• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
WOW! What a film. Watched it with some mates yesterday night and it was ****ing class. Everything about it. Great work by Micheal Bay. Had everything i love in a film, Comedy, action, kick arse cgi, story. Wonderful film. And Anthony Alvin Anderson what a legend :lol: He was funny as hell.

Got to be film of the year and a must watch for EVERYONE!

Best thing is i watched it for totally free. Sneaked in :D

spartan239

Cant wait to see this going thurs/friday then sat to see the Simpsons movie, will have to be good to beat Die Hard 4.0 despite the lack of Yipe Kye Aye mother f****r it was fantastic

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Ive watched Die Hard 4.0 1 week ago.

Does not compare to Transformers imo. Still a very good film.

stuart

Established Member
I loved Die Hard although i heard Transformers was awful!?

Im sure i'll see it sometime but probably not in the cinema. I have to go see the Simpsons and probably harry potter too *hides*

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i watched transformers 2 weeks ago and TBH i'm not that impressed with the movie, apart from the robot war and when they transformed from robots to vehicles and vice versa. those scenes deserve a standing ovation.

other than that, it's the same cheesy movie you guys could've picked in the store. growing up in the 80's, i can't help to refrain myself from watching the movie but left the cinema with somewhat a bitter taste in my mouth. perhaps i was expecting too much from it.

anyway i thought shia labeouf was brilliant. loved the kid since "constantine" and then in "the greatest game ever played". i hate golf but shia made me swing my dad's club.

i heard die hard 4.0 is the sh*t right now. can't wait for saturday to come!

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Transformers as a cartoon series was always cheasy. Its part of the the whole thing mixing comedy with seriousness.

I found it very funny especially the bit where he hackers got arrested and questioned.

dos1986

Established Member
Seen Transformers last night and it was very good....Visuals were insane......

You really have to see it in a top class cinema,otherwise you are wasting your time...best cinema experience in ages..

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
my best cinema experience was when watching the matrix #1.

paid a handsome amount of money to be sandwiched between big arse T.H.X. (i think so because it showed on the screen "T H X" with those train sound test) speakers left and right and a woofer or something like that which emitted deep, earwax-cleansing bass sound behind me.

but transformers' visual is the best since 2000. i could watch optimus prime transform from a lorry to robot to and fro time and time and time and time and time and time and time again. loved the "chig chug chooooog" tranforming sound effects big time.

for me the best part was when the autobots tried their best to hide from sam witwicky's dad. laughed my arse off 'till was about to black out.

how do you hide optimus prime in your backyard?

you can't. but the thing is, optimus did it, by himself!

class~ 8)

stuart

Established Member
How did you manage to sneak in by the way?

The best cinema experiences are the ones when you dont actually watch the film ;)

>YounGunner<

Established Member
stuart said:

The best cinema experiences are the ones when you dont actually watch the film ;)

Its simple. Most of my mates bought tickets but i decided to hang back.

You need two people to do this. Two of my mates bought the ticket while i was waiting outside. Both went into their screenings.

One of my mates took his ripped ticket plus someone elses who was in side to watch the film.

He went outside gave me his 2nd ripped ticket he got from my other mate and then bought pop corn then went back.

I then bought a Pepsi to make out like i popped out to buy a drink. I then showed security the ripped ticket my mate gave me and went in to enjoy the film of the year.

Easy as hell.

Big_Cake

How has this thread been allowed to get this far and no one has mentioned MEGAN FOX!???

I loved transformers when I was a tiddler and I love Megan Fox now (hope and faith anyone?) so I can't wait to see it.

:)

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
It was enjoyable enough to watch but it is one of the most stupid films I've ever seen, and it won’t stand up to repeated viewings.

I had to keep telling myself that it is a kids film but it still has a 12s rating. Had this film not been transformers I don’t think it’d be anywhere near as liked, it relies heavily on nostalgia. As a standalone film it is pretty awful. Classic case of taking an iconic cultural franchise (see Star Wars, the Matrix, Pirates of the Caribbean) and relying on that and a non-stop barrage of special effects in the hope that the viewer won’t notice that there’s nothing else to the film.

Alfonso

Established Member
I saw this the other night, the first hour or so was very good and entertaining but I felt the fight scene at the end was too long and was bit of an anti climax. The movie in itself was too long imo and they should have cut out some scenes or been more efficent. Also they filmed the fighting scenes too close together and you could barely tell who was fighting who. However, at times it was very funny and Shia Lebouf is going to be a major star, he has very good comic timing.

It relied on a steady but guranteed formular, so wasnt particularly innovative or ground breaking as a film. Relatively it was one of the best action movies of recent years, but that doesnt say much when movies such as War of the Worlds have been released in the past two years.

Finally, it was evident that the director was influnenced by many of the top Hollywood films of the past 20 years, and at times Transformers looked like it took a bit of everything from top films and put all together.

In short, it was a cross between Independance Day, American Pie and The Terminator! :D Worth seeing though. My next movie is going to be Rush Hour 3. 'Ah, oh hell no, dont you ever touch a black man's radio boy, you can do that **** in Chinatown, but you'l get your ass killed out here!'. Classic line.

RC8

Established Member
I saw 3 movies in quick succession. "The Illusionist", "transformers", and "The Prestige".

The first 2 are OK. But Prestige is simply sublime. I had never seen a movie that good before. It has absolutely everything you are looking for in a top movie. Fantastic stuff.

I'll be very surprised if it doesn't win the Academy Award to the best movie. But then again, Titanic and others have won it undeservedly in the past.

N!

>YounGunner< said:
stuart said:

You need two people to do this. Two of my mates bought the ticket while i was waiting outside. Both went into their screenings.

One of my mates took his ripped ticket plus someone elses who was in side to watch the film.

He went outside gave me his 2nd ripped ticket he got from my other mate and then bought pop corn then went back.

I then bought a Pepsi to make out like i popped out to buy a drink. I then showed security the ripped ticket my mate gave me and went in to enjoy the film of the year.

Easy as hell.

Surely any self-respecting security guard would have noticed that you didn;t go in, or out, in the first place?

>YounGunner<

Established Member
N! said:
>YounGunner< said:
stuart said:

Easy as hell.

Surely any self-respecting security guard would have noticed that you didn;t go in, or out, in the first place?

Not really. I dont think they even give a damn. No ones going to be scanning everyones face and even if they do not recognize me there is nothing they could do because i have the ticket in my hand and went out to buy something(Thats all i have to say)

banduan

Established Member
RC8 said:
I saw 3 movies in quick succession. "The" Illusionist", "transformers", and "Prestige".

The first 2 are OK. But Prestige is simply sublime.

The Prestige is the best movie I've seen for a long long while, although I admit I've missed some of the heavier films cos of short playing times and limited locations here in Malaysia.

Transformers started great and ended in a juddering slobbering heap. I mean, what was Megtaron? Just some big bully who's a bit better than the rest. The comedy decepticon spy was a lot more sinister.

Mostarac

Established Member
Big_Cake said:
How has this thread been allowed to get this far and no one has mentioned MEGAN FOX!???

Thats the question I was about to ask :wink: . No movie can be bad when Megan Fox is there :D . I will try to watch this movie next week, I do not expect much from it as I usually do not like these kind of movies.

entropy13

Established Member
People here should watch the cartoon series of Transformers. The movie is just loosely based on the cartoons, and the cartoons are much more interesting to watch. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom