• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Top 10 PL GKs of all time

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
In no order;

Schmeichel
Seaman
Allison
Van Der Saar
Nigel Martyn
Cech
Kasper Schmeichel
De Gea
Courtois
Lehmann

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

1. Schmeichel
2. Cech
3. Seaman
4. Van Der Sar
5. Lehmann
6. Given
7. Friedel
8. Jaaskelainen
9. Martyn
10. Courtois

EinmalImmerEwig

Bent on his knees by asking to get banned !
1 - Cech
2 - Schmeichel
3- Seaman
4 - Van der Sar
5 - Lehmann
6 - de Gea
7 - Courtois
8 - Ederson
9 -Alisson
10 - Southall

I want Spunky as Nr. 1, but it's Schmeichel. I still couldn't put him 'officially' as my choice for Nr. 1 as he's also one of the biggest ****s to ever play football

Actually, **** it.

Nr. 1 David Seaman
Nr. 2 any of the other ****s in my original list

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Schmeichel
Seaman
Cech
Martyn
Van Der Sar
Lehmann
Friedel
Given
Jaaskelainen
Niemi

Bloodbather

Established Member

Peter Schmeichel
Edwin van der Sar
Petr Čech
David Seaman
Jens Lehmann
David de Gea
Brad Friedel
Nigel Martyn
Shay Given
Jussi Jääskeläinen

Alisson will get there once he has the longevity.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Schmeichel
Van der Sar
Cech
Seaman
de Gea
Lehmann
David James
Friedel
Alisson
Given

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Schmeichel
Van Der Sar
Seaman
Cech
De Gea
Friedel
Given
Reina
Lloris
Howard

Never really liked Lehman felt he could have been improved on. Goalkeepers were Wengers achillles heel.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Many people leaving de gea out for random others, carried united for god knows how long
He was an absolute cheat code for ~5 years. I'd argue that he had the highest shot-stopping peak of any keeper in the history of the league – that 1-3 at the Emirates was completely absurd.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Many people leaving de gea out for random others, carried united for god knows how long

Yeah, surprised me as well. Feel like they may have forgotten him, because it's pretty inexplicable otherwise.

10. Howard

Good shout, forgot about him. Has to go into my Top 10 instead of Given and Jääskeläinen.

Julio Cesar and Almunia in the mix.

Júlio César was class for Inter, to be fair to him.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Lehmann was perhaps too erratic to be regarded as top 10, but his performance in the 2005 FA Cup final is perhaps the best goalkeeper performance I have ever seen. That Rooney got the MoM was a complete joke.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
his performance in the 2005 FA Cup final is perhaps the best goalkeeper performance I have ever seen. That Rooney got the MoM was a complete joke.

The fat, diving gimp can have the man of the match...Jens was happy to walk away with the trophy! ;)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Schmeichel, Seaman, Cech, Van Der Saar, and De Gea are top 5 of all time.

Allison, Lloris, Courtois, Given and Martyn make up the other 5.

You feel Lehmann should be in just for being an invincible but others were just more consistent for longer. Ederson pushes himself into that top 10 by the time he finishes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
De Gea for 4/5 years looked supernatural, he was making saves that got you off the chair in shock.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Allison, Lloris, Courtois, Given and Martyn make up the other 5.

Do Allison and Courtois really have the longevity required though? Allison is only in his 3rd season, and Courtois only played in four seasons.

Long-tenured good goalkeepers like Brad Friedel, Tim Howard and Jussi Jääskeläinen should be acknowledged before them, imo.

You feel Lehmann should be in just for being an invincible but others were just more consistent for longer.

Fair point about this, though. Lehmann also lacks the longevity in the PL. For the sake of consistency, I should probably drop him from my Top 10 also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom