• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tonny Sanabria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Seriously 12M? Glad we didn't sign him. we spent nearly 15M on AOC and we still waiting for him to improve and we have Gnabry also.

E

Enoch

yousif_arsenal said:
Seriously 12M? Glad we didn't sign him. we spent nearly 15M on AOC and we still waiting for him to improve and we have Gnabry also.

But that £12 million rising to £15 million is going to Southampton. Roma paid the €3 million release clause and are pouring €9 million into Sanabria and his agent, that is ridiculous. The Farca fans don't care about his departure and are happy that he's taken his "bad attitude" with him.

Sounds like we dodged a bullet.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Enoch said:
yousif_arsenal said:

But that £12 million rising to £15 million is going to Southampton. Roma paid the €3 million release clause and are pouring €9 million into Sanabria and his agent, that is ridiculous. The Farca fans don't care about his departure and are happy that he's taken his "bad attitude" with him.

Sounds like we dodged a bullet.

Are you sure because I read the release clause had risen to 12m. If he really is a world class prospect, ie Lukaku then it's a snip to be honest.

E

Enoch

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Are you sure because I read the release clause had risen to 12m. If he really is a world class prospect, ie Lukaku then it's a snip to be honest.

I've never heard a release clause rise mate, usually whatever the amount is its set on that, i'm not familiar with all the rules to be honest, but I've never heard of such thing before. The likes of Costa and Draxler have release clauses, if we were to bid the amount it says for them, then the teams have to accept it, they cant turn around and say "no no, give us more", its written in players contract.

eye4goal

Established Member
His clause increases to €12m if they promote him to the senior squad, which Barca were trying to do. Its still hard to believe Roma would be such a big fee

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Enoch said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

I've never heard a release clause rise mate, usually whatever the amount is its set on that, i'm not familiar with all the rules to be honest, but I've never heard of such thing before. The likes of Costa and Draxler have release clauses, if we were to bid the amount it says for them, then the teams have to accept it, they cant turn around and say "no no, give us more", its written in players contract.

Contracts have clauses and hence release clauses can increase. For instance Costa/Draxler have supposedly got release clauses that are only applicable in the summer. Other players have release clauses that go up if the player is at a club longer and such.

Supposedly Barce thought Sanabria's release clause went up to 12m Euros with him making a certain number of appearances for Barce B. Now this maybe fabricated but it could be true, I really don't know and who knows maybe he didn't move for nearly that much?

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
VancouverCanuck said:
Sydney Gooner said:
Now just watch him become the next Falcao at Roma.
Because every prospect that we fail to buy will become a world class player? :)

Let me put it this way knowing our luck I wouldn't be at all surprised if we ended up regretting not signing him a few years from now.

ArsenalDNA

"knowing our luck" :lol:

Do you want me to bookmark this thread or have you already gone ahead and done it yourself.

Can't have you missing an opportunity to revive this bad boy when your wishlisting the next flavour of the month manager in 3 years, because Wenger missed an opportunity to pick up a greedy 17 year old.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
ArsenalDNA said:
"knowing our luck" :lol:

Do you want me to bookmark this thread or have you already gone ahead and done it yourself.

Can't have you missing an opportunity to revive this bad boy when your wishlisting the next flavour of the month manager in 3 years, because Wenger missed an opportunity to pick up a greedy 17 year old.

I hope he does become another Ricky Álvarez rather than a Ibrahimovic, CR7, Di Maria or Yaya Toure. But if he's a world beater I for one won't slate Wenger for it there are plenty of reasons to slate him but failing to sign another kid isn't one of them even if we could do with another a striker in his age group in our reserves. I'm well aware that you win some and lose some with kids.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
celestis said:
Our luck is pretty good Syd , always has been . Always .

I don't know we've missed out on quite a a lot of kids that turned out to be world class players. According to Wenger we could've gotten CR7, Ibrahimović, Yaya Toure, Drogba, Cech, Di Maria, Falcao, Chicharito. I may have forgotten a few as well.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Sydney Gooner said:
celestis said:

I don't know we've missed out on quite a a lot of kids that turned out to be world class players. According to Wenger we could've gotten CR7, Ibrahimović, Yaya Toure, Drogba, Cech, Di Maria, Falcao, Chicharito. I may have forgotten a few as well.

How about the young players we have got over the years - RVP, Anelka, Fabregas, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cashley, Sagna, Gnabry

There will always be some that get away

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Sydney Gooner said:
celestis said:

Yeah but we got Club changers like Anelka , Henry , Vieira , Kolo Toure, Ramsey under Uniteds nose lol . Fabregas was a massive , massive coup oh and Özil , luck had a part in that .

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

celestis said:
Yeah but we got Club changers like Anelka , Henry , Vieira , Kolo Toure, Ramsey under Uniteds nose lol . Fabregas was a massive , massive coup oh and Özil , luck had a part in that .

Yep and we also have big talents like the Ox, Dan Crowley, Zelalem, Bellerin perhaps even Akpom.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sydney Gooner said:
celestis said:

No doubt some great players got away but I dare say there is a longer list of top talented young teens who we passed over who completely flopped. As it is we have a more than decent track record in developing talent into superstars.

Buhry

Established Member

Vinci said:

u_wot_m8-89281.gif

Strong career choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom