• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread | Summer 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yep Fellaini looks like on his way to Manure and David ornstien said they are trying to sign Coentrao .

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

£27.5m for Fellaini.

More than his buy-out clause was, looks like a panic buy.

spartandre217

Established Member
Look at the effect a single WORLD CLASS signing has had on the players both young and old.

Every single one is excited, younger kids who model their games on these guys will be ecstatic(see Zelalem) and Wingers are just salivating about receiving the ball from him.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
ferrarif50hunt said:
AS saying that paperwork for Coentrao deal did NOT go through in time.

so those ****s had a great window

* kept an unhappy rooney
* didnt sign their primary target because a bunch of impostors were negotiating on their behalf
* paid £4m more than fellaini's release clause was just a few weeks ago
* missed out on coentrao because the paperwork wasnt done in time
* got rejected by tons of big names from around europe

nice job moysie. hope you guys finish 5th this season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

WOW, apparently the 'impostors' who ruined the Herrera deal for United were actually lawyers who helped Bayern sign Martinez a couple of years ago, they were actually trying to help them get the player and United officials pulled out. :lol:

kopzilla

Always Negative
awooga83 said:
Needed a few more for me, Özil is great but squad depth is what can cost you. Need a striker and some further defensive cover. Today was great but we should have sorted a striker.

Gallas is a free agent. :)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Man Utd's quest for a central midfielder

- Kevin Strootman, interest. Player moved to Roma upon hearing about their plans to move forward.
- Thiago Alcantara, interest. Player moved to Bayern to once again have the chance to once again work under Pep.
- Cesc Fabregas, bids rejected. Player stated exclusively he does not wish to leave Barcelona.
- Luka Modric, interest. Real Madrid stated player was not for sale.
- Mesut Özil, interest. Real Madrid initially stated player was not for sale. When Özil had a bid for his services accepted, Man Utd enquired and were informed of the players' desire to join Arsenal.
- Daniele De Rossi, bid rejected. Roma had/have no plans to sell their captain.
- Ander Herrera, bid rejected. Player would not leave unless release clause was met. Man Utd attempted to meet release clause but negotiations were too complex which lead to a breakdown of the transfer.
- Sami Khedira, bid rejected. Real Madrid say player was not for sale.
- Marouane Fellaini, signed. Player signed on deadline day after bid of £25.7M was accepted.

No matter what fans may say this is NOT a good transfer window for Man Utd. Fellaini will soften the blow but he's not the midfielder they were looking for and he was paid for £3M more than he would have been in June, when his release clause existed. Man Utd also had two bids rejected for Leighton Baines.

:lol:, brilliant.

arsenallegends

Established Member
we are asking too much of Cazorla, Walcott Sagna and Girioud.
I don't think we're built for the season, and thats so fustrating, but I guess Wenger knows what he's doing. Expect to see Sanago, Bendtner, Jenkinson and Ryo playing CL and cup games ffs

MDGoonah41

Established Member
i went to see what wayne gooney had to say

Account suspended
The profile you are trying to view has been suspended. To return to your home timeline, click here.

sounds about right

burnsjed

Established Member
Though bringing in Özil is fantastic, and I do feel Flamini could be some shrewd business, it is hard not to still feel some what underwhelmed with the whole window.
We desperately needed another striker (which ever Giroud has acknowledged on a few occasions) and we really could have done with a out and out winger.
It feels like we are rolling the dice as far as the defence is concerned, and are relying on players to remain fit and cover unfamiliar positions (Sagna & Flamini).
I would only rate this a C overall to be honest, maybe a B- due to Özil.

kopzilla

Always Negative
MDGoonah41 said:
i went to see what wayne gooney had to say

Account suspended
The profile you are trying to view has been suspended. To return to your home timeline, click here.

sounds about right

I forgot what his guy was saying...was he wrong about all transfers all along or just a troll?

kopzilla

Always Negative
burnsjed said:
Though bringing in Özil is fantastic, and I do feel Flamini could be some shrewd business, it is hard not to still feel some what underwhelmed with the whole window.
We desperately needed another striker (which ever Giroud has acknowledged on a few occasions) and we really could have done with a out and out winger.
It feels like we are rolling the dice as far as the defence is concerned, and are relying on players to remain fit and cover unfamiliar positions (Sagna & Flamini).
I would only rate this a C overall to be honest, maybe a B- due to Özil.

I felt it was an unnecessary gamble...we already have an injury crisis and with Vermalen and Sagna with their history of injury problems just leaves us with Mert and Kos as reliable options.

We do have Flamini but we needed more depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom