• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Trésor Mputu

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Tresor Mputu, as has recently been reported on this site, has finished a ten day trial at Arsenal but as yet there are no news.

This is after Wenger himself stated that he was impressed with the player and the player’s agent predicting that the deal was as good as done!

Mputu certainly impressed the African contingent at Arsenal. It is reported that they laid out a dinner for him the day before he left to return to Congo where Adebayor even told him that his skills deserve to be displayed in Europe.

"The Football you practice is good enough for European countries such as France where you should certainly have been."

Arsène Wenger is delaying making a decision on the matter despite recognising the player’s qualities:

"He has qualities, but he has never played in Europe. Maybe we'll pursue it, but it will be on a six to seven-month plan, you know, you get the guy in to adapt, and then we'll see how well he does."

It appears that Wenger is delaying making a decision so that he can also assess Bulgarian Dimitrov who has started his trial at Arsenal this week.

However this dithering has energised Standard Liege’s sports director, Dominique D'Onofrio, who had shown a very keen interest to bring Mputu to Belgium prior to Arsenal “high jacking” the player.

“We sent the invitation to the player, it is up to him to decide. For his first experience in Europe Standard Liege can be a good step”. We will not wait forever"
http://arsenalanalysis.blogspot.com/

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
well, doesnt sound like the deal is dead, but if Dmitrov's trial went as well as everyone thinks it did, maybe Mputu will not be signed and the Bulgarian kid will....

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Someone's gotta be signed. That's all I care. The guy (whoever) will probably be loaned out for 2 seasons anyways. I like both players but I think Dimitrov is an Arsenal type of player with his cheeky runs and fancy footwork. Mputu's probably the bulky tough kinda striker

number_0

Established Member
cant find the link atm.
but i read that wigan are intersted in signing mputo.
what a suprise :roll:

Glovegun

Established Member
Not sure why we'd be interested in him tbh. We've already got van Persie, Adebayor, Bendtner and Eduardo, plus Walcott who'll surely end up there, as well as a lot of young talent in Murphy, Barazite, Sunu, Freeman, Vela etc. You'd expect at least one of that latter quintet to be pushing for a first-team spot in 3 or 4 years time.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
Mr. Hotshot said:
Apparently Mputu's 'balls' kicking ability is what impresses Wenger the most lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcLcsYsdvSA

is that the guy? i swear he did the same thing in the ACON last time round. think he'll need to stop doing that.

Yup. Crazy guy. btw that Angola defender is a very good player. I watched him in the ACN and he's a really strong and aggresive player but lacks concentration at times. Good athlete tho. Just sharing my opinion.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom