• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day 2013/2014 Winter

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Wenger won't buy a striker who is superior to Giroud. We probably wouldve played Suarez in the LW or as a really forward AM.

Anzac

Established Member
North5 said:
Wenger won't buy a striker who is superior to Giroud. We probably wouldve played Suarez in the LW or as a really forward AM.

Would Suarez have replaced Walcott in the 4222 set up,
or would AW have played all 3 of Giroud, Suarez & Walcott & dropped both Podolski & Cazorla & only retained Özil?
(I think AW would have signed Özil even with Suarez - he's too good not to do so).

Chappers

Webdesignlab said:
Bloody hell, Anzac SUFFERS for Arsenal ... you think he is happy LOL?

**** off.

Why the feck should he suffer right now? We're in a good position. There are times when criticism is valid and times when you should be happy and unless I'm completely missed the memo we should back the club and be pleased where we're currently at.

I find this constant need to put a negative spin on everything taxing and it's been like this for over a decade now. Why can't we be happy when things are going well and be critical when it's justifiable? It's not like he's been happy the last half a season either which makes you scratch your head.

I don't want to focus on Anzac and it was perhaps wrong of me to single him out but I couldn't help myself because finally he'll have something valid to moan about.

Chappers

To you especially Anzac, I don't dislike you but we're so far apart and you have such firm beliefs that it rubs me the wrong way. It took me over a month before I started responding but to me it was strange that you seem not to enjoy the moment. It doesn't justify some of my comments though so I'll try to accept your views as valued as my own (it would be bigotry of me to suggest otherwise) and bury the axe.

I apologise for my behaviour :wink: .

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Anzac said:
North5 said:

Would Suarez have replaced Walcott in the 4222 set up,
or would AW have played all 3 of Giroud, Suarez & Walcott & dropped both Podolski & Cazorla & only retained Özil?
(I think AW would have signed Özil even with Suarez - he's too good not to do so).

Come now Anzac, we know Wenger wouldn't change formation. It'd be the front 3 of Suarez, Giroud and Theo with Cazorla as the AM.
I think it was one big singing that was going to happen and that was all. Özil was a bit of a "panic" buy in a way. An exceptionally amazing one, but a very lucky panic buy.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
It's all fantasy, but Wenger would've been looking to replace Giroud with Suarez. Apart from his height, Suarez is superior in every other area. Wenger also dropped Giroud for a period last season. Given we were linked to Di Maria for a while, Wenger's dream scenario was this:

Walcott - Suarez - Di Maria

Would've turned us into a lethal counter-attacking death machine.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Chappers said:
To you especially Anzac, I don't dislike you but we're so far apart and you have such firm beliefs that it rubs me the wrong way. It took me over a month before I started responding but to me it was strange that you seem not to enjoy the moment. It doesn't justify some of my comments though so I'll try to accept your views as valued as my own (it would be bigotry of me to suggest otherwise) and bury the axe.

Tbf most Wenger apologists react like that so its not particularly surprising. :wink:

Chappers

Sydney Gooner said:
Chappers said:

Tbf most Wenger apologists react like that so its not particularly surprising. :wink:

Don't make me hound your ass as well :wink:

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Chappers said:
Sydney Gooner said:
Chappers said:

Don't make me hound your ass as well :wink:

images

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Chappers ... that is a real man LOL. Can admit when he was wrong (in the delivery not the actual sense).

I think to argue either way right after the pretty diabolical tranny window is a bad idea for everybody.

Let the dust settle, and we will all be back to backing the team.

Anzac

Established Member
Chappers said:

Like you I find it tiring how far too many posters don't actually read/comprehend the context of most of my posts & automatically assume they are immediately criticising or anti-AW from the off. It has happened a number of times this season where people have got the wrong end of the stick and made assumptions based upon my reputation, rather than looking at the context.

As I responded to AntG earlier in another thread I am enjoying this season on merit, and I do not 'dislike' AW & think he deserves a lot of credit for what he has done for the team and for the club, however I have fundamental issues with his priorities and methodologies so far as being the best we can.
For a long time I simply wanted him to change/amend his ways, but I've come to the conclusion that he is less likely to do so the longer he maintains this direction.

Perhaps my 'motivation' would be clearer if I explained that my occupation for more than 30 years has been based upon a core of investigating cause & effect, troubleshooting, and planning. I am supposed to pull things apart and to play Devil's Advocate to discover their 'weaknesses' in order to make them stronger and more robust. I am supposed to ask the unpopular questions and to tell the higher management what they need to know/consider rather than what they want to hear. Context.

End of the day I don't take it personally, and kudos to you for extending the olive branch as such, and I appreciate the gesture.

:) 8))

Kanonier

We messed up in the summer with Luis Suarez. We should've bid £60 Million as he is worth every penny and we would be killing it right now! The sad thing about being an Arsenal supporter is that we are always 1-2 signings away from being world class, but we fail to materialize. I understood the lack of funds due to the new stadium and the competition against the likes of Chelsea and ManCity, but we don't have money problems now so there is no excuse. We need world class players to take Arsenal to the level that we all deserve. No more excuses!

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Kanonier said:
We messed up in the summer with Luis Suarez. We should've bid £60 Million as he is worth every penny and we would be killing it right now! The sad thing about being an Arsenal supporter is that we are always 1-2 signings away from being world class, but we fail to materialize. I understood the lack of funds due to the new stadium and the competition against the likes of Chelsea and ManCity, but we don't have money problems now so there is no excuse. We need world class players to take Arsenal to the level that we all deserve. No more excuses!

captain-hindsight-300x221.jpg

TheCourier

Sydney Gooner said:
Chappers said:

I think you'll find that many just don't react at all to some of the media led opinions (garbage) that's posted about wenger and the team on ths form as it's not worth the type.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom