Rosicky I'd play him wide right otherwise his signing has no value UNLESS he plays CM with a quality defensive player that is.

What I am saying is he may improve the quality we have, but if he is to simply add to the above 4 players in the same midfield then I am anot so sure I'd want him.

Hleb's a class player, but I see absolutely no reason why having him should preclude us from being in the Rosicky sweepstakes.

The 5-man midfield you suggest will never happen - Pires is finished at Arsenal for one, and much as I love Freddie, if it came to a choice between him and the Czech, I'd drop him every time. Yes, Rosicky is traditionally a central midfielder, but I see no reason why he couldn't play wide too, in a midfield consisting of Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas and Gilberto. But, more importantly, he'll be able to give Fabregas days off, allowing us to play Hleb, Ljungberg, Rosicky and Gilberto. Rosicky's incredibly talented and has oodles of guile - he could, as I said above, probably play in any position in the midfield.

So, unlike Ljungberg and Pires, (and like Hleb), he's a player actually capable of playing both wide and central, offering us attacking cover in the middle, and far, far better options than we currently have out wide.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We have got too many players playing outta position already, Reyes to be a winger or not to be a winger you know and Hleb a central player pushed out on the wing, and wih the injuries aswell. We need to sign a layer in a position that he is comfertable in already. We don't have time for them to adept.
Even if I like Rosicky I want us to get either a box to box cm or a pitbull/gattuso guy.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
That is why we have problems to find a player that an complement both Cesc (so he doesn't burn out) and Gilberto. Aka a player well versed both in attacking and defending. That are high demands but there are players we copuld go for, Ballack thou unlikly to sign to us, Bodmer maybe the new Ballack, Cambiasso, a younger Veron plus others

Lord Dula

Established Member
Wouldnt be my first choice signing.

I know he is technically gifted, but we need power in our midfield, otherwise Bolton et al will continue to do us.

Sammer

Established Member
Rosicky is a class player. But a semi-dissapointment at Dortmund.

He shines, whenever he plays for the Czech national team squad, and he goes missing too often for Dortmund.

The positive thing about this situation is, that we might actually be able to sign him for a decent amount of money. On the other hand, he would have to replace Freddie, because a central midfield of Rosicky and Cesc is too unbalanced.

The question for me is:

Did we go missing in too many games this season, because we lack physical grit in midfield, or because our attacking-machine broke down too often due to a mediocre LeBob and a inconsistent Freddie Ljungberg?

If the latter is correct, a midfield of:

Hleb - Cesc - Gilberto - Rosicky

would be great. But where would Reyes fit in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom