• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread | Summer 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DontPushMe

Cruisio said:
Today started off soooooo great as well

Now it's all sort of faded out
How can you say that? We just signed Mesut ****ing Özil. The idea of us signing someone on that level for that amount was unthinkable 2 months ago. Im happy with just him.

Of course it would be better to get a striker as well, but who? Yes it would have been nice to get Higuain or Suarez, but we didn't. Who knows it we could have afforded Özil had we signed one of them? Özil for me is a better player than either of them.

Ba on loan would be perfect, but there is no way its a good idea for us to spend 15-20 on someone of Michu's quality. Complete waste. If we cant get Ba on loan, there isn't really anything out there that will improve us intelligently.

We have Podolski once he returns who will be a CF for us going forward (Cazorla is cemented in at LW with the Özil signing) and Theo can play central as well once AOC returns.

We'll be fine.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The United representatives who tried to sign Herrera were impostors. :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Hahahaha, Im hearing three guys turned up in Spain for the Herrera deal, and they didnt even have the authorisation to represent Man Utd.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Im wetting myself here.

Who the fck did they send? LOL

Cruisio

Established Member
DontPushMe said:
Cruisio said:
Today started off soooooo great as well

Now it's all sort of faded out
How can you say that? We just signed Mesut ******* Özil. The idea of us signing someone on that level for that amount was unthinkable 2 months ago. Im happy with just him.

Of course it would be better to get a striker as well, but who? Yes it would have been nice to get Higuain or Suarez, but we didn't. Who knows it we could have afforded Özil had we signed one of them? Özil for me is a better player than either of them.

Ba on loan would be perfect, but there is no way its a good idea for us to spend 15-20 on someone of Michu's quality. Complete waste. If we cant get Ba on loan, there isn't really anything out there that will improve us intelligently.

We have Podolski once he returns who will be a CF for us going forward (Cazorla is cemented in at LW with the Özil signing) and Theo can play central as well once AOC returns.

We'll be fine.

Quite easily

We were IMO one/two signing(s) away from being able to realistically challenge for the title. Knowing we were that close is very frustrating especially when, as I said, the day started off great

kopzilla

Always Negative
silent_shadow said:
Why is this Jim White **** so popular? I need to turn down the volume every time he speaks ffs

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYmmqY-WoUY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYmmqY-WoUY</a>

Buhry

Established Member

There were many strikers we could have signed this summer. The suarez saga was a massive bust.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Window officially shut. Buzzing that we got Özil, but can't help but be a little disappointed that nobody else joined him. We desperately needed a striker this summer, I can't quite believe we didn't sign one.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
LOOOOOOOOOOOL <a class="postlink" href="http://instagram.com/p/duM8SsIcSo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://instagram.com/p/duM8SsIcSo/</a>

Legend :lol:

awooga83

Established Member
Needed a few more for me, Özil is great but squad depth is what can cost you. Need a striker and some further defensive cover. Today was great but we should have sorted a striker.

Cruisio

Established Member
He ended up being what...they're 5th choice midfield signing? It's also given me some faith that Utd fans know what they're talking about as hardly any of them feel like he's the answer

Let's be clear, they needed a replacement for Scholes...Fellaini is so far away from that it's unreal. He's a good player but if I were a Utd fan i'd be worried at the direction the club was taking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom