• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
AFCFan4Ever said:
I read this article on another board, don't know where it's from....

Arsenal were last night completing the signing of Tomas Rosicky for around £7m. The 25-year-old play-maker left the Czech Republic's pre-World Cup training camp in Austria yesterday morning to fly to London for contract negotiations. He has been ear-marked as the replacement for Dennis Bergkamp, who retired this month.

An announcement is expected today from Arsenal, with Rosicky passing his medical after a fee was agreed with his club, Borussia Dortmund. The signing is a clear statement of intent from Arsenal following Thierry Henry's decision to sign a new four-year deal.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has long coveted Rosicky, who will be pivotal to his country's hopes in Germany, having scored 15 goals in 53 games.
What will puzzle Arsenal supporters is how Rosicky, who cost Dortmund £18m when he joined from Sparta Prague in 2001, fits into their team. As a natural central midfielder he appears to be a rival to Cesc Fabregas as the team's most creative player, although it is unthinkable that Wenger would consider replacing the Spanish teenager.

Instead he is likely to try to assimilate the two players in the same line-up, with Rosicky playing further forward as a withdrawn striker, which may be bad news for players such as Robin van Persie who is set for a swift Arsenal exit.

Interesting...

Lehmann
Eboue Toure Senderos Cole
Hleb Gilberto Cesc Reyes
Rosicky
Henry

Thoughts???

WShy not shift him and reyes? People call Reyes a striker all the time and Risicky isn't a striker. I was worried first that Rosicky wouldn't offer many goals but he has scored 15 in 53 int-cap. But maybe Arsène knows that Reyes place should be LM. I would just love it if Rosicky was something similar like Nedved.

Pete

MTG said:
gun4glory said:
MTG said:
™}}T£M0o$£{{™ said:
is there any chance of buying any players from juve for cheap?

The one I want is Buffon.
When we already got Lehmenn! What have you been smokin'! :lol:

Haha! Nothing.

It's very simple. Lehmenn will need replacing as next season he has nothing to motivate himself for.

Mad Jens is already motivated and is looking forward to a date in Athens in a year's time with a bunch of swarthy Catalans. He'll be up for it, no problem.

Reo-Coker - I'm not sure he'll be top quality. Let's be honest, this is the Arsenal and we must be aiming for top quality in all positions. Even if Arsène Wenger rated Reo-Coker he'd cost an absoulte fortune. The equivalent player from abroad could be had for a quarter of the cost.

RammiXP

Rahul said:
Why do we need a DM?why cant we just have 2 box to box midfielders like we have had in the past with Vieira and petit or parlour?

And moreover cescs defensive qualities aint that bad though he needs to improve on them.

i think baptista can be a box to box midfielder.

we will see.

Captain

Established Member
TalentScout said:
QS,i think manchester united proved that its fine to have one defensive midfielder and one attacker , keane and scholes , i think they won the trebble :p

Keane was an all-rounder, he didn't just focus on defence

TheoLegend

Rosicky has a nickname called " Mozart of football" , and i also watch him play many times, Special talent, not sure how he fits in the squad though , tbh.. Hleb is very similar, but rosicky scores more.

A

Anonymous

but he was renouned for his great defending not his other attributes.a less argumentative example shall i say i would like a makalele type.

AFCFan4Ever

YeahBee said:
AFCFan4Ever said:
I read this article on another board, don't know where it's from....

Arsenal were last night completing the signing of Tomas Rosicky for around £7m. The 25-year-old play-maker left the Czech Republic's pre-World Cup training camp in Austria yesterday morning to fly to London for contract negotiations. He has been ear-marked as the replacement for Dennis Bergkamp, who retired this month.

An announcement is expected today from Arsenal, with Rosicky passing his medical after a fee was agreed with his club, Borussia Dortmund. The signing is a clear statement of intent from Arsenal following Thierry Henry's decision to sign a new four-year deal.

Arsène Wenger, the Arsenal manager, has long coveted Rosicky, who will be pivotal to his country's hopes in Germany, having scored 15 goals in 53 games.
What will puzzle Arsenal supporters is how Rosicky, who cost Dortmund £18m when he joined from Sparta Prague in 2001, fits into their team. As a natural central midfielder he appears to be a rival to Cesc Fabregas as the team's most creative player, although it is unthinkable that Wenger would consider replacing the Spanish teenager.

Instead he is likely to try to assimilate the two players in the same line-up, with Rosicky playing further forward as a withdrawn striker, which may be bad news for players such as Robin van Persie who is set for a swift Arsenal exit.

Interesting...

Lehmann
Eboue Toure Senderos Cole
Hleb Gilberto Cesc Reyes
Rosicky
Henry

Thoughts???

WShy not shift him and reyes? People call Reyes a striker all the time and Risicky isn't a striker. I was worried first that Rosicky wouldn't offer many goals but he has scored 15 in 53 int-cap. But maybe Arsène knows that Reyes place should be LM. I would just love it if Rosicky was something similar like Nedved.

Because Rosicky is at his most dangerous when playing centrally, in the Bergy role. This would be just another form of the 4-5-1, except with Rosicky having a more advanced role.

Rahul

RammiXP said:
Rahul said:
Why do we need a DM?why cant we just have 2 box to box midfielders like we have had in the past with Vieira and petit or parlour?

And moreover cescs defensive qualities aint that bad though he needs to improve on them.

i think baptista can be a box to box midfielder.

we will see.

I have heard Baptista is only good as striker never witnessed it though

MrHanson

I think thomas will play off Henry (bergkamp role), he will be a valuable addition to the first team. In Europe i think AW will stick to 4-5-1 with thomas playing more centrally with cesc and gilberto.

Mckenna

MrHanson said:
I think thomas will play off Henry (bergkamp role), he will be a valuable addition to the first team. In Europe i think AW will stick to 4-5-1 with thomas playing more centrally with cesc and gilberto.
Yeah, he'll basically get exactly the role that Pires was getting in the CL Final before he was hauled off. The floater behind Henry, his main support. Because he's got a good passing range, he can also pull the strings when wing support and Cesc get forward too. Hopefully, given Pires has been inconsistent this season, Ros could provide the level of play the great and consistent Pires gave us. Now that would be something to behold. We just need to coax him into playing on the left sometimes in the Premiership and we'll be away.

Sammer

Established Member
TheoLegend said:
Rosicky has a nickname called " Mozart of football" , and i also watch him play many times, Special talent, not sure how he fits in the squad though , tbh.. Hleb is very similar, but rosicky scores more.

Indeed they are similar players, and as you said, Rosicky´s finishing is better than Hlebs, while Hleb is the better dribbler.

Rosicky is so versatile, that it is an exciting prospect for Arsenal. At the age of 25, he has the perfect mixture between experience and future.

MrHanson

I happy with the likely signing of thomas but agree with some other posts that we need a top quality DM, if gilberto gets injured who's cover?

Mckenna

MrHanson said:
I happy with the likely signing of thomas but agree with some other posts that we need a top quality DM, if gilberto gets injured who's cover?
I think Flams has a legit chance of being that person. We all know that he's got a great engine on him, but at the same time, he spent ten games or so at left back for us, and I think that will have taught him a lot about holding his position, what the defence needs from a shielding player and knowing when to go forward. I still expect someone to come in at DM, because I know that now is the time to get someone, but at the same time, I wouldn't count Flams out. He's gonna be a big player for us.

Captain

Established Member
TalentScout said:
but he was renouned for his great defending not his other attributes.a less argumentative example shall i say i would like a makalele type.

You could but then you would have to use a different example to prove your point against qs'.

MrHanson

Mckenna said:
MrHanson said:
I think Flams has a legit chance of being that person. We all know that he's got a great engine on him, but at the same time, he spent ten games or so at left back for us, and I think that will have taught him a lot about holding his position, what the defence needs from a shielding player and knowing when to go forward. I still expect someone to come in at DM, because I know that now is the time to get someone, but at the same time, I wouldn't count Flams out. He's gonna be a big player for us.

Agreed Flam may the the man for DM, what do you think about ralph's chances of playing there? i think he could do a decent job, he's got the defensive qualities, expierence of playing the position for cameroon and better distribution than both flam and gilberto.

gun4glory

Never thought about Lauren there... I guess it could work...
Then we got ourselves a scary DCM... What we've been dreaming of for ages :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom