• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Toure v Upson

Would you rather have Upson or Toure?

• K'lo the magnificent

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mathew Upson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 96,00.html

Tackles made                     26                 17              39
 Tackles won                    65%                88%           72%
 Blocks                     12                   7              12
 Clearances                     124                  92              134

Seems our Toure is a little bit special (we all knew didn't we?).

Upson may have been a short term mistake but Toure has more tha made up for that.

beaney

K-Lo is the man! :mrgreen:

some good figures there, hes been a real gem.

wonder if his brother will join us.....? would be nic wouldnt it guys?!?!

apparently hes better than K-Lo :shock:

every one made a deal about selling upson in the press.i had great faith in wenger at the time and look at how he's turned kolo into a class centre back. upson is good. but not international quality.

KoLo28

hopefully his brother will join and take over from paddy when he's gone. kolo's been a revelation and is our rock in defense, i just hope supporters wont change there thoughts when he makes one mistake, cos its bound to happen sooner rather later. kolo - gooner for life (hopefully)

Gunner Ossie

perrygroves said:
every one made a deal about selling upson in the press.i had great faith in wenger at the time and look at how he's turned kolo into a class centre back. upson is good. but not international quality.

How could you say that Wenger turned Kolo into a class centre back when kolo was already a centreback before he came to arsenal? Wenger only deseres credit for buying him.

The Mini

Selling Upson was what cost us last seasons double, but if the stats are correct then we have a perfect partnership... it's a shame that Kolo has already played for Ivory Coast, we could help become an England player

Guns and Arses

Toure is more of an all-rounder. He can tackle, he can dribble, he can pass, he can head, I'll certainly choose him over Upson.

A

Anonymous

kolo is a good player and is learning

upson is a average player

nnn

Kolo is somewhat of a superman and an all-round talent. Upson is a carbon copy of Campbell, just quite a bit less good.

Kolo is great, but needs to improve in a few areas, namely reading of the game and decision making , if he gets them spot on he will be top class. It would be nice if he could become a defensive leader, although thats probably asking too much.

torgrim

Remember when Kolo got that crappy goal against Chelski last season? He ran all the way to Wenger to thank him, and the desire and emotion he displayed really meant alot to me. He's fairly unorthodox as an CB, he's quite attacking and able to deliver passes and create opportunities for his teammates. The man is gold.

kNiteMare

:eek: w00t!! I am the only one who vote for upson

anyway, it is kinda sypathy vote i guess, but he is better than toure in the air aint he? You guys are all gunning for upson when he isnt that bad... he's just never given the chance, hell, even cygan was higher in the pecking order.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Kolo's the Man

He has helped transform our defence and the way he has played so far has made me very proud.

:) GO TOURE :)

orion

Kolo is Magic. But I still would have liked Arsène to have had more faith in Matthew. Arsène is a God in my books, but even they can make mistakes at times and that's what I personally think happened there.

Guns and Arses

kNiteMare said:
:eek: w00t!! I am the only one who vote for upson

anyway, it is kinda sypathy vote i guess, but he is better than toure in the air aint he? You guys are all gunning for upson when he isnt that bad... he's just never given the chance, hell, even cygan was higher in the pecking order.
Toure is better in the air. He scored a few goals with his head last season and now he's good at heading crosses away.

The Mini

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Mini - would you care to rationalise that comment ...

What? the Englannd Part... Cuducini is about to become a British Citizen and an England International. The latter because he has never played for Italy, so he qualifies. If Kolo had never played for the Ivory Coast then in a few years he would qualify as a British Citizen and England International

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom