• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Trésor Mputu

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=65358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=65358</a>

the next eto'o? very nice

it also says that he scored 9 goals from 6 games in the african champions league which got him the top goalscorer and his team didn't even get through to the group stages. sounds like a very promising youngster, but then where would that leave bendtner?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
should be a good signing. its the first time we are signing a more known african and highly rated as well.

if wenger is impressed with him in training, i am excited

Thommybhoy

Established Member
20 year old striker. Nice, and if AW is impressed I'm looking forward to see him play. So I guess he could be added to our first team instantly.
But that means we would really have many strikers. What about Vela return now? I thought that is as good as done that he joins us this winter. So somebody is off to lean or somebody will be sold? Is he really a full striker as they said on Arsenal.com or is he AW signing? Almost every attacking position player?

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Thommybhoy said:
20 year old striker. Nice, and if AW is impressed I'm looking forward to see him play. So I guess he could be added to our first team instantly.
But that means we would really have many strikers. What about Vela return now? I thought that is as good as done that he joins us this winter. So somebody is off to lean or somebody will be sold? Is he really a full striker as they said on Arsenal.com or is he AW signing? Almost every attacking position player?

if i'm not mistaken, he used to play as a winger before.

and that's just as much as i know about him.

M+D

Established Member
^^^ Vela plays on the left of a front three in an ideal world, but can play either as a centre forward or as a left winger if needed.

As for Mputu, if he becomes "the next Eto'o", then brilliant, if not, it's no real loss. A win-win situation.

kooldawg

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
^^^ Vela plays on the left of a front three in an ideal world, but can play either as a centre forward or as a left winger if needed.

As for Mputu, if he becomes "the next Eto'o", then brilliant, if not, it's no real loss. A win-win situation.

agreed.

Vela will probably be utilized like Reyes was on the left.

-Shaun-

I haven't seen him play before, but from what I have heard he is a talent. He seems to have that goalscoring ability, and he could be a big player in the Premier League. I must say I didn't think that Wenger would give him a mention unless we had signed him! So maybe thats a sign, he could well be coming here permanently. It is not like Wenger to admit anything in transfer terms, it shocked me a bit.

Not as young as some, 20 years-old. I would really get excited about this guy if he was 16-18 year-old. Anyway, at least he can get a work permit. We will only sign him if he has a future here, so we will see as to whether he will end up here- that will be interesting to find out. It seems as though "Le Boss" sounds generally excited by Tresor Mputu- a player which I am sure we will see shine at Arsenal. About being dubbed the: "New Samuel Eto' o", well, frankly the whole thing is unessecary. I can not stand it when the media compare a young, talented prospect to a world-class player. It just annoys me, but, hey, if he turns out anything like Eto' o then we can be excited as well. I have no doubt that Tresor Mputu will end up at Arsenal.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
kooldawg said:
Merida+Denilson said:

agreed.

Vela will probably be utilized like Reyes was on the left.

But hes 18 and may even get that number 18 shirt too

longrufus

Established Member
I think he'll get a deal to be honest, we have a very strong attacking line up, so i cant see Wenger going out and spending money.

What he is likely to do, is take a chance on a young player like Mputu, who would not cost that much and could turn out to be a quality player. Its low risk with the possibility of a large gain

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
could you just imagine if he turns into another gem like Toure or Fabregas? becoming a top player for next to peanuts?

wouldnt surprise me... this is what Wenger does...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom