• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day 2013/2014 Winter

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Cudareli said:
Because you care about the additional 3 months wages that we are going to have to pay?

Excuse me for making a suggestion. I don't necessarily think it's sensible either way, just pointing out that the chance of him getting on the pitch when Flamini and Ramsey are back are slim to none. FWIW I think it's a bit of a waste of time either way - 6 months, 2 months, whatever. I don't think he'll be of much use in any case, my main qualm is that we're spending our time on this when there should be bigger fish to fry.

blrgooner

Established Member
Kroket said:
Cruisio said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
"I wonder who we'll sign." "Well, whoever it is, Arsène knows best; I trust him implicitly." "It's Kim Kallstrom." "WENGER IS USELESS."

Sums up Arsenal fans. our fans acting likes we are 10th in the league and we need a world class signings to save our season its really embarrassing.

To be fair it's not really that is it?

It's that we all recognise this is the closest we've been to winning the league in years, we've got a seemingly unstoppable force like City ahead of us and we all know we're probably one top drawer forward away from being a complete team (and perhaps a midfielder) we've all seen us fall short before and it's far more likely we will again without quality additions than we will with them

Sums up perfectly how I'm feeling at least. I don't necessarily mind the Kallstrom signing, we need a short-term fix in midfield with Flamini, Ramsey and Wilshere gone and that's exactly what he'll be. He's very experienced and a good passer of the ball, so assuming his legs haven't gone yet he'll be ok I suspect. But if Wenger seriously thinks we can go head-to-head with the big blue machine from Manchester whilst we are relying on the likes of Sanogo, Bendtner and Gnabry to contribute to our attack, we're completely screwed. Apparently we still have lots of money in the bank too, to make matters worse. We needed an extra attacker before Theo went down, doubly so now that he's gone for the season.
I agree. But shouldn`t we say this after the transfer window has got closed?
I still think that Wenger will sign a striker/ wing forward.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO
Arsenal are weighing up a move for former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou on loan from Lille

LoL!

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Just when we thought these kind of deadline days were behind us. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Ok guys you really knew Wenger very well if We Ramsey and Walcott were fit to i'm 100% sure wenger would not signed anyone this window. last season he signed us Monreal cuz we had injury crisis in defense.

He is stubborn we can't do nothing about it really.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Frimpong leave Arsenal he has joined Barnsley Permanent deal.

Chelsea Signed Zouma but he will join Chelsea in the summer.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
"Kim Kallstrom has arrived at Arsenal training ground to complete talks, medical and loan deal. Could poss play Sunday"

Charisma

Kalou is trash. He's midtable quality not sure why AW admires him so much. Hopefully, its just a smokescreen because Kalou would be a terrible addition.

In my opinion, Klose ticks all the boxes that we need for a short term option upfront. The only way this deal will go through is if we offer them a few million to take him off their books as he only has 6 months left on his current deal.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Well Wenger still remains pretty bad in the transfer market....

Id honestly rather we sign nobody than this Kallstrom guy, sure we could do with a CM, but if he is s**t, then we might aswell wait till Rosicky and Wilshere are back.

And I think getting a striker is of more importance, I hope Wenger plans to address that today.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
How could I forget Park as a failed "experience" signing alongside Silvestre, Squillaci and Santos?

Ignore my "The only thing Kallstrom has going for him is that his surname doesn't being with an S" comment.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Spoken to Lille - they've received enquiries from PL clubs for Kalou but say absolutely no way he's leaving this window #bbcfootball #losc

Good we can rule out Kalou.

onetowatch

THunter said:
In the middle of a bastard title race and the best they can come up with is Kim ******* Kallstrom

FML.

Couldn't have put it better myself :mrgreen:

Though he'll be a useful squaddie I guess.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david
Kallstrom in London for medical & personal terms ahead of Arsenal loan move. #Afc unlikely to sign anyone else before deadline #bbcfootball

Ok now that's make me a bit angry Kallstrom alone won't be enough we need an attacker too.

Cruisio

Established Member
I was literally about to say yousif that you would be the first person up in arms if Kallstrom was the only one in :D

Some people never learn (not directed at you), usually the "negative posters" end up being bang on when it comes to being disappointed with our transfer dealings

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Agree Cruisio i just don't like the negative posts when we are doing well in the league but not signing an winger/striker its really make you a bit angry what we will do if Giroud get injured yes we have Lord Bendtner but he will not score every game and Podolski is not good enough as striker and walcott is injured.

Cruisio

Established Member
I know it isn't easy in January, especially to bring in top quality, but to not bring in anybody to play across the front line, anybody at all, is very frustrating.

We're repeating the same mistakes of the past

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If people are going to say it's not possible to sign good quality in January then they have to admit we failed in the summer. Either way we've cocked it up.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
It's impossible to sign anyone of note in this window. I feel for the club. No-one, especially our rivals, buy good players in the January window.

*Matic, Salah and Zouma sign for the rent boys*

*Mata signs for Man Utd*

*Liverpool on the verge of signing Konoplyanka"

Latest posts+

Top Bottom