• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Isn't it viable for Rosicky to take over Bergkamp's role? After all he's got excellent vision and can go past players with ease.

patrick42uk

Established Member
reyes has to work or Arsène 'i scouted him for years' wenger wont look too clever. its why reyes plays a lot of games he doesnt deserve.

as for rosicky, wenger is clearly not too concerned about being outmuscled in every game if he's really in for him. germany might be physical, but the premeirship is another level.

asajoseph

Established Member
Rosicky would fulfill a need that we currently have, although it's not the role of the midfield gorilla that many want. He would bring back the creativity that is so, so lacking in our midfield when Pires and Ljungberg play. He'd bring back the directness that we've lost in recent years, and he'd bring back the guile (coupled with Hleb).

If you want a new strong midfielder really depends on whether or not you want to replace Gilberto. Wanting Rosicky is more about getting rid of Pires and giving Fabregas a rest. We need both. Rosicky fulfills only one of those needs.

kel varnsen

Established Member
TheHotshot said:
Corny (what a funny name), Rosicky is a center midfielder. He performs best at that position and moving him wide is utterly useless.

agree. rosicky would take some of the pressure of fabregas. would be a great signing...

asajoseph

Established Member
Using Rosicky as a central midfielder alone, at this stage, wouldn't take the pressure off Fabregas, it would flat out replace him.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Using Rosicky as a central midfielder alone, at this stage, wouldn't take the pressure off Fabregas, it would flat out replace him.

i'm thinking rotation. sometimes rosicky would play in central midfield, sometimes on the right or left and sometimes on the bench. cesc would get plenty of games, as pires is soon gone...

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
as for rosicky, wenger is clearly not too concerned about being outmuscled in every game if he's really in for him. germany might be physical, but the premeirship is another level.
it's possible that he could be coming as one of two central midfield signings. i mean look at Barca, they tailor their teams for the opposition.

lewdikris

Established Member
I love Rosicky - he's a brilliant, brilliant player, and I love watching the Czech Republic who play winning but attractive football.

Our problem this season has been partly down to Freddie and Bobby playing like gimps and Hleb being injured. If we signed Rosicky ... and I would love us to ... it would be the death knell of Bobby's Arsenal career.

Wenger's said we've gone for a very technical side recently, and has played around with a 4-3-3 ... the other option much discussed is that we play a diamond a la Milan or the Czech Republic.

We still need our own Gattuso figure to anchor that diamond (though we may have him in Kolo, but a midfield attacking three of Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky would be incredibly technically gifted in the way that Nedved, Rosicky and Smicer have taken the Czech's to the top of the world game.

Go get him Wenger!

asajoseph

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

i'm thinking rotation. sometimes rosicky would play in central midfield, sometimes on the right or left and sometimes on the bench. cesc would get plenty of games, as pires is soon gone...

My thoughts exactly.

Our problem this season has been partly down to Freddie and Bobby playing like gimps and Hleb being injured. If we signed Rosicky ... and I would love us to ... it would be the death knell of Bobby's Arsenal career.

The death knell of Bobby's Arsenal career? That's not a problem, that's a benefit for Arsenal.

longrufus

Established Member
I was of the opinion that we dont need more attacking players in midfield, we have enough. But Wengers shift in tactics recently has made me re-evaluate. With Pires past it and freddie close behind him we really do need more options in attacking midfield roles.
I have always liked Rosicky, although his career has somewhat stalled over the past few seasons but the expeirence he would bring would help enormously. It would at last give us the luxury of rotating players now and then giving cesc a restbite.
My only concern is that in buying Rosicky, Wenger will not bring in a more defense minded midfielder.

Jkreffer

Established Member
He really is a class act and would be a top signing. Should be playing for a better side than Dortmund. Having said that, his defensive side isn't great, although he does get stuck in when I have seen him. He would need a much more in form Gilberto in order to play effectively in our system, but then so to does Cesc.

Viper

Established Member
Rosicky would be a good signing but I'd prefer to get someone like Yaya Toure. I wouldn't mind getting both though!

Could Rosicky play on the wings?

Austrian Gooner

please not another one .. we really need a midfielder who is able to shoot from outside the box and not another one who's trying to carry the ball in the goal..

Jkreffer

Established Member
I know everyone seems to love Yaya, but he isn't anywhere near as proven as someone like Rosicky is.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I've been saying it for a long long while. I never thought I'd finally see a newspaper article about it....Rosicky!

We tracked him last season and tried to bring him in as an option instead of Baptista....even made an offfer but Dortmound were not ready to sell. Chelsea were after him too a few seasons back.....I won't believe it until I see it but this guy is class. Get him forst, worry about where to play him second!

I for one hope it happens.

nazo

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
I've been saying it for a long long while. I never thought I'd finally see a newspaper article about it....Rosicky!

We tracked him last season and tried to bring him in as an option instead of Baptista....even made an offfer but Dortmound were not ready to sell. Chelsea were after him too a few seasons back.....I won't believe it until I see it but this guy is class. Get him forst, worry about where to play him second!

I for one hope it happens.

second that
rosicky is a good player and can play on the wings if it is needed
after the game today i think wenger is thinking of trying to strengthen our team as much as he can and i hope he brings in both yaya and rosicky to help us out, but i doubt he will get yaya now because he cant play in the champions league with us(which is one of the two cups we actually have hope in getting :roll: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom