• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Torsten Frings

kooldawg

Established Member
Also provides us with a genuine long range goal threat.

Dont think its going to be likely though, but if Wenger wants a short term stop gap solution and his price is cheap i can see it happening.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i rate him highly and he's exactly what we need in midfield, but to pay a transfer fee for a 31 yr old is not good business. great player though.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He is an excellent leader on pitch and has a high stamina. Unfortunately he is underrated in Germany same as any other player who does not play for Bayern.
He would be an immense addition to our squad, but as many have said it, can't really see it happening. It s usual media bollocks.

Zico

Established Member
Give me this guy. Takes dead balls much better than Fabregas. He's also mobile like Flamini, but much better technically, in his shooting, passing ability. Works both ends of the midfield. He has really impressed me in the two games, even with Germany losing one. If he's available for 4 million quid, it would be a great deal for two or three top years from this guy.

Anzac

Established Member
His age is what puts this into question - AW doesn't tend to keep anyone over 30 other than GK & CBs, unless they are an rare talent like DB.

JazzG

Established Member
You just know that if we lose a match and he is in our team the newspapers are gonna be saying "Frings can only get better"

I'll get my coat....

Canuck

Established Member
I'm not sure there's much meat to this rumour but I would be very happy if Wenger did move for Frings.
I like him a lot. Good range of passing, tough in the tackle. Can shoot from distance and deliver a dead ball. Not to mention he's vastly experienced. I would actually see it as an improvement on Flamini.
Only his age to possibly count against him.

number_0

Established Member
I always rated frings, he shows up in big games like against bremen, real and barca in the CL, also scored one of the most amazing WC goals ever.
Hope he comes here, he is 31 and this is his last call on the european succcess train.

Anzac

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
Anzac said:
His age is what puts this into question - AW doesn't tend to keep anyone over 30 other than GK & CBs, unless they are an rare talent like DB.

.....Or Big Berts :)

:lol:

or is that a scenario where AW has backed himself into a corner - the original plan being to have Diarra as #1 from Flamini with the change in style, but now he has no immediate options as they've gone & the likes of Song, Denilson, Diaby etc have yet to step up (not that htey've been given much opportunity in the role last season).

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
I honestly cant answer that question mate, its Wenger that makes the final decisions on players. Ive had my say on players and given my reviews thoughout the course of 07/08. The past is the past.

Im recharging my batteries, focusing on the transfer rumour side, player watch during the Euros and preparing for the new season

Anzac

Established Member
Speaking of which I don't get to see a bloody thing as I can't get SBS or Sentanta!!! Really wanted to watch the 2 Group of Death matches that Holland have played.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/18/Premier-League-Frings-agent-on-Newcastle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... Newcastle/</a>

xcdude24

Established Member
Wouldn't mind him coming in and being a short-term solution while one of our other young midfielders develops.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Would be a good Stop-gap, i know hes 31, but if Barry proves expensive and doubts persist about other targets, he would probably do the job until either Diaby or Denilson prove capable of filling Gilberto/Flamini's hole.

kamikaze80

Established Member
frings would be a good stopgap, and a much more sensible option at a nominal transfer fee (lets say, 4m). barry is soooo obviously not happening, i find it laughable that people here are even entertaining the idea that gareth barry would be the clubs record signing. what a joke!

atmosphere

Why would Frings come here on a one year contract, which is all he'll get being over 30?

Even if he did and played well, after a year he'd demand a better contract and possibly more than a year extension and we'd let him go because we don't do extensions of more than a year to players over 30 and then you'd all start crying about it...

This makes no sense at all.

Top Bottom