• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transfer Deadline Day Thread | Summer 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
People saying we need another striker are forgetting lukas and theo, playin one of them upfront gives us options

We have the other midfielders to fill in on the wings bwfore ånyo of the youths are called up

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
kopzilla said:
MDGoonah41 said:
i went to see what wayne gooney had to say

Account suspended
The profile you are trying to view has been suspended. To return to your home timeline, click here.

sounds about right

I forgot what his guy was saying...was he wrong about all transfers all along or just a troll?
He was adamant that Cesc had signed.

fabo

6.51 / 10
YeahBee said:
People saying we need another striker are forgetting lukas and theo, playin one of them upfront gives us options

We have the other midfielders to fill in on the wings bwfore ånyo of the youths are called up

Theo and Podolski are not good lone strikers and throwing people like Rosicky onto the wing is a bad idea.

It's a very dodgy situation if you ask me, I'm amazed that we didn't add to the front 3 after Poldi/Ox dropping for a few months.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Looks like, as Newcastle told SSN, it was a move to satisfy Arsenal fans after the Villa game, though why they thought we'd be happy with Cabaye I don't know.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
jovetic must be thrilled with his decision so far.

wonder how long it will take before hes begging to go back to italy.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
MDGoonah41 said:
jovetic must be thrilled with his decision so far.

wonder how long it will take before hes begging to go back to italy.

I'm sure Pellegrini will give Jovetic his chance but if he keep starting the season on the bench then he is destroying his career at Man City.

Brotherz

I just read we still might be signing Mohammad sissoko, but I can't see it as we've signed Flamini.
He's very versatile and experienced though.

Lazaq

Momo Sissoko was released from PSG, would he be worth a punt for us you think? Haven't seen him play in a while, so I can't really judge but he's a big lad and we could use some steal in midfield, even though Flamini looked up for it against the C*nts.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
is there a date when the squad list has to be submitted and can no longer be altered?

we need 8 homegrown players and can then field 17 non-english players

here is our squad

GK (3) - szczesny*, fabianski, viviano
DEF (7) - sagna, mertesacker, koscielny, gibbs*, monreal, jenkinson*, vermaelen
MID (6) - arteta, rosicky, ramsey*, wilshere*, Özil, flamini
ATT (5) - giroud, walcott*, oxlade-chamberlain*, cazorla, bendtner
Total (21)

doenst count again quota: gnabry, sanogo, zelalem, frimpong, miyiachi, eisfeld, martinez

i only count 7 homegrown players in the above list, and i think wilshere and ox wouldnt even technically have to count toward the 25 because they are under 21, but to meet the quota i think we'll count them. so that means we only get 24 squad spaces i believe. still, we'd have plenty of room to add sissoko as we have 3 open spots for non-homegrown players.

edit, more

The Premier League will introduce a squad cap of 25 players and a quota on home-grown players from next season, chief executive Richard Scudamore confirmed last night. The 20 clubs met last Thursday to agree the introduction of a home-grown player rule, which will take effect at the start of next term, and the immediate implementation of financial reporting rules. "As of next season clubs will be required to have a squad named of up to 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over the age of 21 and not home grown," said Scudamore. "The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system.

we currently have 14. but it says the squad must be submitted after the window closes. not sure how that impacts players who are out of contract. i imagine free agents can be added to the squad at any time.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Vela said:
Why did we bid for Cabaye it was so pointless?

Reports suggest that Özil wanted to stay at RM until he was pushed out and in the end Mertesacker convinced him to join.

Besides, Utd weren't interested or Özil rejected them.

This just means that there was a huge slice of fortune involved in getting him.

We most likely would have got Cabaye if the Özil deal fell through.

Feel bad for the lad...but thats how it is with transfers.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
apparently we put in a late bid for di natale but udinese rejected it because they wouldnt have had time to find a replacement.

what a stopgap signing that would have been.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTLEYZSbfPA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTLEYZSbfPA</a>

MDGoonah41

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/336414/Arsenal-had-surprise-Antonio-Di-Natale-bid-rejected-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... -rejected-</a>

cannonade

Established Member
MD, you were all over Higuain from the beginning and you were right, man. That signing plus Özil would have put us in the money.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I bet Wenger would like a do over on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom