• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2022: Much Edu About Nothing

Are you satisfied with our transfer window as a whole?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Ok maybe not yet.

But the way injuries are mounting up you should never think you’re above all options.
If Sambi gets injured, Xhaka will probably drop into his position and ESR will play the Xhaka role.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Douglas Luiz and Danilo shouldn't have been our only options. Should've had a loan option lined up as a fall back. Good transfer window overall, but a lousy way to end it.
I think that's a fair point especially considering we likely turned down the chance to sign Arthur though tbf I'm not sure he is suited to playing as a 6 in the prem?
I think we were confident we would be able to get Luiz in.
Player wanted to come 9 months left on contract. More than decent offer £25m.
Thing is Villa have very wealthy owners & they obvs just wanted to flex & look like a big club. It wasn't a rational decision many Villa fans can't believe they turned it down.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
We have 22 players plus 3 goalkeepers when we count Nelson, Marquinhos and Smith, which we should for UEL because the group is easy apart from PSV.

It's interesting to take a look at City. They have 19 players plus 3 goalkeepers when you count Palmer. But City has UCL where the matches are tougher.

Kinda weird how Pep leaves his squad a bit short, but of course he has better quality players. I do think that having versatile players you can kinda have less players in the squad.
Very good post while I'm not happy we didn't manage to bring in a DM I am more than pleased that the days of 8 CBs & a load of not up to standard wage takers aboard the bloated boat are well behind us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

Would’ve been carnage if the Arsenal admin had the balls to tweet this for no new signing.
One of them made us listen to that god awful offbrand game show music all day which was just as bad.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Few things with this....

- The same midfield that ended up costing us top 4 because Partey kept getting injured?

- Moyes philosophy didn't work out too well last season when the europa League kicked in. I don't think they won a PL game after playing on Thursdays.

- What rotations? Thats the issue, we haven't got enough players for a cup team.
Turner
Soares
Holding
Saliba/Gabi
Tomiyasu
Lokonga
Smith
Vieira
ESR
Marquinhos
Eddie

If that above team isn't able to beat Zurich and Bodo in both matches then we don't deserve to be in the competition.

PSV we may need to have a stronger squad with Tierney, Xhaka and one of Martinelli/Saka starting but I'd expect us to qualify comfortably from that group hardly using the main players.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
So Xhaka is expected to play in all competitions?
EL, League Cup, FA, Premier League

When does he get a rest?
No Xhaka will not play CC nor first round or two FA cup.

He will also not likely have to play every EL game either. Against PSV likely. And maybe one of the away games against the others.

Gn1212

Turner
Soares
Holding
Saliba/Gabi
Tomiyasu
Lokonga
Smith
Vieira
ESR
Marquinhos
Eddie

If that above team isn't able to beat Zurich and Bodo in both matches then we don't deserve to be in the competition.

PSV we may need to have a stronger squad with Tierney, Xhaka and one of Martinelli/Saka starting but I'd expect us to qualify comfortably from that group hardly using the main players.
We ain't going to Zurich with 9/10 changes.
It'll include more starters.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Turner
Soares
Holding
Saliba/Gabi
Tomiyasu
Lokonga
Smith
Vieira
ESR
Marquinhos
Eddie

That’s the ideal plan but we always tend to underestimate the effort required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom