• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day 2013/2014 Winter

GoonerBoy19

tap-in said:
Another option closed.

Dimitar Berbatov is on his way to Monaco. Quite literally on his way - he's en route to the French Riviera right now.

The Guardian live

Thank god. Giroud,Bendtner,Arteta,Kim Kallstorm,Berbatov would have been lot of pace in the squad. :wink:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'm staying away from this today now, it could go down as the worst Arsenal transfer window in years.

From Draxler to Kallstrom, stay strong lads. :lol:

blrgooner

Established Member
According to many twitter sources, There are bigger options than Kallstorm we are looking at.
I don`t know why people are getting all worked up over Kallstorm. I expected no one in the midfield. Kallstorm is better than no one.
If we end up signing only Kallstorm, Then its a very poor transfer window for us IMO.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

trunks206 said:
Holtby to Fulham on loan is done.

But he is even better than Özil, why on earth would they loan him out!? Sp**s fans must be devastated.

Caz19

Vinci said:
trunks206 said:
Holtby to Fulham on loan is done.

But he is even better than Özil, why on earth would they loan him out!? Sp**s fans must be devastated.

They have Eriksen and Siggurdson who are both also better then Özil. At least according to the typical Sp**s brain, which is extremely big and intelligent.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
"I wonder who we'll sign." "Well, whoever it is, Arsène knows best; I trust him implicitly." "It's Kim Kallstrom." "WENGER IS USELESS."

Sums up Arsenal fans. our fans acting likes we are 10th in the league and we need a world class signings to save our season its really embarrassing.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/01/31/4584241/arsenal-in-talks-to-sign-klose-and-kallstrom?ICID=HP_BN_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/tra ... ID=HP_BN_1</a>

Its goal.com so don't take it seriously they are saying we are in talks with Klose.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Let's not act like every signing Wenger makes of an experienced older player is a master stroke.

Silvestre, Santos and Squillaci were abominable.

The only thing Kallstrom has going for him is that his surname doesn't being with an S.

blrgooner

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
"I wonder who we'll sign." "Well, whoever it is, Arsène knows best; I trust him implicitly." "It's Kim Kallstrom." "WENGER IS USELESS."

Sums up Arsenal fans. our fans acting likes we are 10th in the league and we need a world class signings to save our season its really embarrassing.
Exactly!!!!!

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Klose would be great to be fair, still a really good player, but I can't see Lazio letting him go.

blrgooner

Established Member
Johnny_Blaze said:
Let's not act like every signing Wenger makes of an experienced older player is a master stroke.

Silvestre, Santos and Squillaci were abominable.

The only thing Kallstrom has going for him is that his surname doesn't being with an S.
Yes they were. Because they were bought to play in a position where we needed someone and played quite a few games.
Did you really think yesterday that we will be signing a CM?

Cruisio

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:

To be fair it's not really that is it?

It's that we all recognise this is the closest we've been to winning the league in years, we've got a seemingly unstoppable force like City ahead of us and we all know we're probably one top drawer forward away from being a complete team (and perhaps a midfielder) we've all seen us fall short before and it's far more likely we will again without quality additions than we will with them

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
It's just a little bemusing that we're wasting our time on a midfielder. Other than maybe the next month or so, this guy will be redundant unless we get an injury pile up in midfield. When Ramsey and Flamini are back he'll be 3rd in line for defensive midfield and 3rd in line (if not further back) for the other midfield role. Maybe a 2 or 3 month loan would have made more sense.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Lazio signed Postiga from Valencia few days ago so they could be willing Letting Klose out.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
CurryFlavoured said:
It's just a little bemusing that we're wasting our time on a midfielder. Other than maybe the next month or so, this guy will be redundant unless we get an injury pile up in midfield. When Ramsey and Flamini are back he'll be 3rd in line for defensive midfield and 3rd in line (if not further back) for the other midfield role. Maybe a 2 or 3 month loan would have made more sense.

Because you care about the additional 3 months wages that we are going to have to pay?

Webdesignlab

Established Member
We are not fighting for our season ffs. We are fighting for the title for the first time in .... a bloody long one.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Cruisio said:
yousif_arsenal said:

To be fair it's not really that is it?

It's that we all recognise this is the closest we've been to winning the league in years, we've got a seemingly unstoppable force like City ahead of us and we all know we're probably one top drawer forward away from being a complete team (and perhaps a midfielder) we've all seen us fall short before and it's far more likely we will again without quality additions than we will with them

Sums up perfectly how I'm feeling at least. I don't necessarily mind the Kallstrom signing, we need a short-term fix in midfield with Flamini, Ramsey and Wilshere gone and that's exactly what he'll be. He's very experienced and a good passer of the ball, so assuming his legs haven't gone yet he'll be ok I suspect. But if Wenger seriously thinks we can go head-to-head with the big blue machine from Manchester whilst we are relying on the likes of Sanogo, Bendtner and Gnabry to contribute to our attack, we're completely screwed. Apparently we still have lots of money in the bank too, to make matters worse. We needed an extra attacker before Theo went down, doubly so now that he's gone for the season.

Top Bottom