• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2022: Much Edu About Nothing

Are you satisfied with our transfer window as a whole?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
How long until the fans call for Ben White to be played DM?

:lol:
Been calling it for since the begining of the season. We shouldn't be looking at backups we should be looking at players who can compete in positions, such as with Partey. Danilo looks like the man.

But aside from that I've always been impressed by Whites tenacity and technical ability. If we're looking for someone to help protect the back four then he is more then capable. It would simply allow Zinchenko to be more involved attacking side of things.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Arteta & Edu will be sorry if we have more then 3-4 players out injured when we play our NL derby over Sp**s, they have a full strenth squad, we get injuries & we've got to play a few academy players.

Kav

Established Member
It is the cumulative injuries and World Cup I’m worried about. Players will be doing their best to get into their national squads which means full commitment from most players going into challenges, etc.

On the flip side some players will go easier to avoid injuries. It’s really a toss up between inconsistent performances and injuries until November.

As I said before this season will be unique. More importantly having a bigger squad is vital for a season like this.

We however do not have such a luxury. Even with one Arteta’s not known to rotate much anyway. We better hope we don’t get cumulative injuries that overlap. That’s the stuff that ruins a season.

Regista21

Honest take - Arsenal should have went for 2 extra midfielders at the end of this transfer window. I would choose Tielemans and Sangaré. They would give the necessary depth and fluidity for the squad to be 100% for PL top 4 run and Europa League.
A forward could have waited for the next window.
In general, it was a big mistake from the Board to not give the funds necessary for this, but I believe they just got overconfident with the initial 5 wins.
My guess is Tielemans will move to Newcastle next season, especially if they get a Europa League spot.

Arsenal4life14

I'm disappointed we didn't get a couple more in, but I'm glad we didn't panic buy some more dossers that we'll have to end up letting go for free in a few years because they weren't good enough/didn't fit the system. Arteta is clearly looking at particular personalities and traits that he can work with but also that fit within the team and system. It finally looks like the dressing room is in a very good place now and everyone seems to be on board, That can easily become unsettled after buying a couple players that aren't right.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz

You spent 250m on transfers in last 8 months and say everyone against us 💀. What he expect PL club sell you thier best player for cheap? They know you owned by freaking country your 3rd kit is basically Saudi Arabia national team away kit have same shame.
Eddie Howe accusing Arsenal of over inflating outgoing transfer prices. Tinpot manager.

shaquille-o-neal-athlete.gif

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not sure what's wrong with these Villa fans. Getting a bit above their station.

ESR was never going there last summer.

Their interest was helpful for him getting better terms on his new contract here. It was as plain as day.

Don't really understand why they're holding a grudge. There are levels in football and Villa are a clear couple lower than us.
They're delusional everywhere. I was sat with some here in NYC for the FA Cup Final a few years ago and they really thought they were on par with us as a club. It was an absolutely joy watching their little faces drop as we smashed them.

I think it was good window given that our aim was top4. We will need players in January though.

But given our start of the season you cant help but think if we got two top signings like Neto and some midfielder we would be able to dream a little longer that we could do more than top4 this season.

We will have to see how the team copes with schedule now and we are asking our backup players to step up when called upon.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I think this is too negative. We basically have the same midfield as last year with Sambi having another year under his belt.

Think Arteta might subscribe to the Moyes philosophy of having a small and lean squad and rotate less. Just from his behavior so far he acts quite like him and he played under him for quite a while. Not sure I agree with that approach but that seems to be where we are.

Also think the main rotations will be in the cup games and they haven't started yet. So let's see what happens over the next couple of months. At least the start has been excellent.
Few things with this....

- The same midfield that ended up costing us top 4 because Partey kept getting injured?

- Moyes philosophy didn't work out too well last season when the europa League kicked in. I don't think they won a PL game after playing on Thursdays.

- What rotations? Thats the issue, we haven't got enough players for a cup team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom