Transfer Deadline Day Thread | Summer 2013

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by redwhiteAustrian, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontPushMe

DontPushMe New Member

How can you say that? We just signed Mesut ****ing Özil. The idea of us signing someone on that level for that amount was unthinkable 2 months ago. Im happy with just him.

Of course it would be better to get a striker as well, but who? Yes it would have been nice to get Higuain or Suarez, but we didn't. Who knows it we could have afforded Özil had we signed one of them? Özil for me is a better player than either of them.

Ba on loan would be perfect, but there is no way its a good idea for us to spend 15-20 on someone of Michu's quality. Complete waste. If we cant get Ba on loan, there isn't really anything out there that will improve us intelligently.

We have Podolski once he returns who will be a CF for us going forward (Cazorla is cemented in at LW with the Özil signing) and Theo can play central as well once AOC returns.

We'll be fine.

2. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

The United representatives who tried to sign Herrera were impostors. :lol:

3. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

I reckon we should hijack the Fellaini deal.

Stick him up front.

4. silent_shadow

silent_shadow Well-Known Member

Why is this Jim White **** so popular? I need to turn down the volume every time he speaks ffs

5. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Hahahaha, Im hearing three guys turned up in Spain for the Herrera deal, and they didnt even have the authorisation to represent Man Utd.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Im wetting myself here.

Who the fck did they send? LOL

6. Cruisio

Cruisio Well-Known Member

Quite easily

We were IMO one/two signing(s) away from being able to realistically challenge for the title. Knowing we were that close is very frustrating especially when, as I said, the day started off great

7. kopzilla

kopzilla Always Negative

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYmmqY-WoUY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYmmqY-WoUY</a>

8. kopzilla

kopzilla Always Negative

Thats that then...Bendtner is staying...should have got in a CB as well.

9. Cruisio

We only need ONE more!

10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Everton looks like will sign Lukaku and Gareth Barry.

11. Buhry

Buhry New Member

There were many strikers we could have signed this summer. The suarez saga was a massive bust.

12. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

13. ferrarif50hunt

ferrarif50hunt Well-Known Member

Window officially shut. Buzzing that we got Özil, but can't help but be a little disappointed that nobody else joined him. We desperately needed a striker this summer, I can't quite believe we didn't sign one.

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Agree we Massively f**ked up about signing a striker this window.

15. ferrarif50hunt

LOOOOOOOOOOOL <a class="postlink" href="http://instagram.com/p/duM8SsIcSo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://instagram.com/p/duM8SsIcSo/</a>

Legend :lol:

16. awooga83

awooga83 New Member Trusted

Needed a few more for me, Özil is great but squad depth is what can cost you. Need a striker and some further defensive cover. Today was great but we should have sorted a striker.

17. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Mixed emotions would be an understatement.

18. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Apparently Fellaini has signed for United

19. ferrarif50hunt

Fellaini to United confirmed. Good signing for them.

20. Cruisio

He ended up being what...they're 5th choice midfield signing? It's also given me some faith that Utd fans know what they're talking about as hardly any of them feel like he's the answer

Let's be clear, they needed a replacement for Scholes...Fellaini is so far away from that it's unreal. He's a good player but if I were a Utd fan i'd be worried at the direction the club was taking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.