• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

illmatik

Established Member
JML said:
bluenaz said:
illmatik said:
bluenaz said:
The Simpsons was lame. Not funny at all (except for a part or two) and wasn't worth it. I personally don't recommend.

You must not be a Simpsons fan/have no humor. I have honestly never been to a screening that has cracked an audience up that hard, go to IMDB.com, you;ll see that the Simpsons was a great movie, got great reviews, it was hilarious, they saved the best for last

I'm a fan of the old simpsons, the new ones are horrible imo. As for imdb.com, i don't really care what they think. I thought the movie was lame and that's my opinion.
Agree with that. The movie's just an 85-minute long episode of The Simpsons from the past 6 years, only worse. The only people I know that actually thought it was funny are the same simpletons that thought Napolean Dynamite was the greatest movie since Goodfellas. s**t movie, don't waste your money.

Wow...fair enough though, but I personally loved the movie

regele

Established Member
illmatik said:
bluenaz said:
The Simpsons was lame. Not funny at all (except for a part or two) and wasn't worth it. I personally don't recommend.

You must not be a Simpsons fan/have no humor. I have honestly never been to a screening that has cracked an audience up that hard, go to IMDB.com, you;ll see that the Simpsons was a great movie, got great reviews, it was hilarious, they saved the best for last
IMDB is very hit and miss with the reviews, how movies like idiocracy can be regarded as extremely funny is beyond me, there were plenty of other movies that have great reviews there, but have the same old predictable story, just a bit different and still get good reviews by users, take wild hogs for example.

regele

Established Member
illmatik said:
hey there's nothing wrong with wild hogs! :whistling
Maybe it's just me and the people i watched it with, but I only laughed once or twice during watching it and you could anticipate how the story was gonna go halfway through the movie.

RC8

Established Member
bluenaz said:

I disagree. Just watched it and I thought it was great. Unlike the Simpsons from the last couple of seasons, I felt the movie remained loyal to its origins, and didn't rely on "Family Guy" type of jokes to be funny. In fact, about 40% of the jokes were 'inside' jokes for Simpson's fans. I liked, for instance, how there were moments of serious tragedy, which you rarely see in the series nowadays, but which were very common in the past. I thought it was very entertaining mostly, and that it didn't try to be funny at all times, which was specially appealing, as I don't love the series 'only' because it's funny.

I'll give you an example of why I loved the movie. Near the end of the movie, Homer and Bart jump the Springfield Canyon. I'm sure you remember the episode that revolves around it. Well, you can actually see the crashed ambulance in the tree next to the Canyon, from where Homer fell after being rescued. Details like that really made the movie something us "real" Simpsons fans could identify with. In my opinion the story-line was crazy, but it had to be, as otherwise it wouldn't be worth a movie, it was their chance to literally destroy everything and not have to worry about it later. I was quite pleased.

awooga83

Established Member
I thought the simpsons movie was ok better then alot of the modern episodes but then you would expect that with the amount of times and writers they had on it but I was disappointed it can't touch the old episodes for quality and I hoped it would be so much better.

Oh and RC8 nice recommendation with The Prestige its a great little film.

Saw the Bourne Ultimatum yesterday and really enjoyed it although I do like those kind of spy/action movies, think its the best movie I have seen out this year.

RC8

Established Member
OK, one thing. You've got to love Homer's epiphany:

"America will never be able to play soccer"

JML

RC8 said:
I disagree. Just watched it and I thought it was great. Unlike the Simpsons from the last couple of seasons, I felt the movie remained loyal to its origins, and didn't rely on "Family Guy" type of jokes to be funny. In fact, about 40% of the jokes were 'inside' jokes for Simpson's fans. I liked, for instance, how there were moments of serious tragedy, which you rarely see in the series nowadays, but which were very common in the past. I thought it was very entertaining mostly, and that it didn't try to be funny at all times, which was specially appealing, as I don't love the series 'only' because it's funny.
Really? I thought it wasn't anything like the original Simpsons. There were some references to the older episodes, that's about it. The first 9 or so seasons were subtle and, despite most of the characters playing dumb most of the time, the jokes were actually witty. The movie was just a recycled episode from one of the recent seasons stretched out over 80 minutes. The first few jokes in the beginning were funny, but after that it seemed like the writers were desperate to get the audience laughing, mostly with gags that were either cheesy or just plain stupid. The 'Spider-Pig' bit was a prime example of the Family Guy-like humor that you said the movie didn't rely on. Another thing the movie lacked was all of the 'other' characters that helped make the show a success in the first place. Krusty's involved, Apu, Mo, and the rest had a cameo at best. I have a hard time believing it took 10 people to write those cheap jokes and come up with that idiotic and predictable plot.

nazo

Established Member
RC8 said:
OK, one thing. You've got to love Homer's epiphany:

"America will never be able to play soccer"

Ya i laughed at that. Same with spiderpig that was a good one.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
regele said:
IMDB is very hit and miss with the reviews, how movies like idiocracy can be regarded as extremely funny is beyond me, there were plenty of other movies that have great reviews there, but have the same old predictable story, just a bit different and still get good reviews by users, take wild hogs for example.
Idiocracy had an average rating of 6.4 last time I checked, which is fairly average. The IMDB is an extremely useful website for finding out the likely quality of a film. Whether you like a film or not is entirely subjective so you’re bound to disagree with some of the ratings. However as they have the average of thousands of users you get a good indication of the likelihood of you enjoying a film or not.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom