• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Too Loyal or Too Greedy to go?

Why did PV4 stay at Arsenal?

• He just adores Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MADrid didn't offer him enough cash

• MADrid didn't offer Arsenal enough cash

• Total voters

Biggus

Established Member
This is bad news that Paddy is staying -
Same next year then-
Only 1 year left on his contract -
Worth less money-
Team continues to be built around him-
Exellent young players will not get much chance to impress.
:( :( :(

ethanen

voted for option 2...
its all 'bout the money
vieira earns 50k-60k a week at arsenal and he was tempted cause he thought madrid would give him 100k-120k (which i cant blame him for, thats a difference of millions.)
but madrid only offered him only the same wage he earns at arsenal and arsenal offer him a payrise.
so now he sees the big money is at arsenal not madrid so now he wants to stay "because of ties to the club"
greedy bastard
but as long as he plays well and gives 100%.. **** it

AFCG7

Established Member
yeh but what happens next year when he only has one more year remaining on his contract..we'll have to sell him for peanuts, like Liverpool did with Owen.

ethanen

next year he'll have 2 more years remaining (2007). and i think he is offered a extension anyway.
why do you think we'll have to sell him at all??

We can all devote more pages to the never ending debate on his real (excuse the pun) motives for staying but we'll never really know the truth only Paddy knows why!

But don't you all find it strange that after weeks and weeks of decieding his future and looking a certainty to join Real, its the very day after he negotiates his contrat that he decideds to stay? If Veiria had come out a week ago before disccussing how much dosh he would (or wouldn't in this case) be getting from Madrid I feel more reassured? Now there is the possiblity hes telling the truth and he realised at the very last minute there when was no turning back that he didn't really want to sign for Madrid but I find the conincedence a little hard to believe!

If a player dosen't get the contract he wants from the club after his signature, what choice does he have but to come back grovelling to his current club. He was hardly going to come out today and say Real wont offer me what I want so I guess I'll have to stay at Arsenal. IF it was over money Paddy gave the only repsonse he could of today.

I may be wrong and I'm sure theres plenty of you out there who believe him and i hope your right but its unsettling if our captin isn't satisfied where he is and always has an eye on a move away?

ethanen

I agree with your theory, but I dont think he is unhappy here.
I think he was just looking for that extra 2 million quid a year.

Biggus

Established Member
i would say he stayed cos he loved this club just like us!!
else he would have left when madrid first came in and not be in a dilenma

dreeeeam dreamdreamdreamdream whenever I want you all I have to do is dream :roll:

juz7_pi12es

AFCG7 said:
yeh but what happens next year when he only has one more year remaining on his contract..we'll have to sell him for peanuts, like Liverpool did with Owen.
isn't it 3 years left?

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom