• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Toni Kroos

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Saw this on the latest posts sidebar and clicked thinking it would lead me to a Transfer forum thread about how we'd conviced Kroos to not retire and play for us for a season. Definitely not what I was expecting nvm

1720411666504.gif

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Certainly quite a few posts here that reflect how ignorant about immigration most of the population are, and why right wing populists are flourishing globally.

Bottom line is: UNTRACKED mass migration is bad. Mass migration with a functioning assessment and asylum system alongside functioning border security is a good thing. Every country benefits from an influx of highly skilled and/or highly motivated people as long as the infrastructure is developed accordingly. Governments who demonise immigrants are either racist or more commonly covering their own arses regarding their incompetence.

In the UK we've had the wonderful mix of a government who deliberately screws up the hitherto functioning immigration system and leaves the controlled freedom of movement agreements specifically so they can a) show an asylum backlog, b) encourage illegal immigration routes and c) encourage greater numbers of migration from outside of Europe, purely so they can use these people as a political tool for scapegoating. Only this government were so stupid they kept doing that despite a more right wing immigration focused party springing up.

Hopefully this new vaguely sensible and workmanlike administration can get the immigration claims system working properly, actually get effective border forces working alongside rather than against the likes of the lifeboat people AND co-operate with european partners to track migration, provide more legal routes for skilled migrants and collaborate on the tracking of people traffickers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Forget immigration. How the hrll didn’t he get sent off against Spain? That useless English ref was constantly protecting the Germans

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I don't disagree that he probably leans right and I don't agree with his views in general, but what he said was still misconstrued in that PJW tweet. My German isn't what it used to be but this tweet just about summed up how I heard it as well, feel free to correct it:

He's obviously *****footing around the subject as you said but IMO there's a rather big jump from criticism of how the government dealt with the issue and becoming an ally to people like PJW who quite literally would love to carpet bomb every single Muslim off the face of the planet. Kroos told AfD supporters to stay home and don't vote. AFAIK it wasn't some journo asking him and him worming his way out of supporting them, he actively went out and dunked on them.

To me Kroos just seems like your typical centrist "I bring up problems to sound smart but collapse if asked to provide solutions" dumbass. Maybe I'm being too charitable and I guess we'll see if he responds to the pushback.
I don't think it's misconstrued, both tweets are simply quoting different parts of the interview. The first tweet didn't mention how he was very careful and hesitant in his choice of words in order to not sound racist but the second tweet completely omitted his bollocks of Germany not being the same as it was 10 years ago, his anti-woke posturing "people don't want to work/achieve things in today's society" or his assertion that Germany is not a racist country just because there are people who say there's no space for any more immigrants.

Again he has priors. He's not the outright Nazi his atrocious haircut makes him look like but he's said so many dodgy things for 10+ years there's no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Certainly quite a few posts here that reflect how ignorant about immigration most of the population are, and why right wing populists are flourishing globally.

Bottom line is: UNTRACKED mass migration is bad. Mass migration with a functioning assessment and asylum system alongside functioning border security is a good thing. Every country benefits from an influx of highly skilled and/or highly motivated people as long as the infrastructure is developed accordingly.
Every country except for those that are now short of skilled and motivated people. 'We' need immigrants here because no one here wants to have any kids any more then why not let the continent die out.

From the view of an actual left the focus should be on ending free trade agreements and other neocolonialist policies that cause people having to migrate in the first place. So many alleged liberals chatting about 'the right to migrate' when the right migrants lose first is the right to not have to migrate. Almost no one wants to leave their homes if they can help it, absolutely no one really wants to come to Germany or the UK where food and weather are ****ing miserable.

Doesn't mean you let them drown in the Mediterranean but the whole topic is always seen from the lens of what Europe needs when the last thing Europe deserves is more capital at the expense of Africa or Asia.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Bottom line is: UNTRACKED mass migration is bad. Mass migration with a functioning assessment and asylum system alongside functioning border security is a good thing. Every country benefits from an influx of highly skilled and/or highly motivated people as long as the infrastructure is developed accordingly. Governments who demonise immigrants are either racist or more commonly covering their own arses regarding their incompetence.

In the UK we've had the wonderful mix of a government who deliberately screws up the hitherto functioning immigration system and leaves the controlled freedom of movement agreements specifically so they can a) show an asylum backlog, b) encourage illegal immigration routes and c) encourage greater numbers of migration from outside of Europe, purely so they can use these people as a political tool for scapegoating. Only this government were so stupid they kept doing that despite a more right wing immigration focused party springing up.

Hopefully this new vaguely sensible and workmanlike administration can get the immigration claims system working properly, actually get effective border forces working alongside rather than against the likes of the lifeboat people AND co-operate with european partners to track migration, provide more legal routes for skilled migrants and collaborate on the tracking of people traffickers.

Yeah this.

Do people think mass migration of undocumented peoples is a good thing? Does anyone think what's happening in the southern border of the US is a good thing?

In Canada, unchecked immigration has put extreme pressures housing (rents have gone parabolic over the last two years), our healthcare system is in disarray, most people can't get a family doctor and a whole host of other programs. The citizenry has every right to be pissed - some people unfortunately direct their anger and frustrations at the wrong target - immigrants, rather than the real criminals: government.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@jones touched on this but if the folks want the immigration to ease up maybe lobby their politicians to stop bombing the **** out of African and Middle Eastern folks, turning their countries into war zones.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
@jones touched on this but if the folks want the immigration to ease up maybe lobby their politicians to stop bombing the **** out of African and Middle Eastern folks, turning their countries into war zones.
That's the thing, the mainstream centre-right position isn't thinking about what would be good for those people they barely view them as human. They will say immigration is good as long as we get the smart hard working ones and keep the idiots away.

Then you have the right wingers who would rather let nobody in because they want to keep their country nice and white and the modern left where most here want to open up the borders permanently without thinking what it would mean for the places of origin of those migrating. Nobody would even stop to think for a second why it's even necessary for people to leave their homes in the first place and whether they themselves might actually be the reason for that.

outlawz

Southgate's waistcoat knitter
Going by Kroos’ logic then this would be the England team:

View attachment 25831

They’d be lucky to finish bottom of their qualifying group 😭 noticed a common theme whenever I browse Twitter it’s always the accounts with some ai generated photo or no profile pic that are spewing the most hatred. A bunch of cowards that hide how they feel in person.

Southgate would lead that team to World Cup triumph.

outlawz

This is ultimately it. The US, France and Britain are responsible for either the economic poverty that cause people to flee (France and West Africa) or the military conflicts (US and the Middle East). Therefore, they should take the bulk of refugees because they were responsible for creating the situation or exacerbating it.

It's hilarious hearing an absolute donkey like Douglas Murray supports Israel's bombing of Gaza and the UK governments support of it and in the same breath state that Britain shouldn't take any Palestinean refugees that are created from it. Guy is one evil ****.

The US caused millions of immigrants in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan but most the refugees ended up in Europe and I bet relatively few ended up in the States. As usual, the US ****s all over the Middle East and Europe ends up having to clean it up.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah this.

Do people think mass migration of undocumented peoples is a good thing? Does anyone think what's happening in the southern border of the US is a good thing?

In Canada, unchecked immigration has put extreme pressures housing (rents have gone parabolic over the last two years), our healthcare system is in disarray, most people can't get a family doctor and a whole host of other programs. The citizenry has every right to be pissed - some people unfortunately direct their anger and frustrations at the wrong target - immigrants, rather than the real criminals: government.
Literally nobody has said that's a good thing though. That was the strawman that the 2 chuckle brothers presented to justify their Islamophobia.

Batman

This is ultimately it. The US, France and Britain are responsible for either the economic poverty that cause people to flee (France and West Africa) or the military conflicts (US and the Middle East). Therefore, they should take the bulk of refugees because they were responsible for creating the situation or exacerbating it.

It's hilarious hearing an absolute donkey like Douglas Murray supports Israel's bombing of Gaza and the UK governments support of it and in the same breath state that Britain shouldn't take any of the refugees that are created from it. Guy is one evil ****.

The US caused millions of immigrants in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan but most the refugees ended up in Europe and I bet very few were granted asylum in the US. As usual, the US ****s all over the Middle East and Europe ends up having to clean it up.

The US is a country run by the descendants or European colonizers. It was the British who colonized carved the Middle East up and destabilized it in the first place. It was also Europeans who violently colonized the African continent and who in collaboration with the United States continue to pillage Africa's natural resources via arming violent militias to attack the civilian population so they can avoid paying a fair price for those natural resources that the world's tech runs on. The call is coming from inside the house. Europe is not some victim here. Maybe the average every day European is to some extent, but Europe's ruling class is a collaborator to America's disastrous and exploitative foreign policy, not a victim of it.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The US is a country run by the descendants or European colonizers. It was the British who colonized carved the Middle East up and destabilized it in the first place. It was also Europeans who violently colonized the African continent and who in collaboration with the United States continue to pillage Africa's natural resources via arming violent militias to attack the civilian population so they can avoid paying a fair price for those natural resources that the world's tech runs on. The call is coming from inside the house. Europe is not some victim here. Maybe the average every day European is to some extent, but Europe's ruling class is a collaborator to America's disastrous and exploitative foreign policy, not a victim of it.

I agree with the overall sentiment here but worth remembering Europe is many nations, some of whom have no real colonial or imperial history to speak of unless you’re going back like millennia.

outlawz

I was specifically referring to some European countries like the Scandinavians who are taking in a disproportionate amount of refugees (which is tearing their countries apart) compared to their role in the affairs.

Batman

I agree with the overall sentiment here but worth remembering Europe is many nations, some of whom have no real colonial or imperial history to speak of unless you’re going back like millennia.
Of course, but they are also all benefitting from the exploitation and oppression of people in the countries the refugees are coming from. We all are, regardless of whether we want that to be the case so while I can certainly sympathize with the average European who has legitimate concerns about unchecked immigration, I also think there has to be some empathy and understanding on their part that the quality of life they feel is being threatened is one they have in large part because of the exploitation of other people and denying them the same quality of life.

Batman

I was specifically referring to some European countries like the Scandinavians who are taking in a disproportionate amount of refugees (which is tearing their countries apart) compared to their role in the affairs.
I understand the distinction that you're making, I'm just pointing out that everyone is benefitting from the exploitation and as long as the exploitation is still going on, the problem will persist. It's only going to get worse year on year as we start seeing a surge in climate refugees in addition to those fleeing violent conflicts. Again, we can get into who is driving the vehicle vs who is just sitting in it, but the reality is that as long as the vehicle is speeding out of control, these issues will persist and get worse.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Going by Kroos’ logic then this would be the England team:

View attachment 25831

They’d be lucky to finish bottom of their qualifying group 😭 noticed a common theme whenever I browse Twitter it’s always the accounts with some ai generated photo or no profile pic that are spewing the most hatred. A bunch of cowards that hide how they feel in person.

When Ben White realises he can't even get a start in Toni's Racist 11...

latest

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

2024 Summer Transfers Deadline

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, July 19

Marseille would offer around £20m for Eddie Nketiah, but it’s likely that Arsenal would ask for more [Alan Nixon - The Sun]

West Ham are frontrunners to sign Reiss Nelson and a fee of £15m-20m could be enough to clinch a deal [Evening Standard]

Inter and Juventus have asked Arsenal about loaning Jakub Kiwior, but the club will only let him leave on a permanent transfer [Goal Poland]

Academy striker Chido Obi-Martin visited Manchester United’s training ground to discuss a move to the club [AcademyScoop]

Crystal Palace are preparing a £30m bid for Emile Smith Rowe [Ed Aarons - The Guardian]

Latest posts

Top Bottom