• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
entropy13 said:
People here should watch the cartoon series of Transformers. The movie is just loosely based on the cartoons, and the cartoons are much more interesting to watch. :p

LOL well if the movie is better than the series than i can't accept that i've fed my heart and my mind with hundreds of sh*t since my balls were bald :lol:

anyone watched the simpsons yet?

>YounGunner<

Established Member
entropy13 said:
People here should watch the cartoon series of Transformers. The movie is just loosely based on the cartoons, and the cartoons are much more interesting to watch. :p

After watching Transformers the film i though i'd watch a few of the cartoons. They where awful.

You must be some cartoon geek to love those.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

The Prestige was pretty good, the Illusionist was OK. Not seen Transformers yet though.

If you havnt watched Children of Men yet, I'd recommend it, i thought it was an immense film despite the poor ending. The camera shots are incredible.

Seem to be quite a few decent looking films around this year, the cinema went dead for a while imo. What do you think of the upcoming Will Smith film I am Legend http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/iamlegend/

Lukazan

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
entropy13 said:

After watching Transformers the film i though i'd watch a few of the cartoons. They where awful.

Nostalgia.

entropy13

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
entropy13 said:

All I said is that they're "much more interesting." :p

stuart

Established Member
Im gonna see it tonight. Well thats the plan. It's my first night out with a mate whos just passed his driving test! There may be a few hic cups along the way!! If im never back. You know why ;)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

stuart said:
Im gonna see it tonight. Well thats the plan. It's my first night out with a mate whos just passed his driving test! There may be a few hic cups along the way!! If im never back. You know why ;)

Wear you seat belt :wink:

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
RC8 said:
I saw 3 movies in quick succession. "The Illusionist", "transformers", and "The Prestige".

The first 2 are OK. But Prestige is simply sublime. I had never seen a movie that good before. It has absolutely everything you are looking for in a top movie. Fantastic stuff.
I thought the Presige was a good film, but not great. The ending was a bit of a non-event. Was the Bordon/Fallon thing at the end meant to be a twist? Because it was very obvious what was going well before the end of the film. I kept waiting for a dramatic twist, and it never came.

RC8

Established Member
kaids said:
RC8 said:
I saw 3 movies in quick succession. "The Illusionist", "transformers", and "The Prestige".

The first 2 are OK. But Prestige is simply sublime. I had never seen a movie that good before. It has absolutely everything you are looking for in a top movie. Fantastic stuff.
I thought the Presige was a good film, but not great. The ending was a bit of a non-event. Was the Bordon/Fallon thing at the end meant to be a twist? Because it was very obvious what was going well before the end of the film. I kept waiting for a dramatic twist, and it never came.

No. I don't think it's a twist movie. The Illusionist is a twist movie. Where the actual theme of the movie, is the try and fool the viewer for the whole movie. The Prestige is more complete, and has several themes involved. For instance, loyalty, the dangers of ambition, sacrifice, and the sacrifice of playing dirty as opposed to the safe-zone of fair play, are some of the topics that can be seen throughout the film. Furthermore, the parallel structure employed in the beginning and the end is breathtakingly well done.

The reason why the secrets of each magician are kept undercover for most of the movie, is because they want to justify and give realism to the ambitions of each magician. For instance, if it was revealed from the beginning that the Borden/Fallon relationship is what it is (don't feel like ruining the movie for everyone), then you would not understand fully Angier's ambition to unveil his secret. Likewise, if you knew exactly how Angier's trick worked at the end, you would think it's foolish for Borden to try and find out what's going on by walking into the back of the theatre.

I've watched the movie twice now, and I was even more impressed the second time. The ending, to me, is fantastic. Not before the so called 'twist', but because they manage to resolve the situation in a way that's actually fair for everyone involved given the events that have occurred during the movie.

stuart

Established Member
I ended up going to see Harry Potter :roll:

Frikkin cinema was full!! On a monday!! Dont people have things to do ...at least the woman giving us our tickets was class! Such a flirt with all 3 of us but she had hairy arms

Anyway, i guess i'll just have to wait. Shame, i was really looking forward to it because of the good reviews on here

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
haha stuart... just your luck eh?

i went to watch harry potter with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago after she said she loves harry potter very much and didn't want to miss it. as a very supportive man, i granted her wish, albeit reluctantly.

after being tormented for a full 2 and a half hours, she came out with a very beautiful sentence.

"that was quite boring wasn't it?"

I COULD'VE WATCHED THE SIMPSONS INSTEAD, WHICH I'VE YET TO WATCHHHHHHHHHHHH!@$@#%#$^$&%$^&!!!!!!

nazo

Established Member
The Simpsons was lame. Not funny at all (except for a part or two) and wasn't worth it. I personally don't recommend.

stuart

Established Member
bojed said:
haha stuart... just your luck eh?

i went to watch harry potter with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago after she said she loves harry potter very much and didn't want to miss it. as a very supportive man, i granted her wish, albeit reluctantly.

after being tormented for a full 2 and a half hours, she came out with a very beautiful sentence.

"that was quite boring wasn't it?"

I COULD'VE WATCHED THE SIMPSONS INSTEAD, WHICH I'VE YET TO WATCHHHHHHHHHHHH!@$@#%#$^$&%$^&!!!!!!

hey at least it was you and your girlfriend ..it was me and 2 other mates and i could have sworn it was couples night :lol: We were the only non, man/woman party in the cinema :lol:

It was never gonna be a good night, having failed to get a ticket for transformers i then bought a medium drink and popcorn (after the normal moan about prices) i then, rather carefully picked up my drink (to avoid a previous accident) to find my mate paying just 50p more for a frikkin large in both! He even got his popcorn served a bloody simpsons bucket!!!

illmatik

Established Member
bluenaz said:
The Simpsons was lame. Not funny at all (except for a part or two) and wasn't worth it. I personally don't recommend.

You must not be a Simpsons fan/have no humor. I have honestly never been to a screening that has cracked an audience up that hard, go to IMDB.com, you;ll see that the Simpsons was a great movie, got great reviews, it was hilarious, they saved the best for last

nazo

Established Member
illmatik said:
bluenaz said:

You must not be a Simpsons fan/have no humor. I have honestly never been to a screening that has cracked an audience up that hard, go to IMDB.com, you;ll see that the Simpsons was a great movie, got great reviews, it was hilarious, they saved the best for last

I'm a fan of the old simpsons, the new ones are horrible imo. As for imdb.com, i don't really care what they think. I thought the movie was lame and that's my opinion.

JML

bluenaz said:
illmatik said:
bluenaz said:

I'm a fan of the old simpsons, the new ones are horrible imo. As for imdb.com, i don't really care what they think. I thought the movie was lame and that's my opinion.
Agree with that. The movie's just an 85-minute long episode of The Simpsons from the past 6 years, only worse. The only people I know that actually thought it was funny are the same simpletons that thought Napolean Dynamite was the greatest movie since Goodfellas. **** movie, don't waste your money.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
stuart said:
hey at least it was you and your girlfriend ..it was me and 2 other mates and i could have sworn it was couples night :lol: We were the only non, man/woman party in the cinema :lol:

darn

you are one odd male :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom