• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tom Rogic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykes

No thanks. If we're signing Xhaka, we should focus on developing guys like Bielik, Toral, Hayden , Zelalem, etc.

serenitynow

Ex-fransgooner

Player:Jesus
As an Aussie, it'd be great seeing one of our countrymen at the Arsenal. But not in this case. Good player for the Socceroos but nowhere near the level that we should be aiming for. Barely scraping Sunderland/Norwich level if I'm being honest.
Seen him a few times live when he played for Central Coast, decent lad, fairly physical and did well in the A-League (the standard is laughable at times, admittedly) but he'd be more out of place at Arsenal than Moyes was at United.

Multipass

This is not going to happen, not least of which because the creative midfield role is well and truly taken. But contrary to all the opinions in this thread, I actually think young Tam has what it takes. There are not many out there with his touch, close quarter control and vision, and he has developed a wicked left foot. His biggest set back has been his engine (rarely lasting the 90) and his defensive pressure (which has improved dramatically in the last 6 months). But he is still young, and these are the strings the gifted can always always add to their bow. Having said that, can't see it happening.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we are scouting anyone at Celtic it should be Kieran Tierney broke into the Celtic team This year an 18 year old left back, fantastic prospect . YouTube him.

GotmaGoons

Another Croat Aussie?

He's another Serb Aussie =)

As a Rogic fan I can say he's not ready for a club like Arsenal although the boy can play has the touch, skills and now finishing quality to make it in the Premier League.

He's had a horror run with injuries last few years which have held him back physically (can't run out 90 mins) and stunted his football development (experience, tactics etc).

At this stage in his career he'd be better served playing for a mid tier Premier League side which will allow him to adapt to the league and prove his worth before making the move to a bigger club.

GotmaGoons

Socceroos wise, I'd put him on similar level to Jedinak, maybe a fraction below..

On importance or skill? Jedinak is a midfield engine who provides you 100% all over the park although Rogic glides across the park with skill and grace. Two different type of players IMO although no less important.

Hinderz

I'd love an Aussie to play for Arsenal. I'd also love for an Aussie to be good enough to play for Arsenal. They would have to be without a doubt the first name on the Socceroo's team sheet.

100% Rogic and Jedinak aren't the same type of player, I was comparing them in terms of importance to the team's play and the impact they have on international games etc.

Last edited:

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
I'd love an Aussie to play for Arsenal. I'd also love for an Aussie to be good enough to play for Arsenal. They would have to be without a doubt the first name on the Socceroo's team sheet.

100% Rogic and Jedinak aren't the same type of player, I was comparing them in terms of importance to the team's play and the impact they have on international games etc.
Jeff Reine-Adelaide. Pretty sure he's better than Rogic.

Malky

Established Member
If we are scouting anyone at Celtic it should be Kieran Tierney broke into the Celtic team This year an 18 year old left back, fantastic prospect . YouTube him.
Would honestly take Tierney here as Gibbs replacement, looks like the only player in the entire SPL that could make the step up. Pretty sure he was being linked with Liverpool last week.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Would honestly take Tierney here as Gibbs replacement, looks like the only player in the entire SPL that could make the step up. Pretty sure he was being linked with Liverpool last week.
He'll move onto better things shortly. He is the only player worth paying the entry fee at Celtic Park. For an 18 year old full back that's a hefty weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom