• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tomáš Rosický

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul

Sammer said:
TheoLegend said:
Rosicky has a nickname called " Mozart of football" , and i also watch him play many times, Special talent, not sure how he fits in the squad though , tbh.. Hleb is very similar, but rosicky scores more.

Indeed they are similar players, and as you said, Rosicky´s finishing is better than Hlebs, while Hleb is the better dribbler.

Rosicky is so versatile, that it is an exciting prospect for Arsenal. At the age of 25, he has the perfect mixture between experience and future.

Thats exactly what arsenal need atm imo.People in the age bracket of cole toure and hleb for example

Mckenna

MrHanson said:
Mckenna said:
MrHanson said:
I happy with the likely signing of thomas but agree with some other posts that we need a top quality DM, if gilberto gets injured who's cover?
I think Flams has a legit chance of being that person. We all know that he's got a great engine on him, but at the same time, he spent ten games or so at left back for us, and I think that will have taught him a lot about holding his position, what the defence needs from a shielding player and knowing when to go forward. I still expect someone to come in at DM, because I know that now is the time to get someone, but at the same time, I wouldn't count Flams out. He's gonna be a big player for us.

Agreed Flam may the the man for DM, what do you think about ralph's chances of playing there? i think he could do a decent job, he's got the defensive qualities, expierence of playing the position for cameroon and better distribution than both flam and gilberto.
Lauren's Arsenal career, in my eyes, is nearly over. Barring a Lehmann style resurgence through his determination to win back his RB spot, I can't see him getting back into the team. I don't think he has the quality to be a DCM, simply because it's a place where you have to get stuck in, and whenever Lauren gets stuck in, somebody gets attacked because he loses his temper. Hey, it's not beyond the realm of possibility. He's been a defender for a long time, and he's been a midfielder before, so it could be done. But I just think that with the players we have who are actually supposed to play in that position, Gilberto, Flams and maybe Diaby (if he can read the game better when he gets back), then I don't think Lauren should steal one of their positions just because he's been usurped of his own. If we see Lauren in the team again, it'll be at right back.

gun4glory

I don't see why people are writing off Lauren as a RB a well! I fully expect him to play next season...

But about the DCM position, it's definately not beyond him...

Haha! This is the Rosicky thread though :S

Tony Montana

Established Member
Not too bothered about this signing to be honest. He's seems too much like Hleb and we need some central midfield steel for the premiership. He won't make our team worse at least. Hopefully we can get someone more bullish although Gilberto has come on leaps and bounds. If Rosicky is playing left midfield instead of Pires then fair enough, but he will probably take a long time to adapt to the premiership.

Mckenna

gun4glory said:
I don't see why people are writing off Lauren as a RB a well! I fully expect him to play next season...

The only reason I write him off as a RB is that Eboue has done so well. I mean, Lauren is a great player and a loyal servant of AFC, but when he comes up against a great winger, he is exposed. Eboue survived Robinho and Nedved, players I'm sure that Lauren would've had trouble with. That's my reasoning. Lauren's gonna have to work hard on both his temperament and his marshalling of the good wingers should he want his place back. Aside from Ronaldinho, who does it to everyone, Eboue hasn't been embarrassed during his stint at RB.

GunneDown

gun4glory said:

Not seeing as that was his old postion...

seatiger

Anyone watches Bundesliga or have seen him play on the left before? Euro04 he was outstanding in the center, anyone can confirm he is good on the left too?

Not exactly same as Nedved in my opinion. Both are hardworking, covers lots of ground. Nedved contributed more to defence than he did and is a more all-rounded player. Rosicky is more creative and got better vision.

Gooner_Girl

A player over 21!!!Finally wenger, just watched that video cause never heard of him and he looks great. Great addition to our midfield, more experience something right about our signings! Our others have been good but they are too young.

GunneDown

Mckenna said:
gun4glory said:

The only reason I write him off as a RB is that Eboue has done so well. I mean, Lauren is a great player and a loyal servant of AFC, but when he comes up against a great winger, he is exposed. Eboue survived Robinho and Nedved, players I'm sure that Lauren would've had trouble with. That's my reasoning. Lauren's gonna have to work hard on both his temperament and his marshalling of the good wingers should he want his place back. Aside from Ronaldinho, who does it to everyone, Eboue hasn't been embarrassed during his stint at RB.

lol... it's ok... your bus will be here soon.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Not to be botherd, c'mon Tony this could be a major improvement. We went fromn Pires scoring 10+ goals every season to Pires/Freddie/Reyes who didn't score what Pires has done by himself. I want him for LM and if we don't buy another striker then reyes and RVp can battle it out

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'd just like to point out that, next year we are going to play 4-4-2 far more times than 4-5-1. for the odd time we play 4-5-1, rosicky will play central in the midfield 3. but in 4-4-2, i cant see him anywhere but on the left of midfield.

Kraig

Established Member
im chuffed about the potential signing of Tomas! Ive been a fan of his for ages now!! I tink hes the sort of player we could do with at Arsenal... and who knows, could be the end of Reyes time with us...

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I read that Rosicky is putting pen on the paper today, and that Bruckner (Czech manager) said that he's surprised that this news didn't come out earlier!!
Off the topic:
I noticed that, off course, lot o you post you messages here so I yust wanted to send you one link from one other topic. I think it's very honourable cause, 'bout Rocky Rocastle
http://www.arsewars.com/index.php/2006/ ... stimonial/

sabret00the

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
i'd just like to point out that, next year we are going to play 4-4-2 far more times than 4-5-1. for the odd time we play 4-5-1, rosicky will play central in the midfield 3. but in 4-4-2, i cant see him anywhere but on the left of midfield.
i hope you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom