• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tribute to Wenger: The Genius

Taozhe

Hello everyone,

Its your usual Wenger's biggest fan here. I am sure many of you are extremely pissed at him now but here are my views and rants. Read this and see if you agree.

I have to admit that wenger has to play defensively in CL. But had u ever consider, you need the players for tactics.

Lets say we play defensively and wait for counter attacks. Look at our defensive players we haf. Do you think we can defend against the likes of Inter and wait for counter attack for 90 minutes? We know defensively, we cannot defend against them, with players of our calibre, our team consists of too many attacking style players. Playing defensive would be bad for us. Sometimes, attack is the best defense,it can go the other way around too where defense is the best attack. But remember this proverb, know your strengths and weaknesses and use them to evaluate and come out with strategies. Should we defend all the time, I dun think we will do that well and plus ... we play boring boring ugly footie ... and chances are, we will lose too.

Furthermore, Highbury is a small and home pitch which is normally easier to defend, unfortunately today didnt go our way. Are you expecting us to defend HOME and AWAY? Most play more attacking at home because we tend to do better at home unless we think the opposition is too strong for us. Wenger has confidence in his team and decides to do that .... unfortunately it didnt work ...too bad .. Wenger likes to play attacking AWAY too but we tend to do better in away games than home games ... strange fact?

About buying the quality players, do you all think wenger is stupid and not looking into the problem? He clearly knows we need a world class defender, but he does not want to risk the club's finances at the moment for the sake of the club. I think he has the resources needed and he clearly wants a striker and a defender to come in, but he decides that it is too risky.He is a manager who thinks of the future for the club.

At the moment, he is investing on few youths who looks extremely promising. He clearly knows that most of our players wont be around too long and he clearly is buying many new players on the cheap and trying to nurture them to play when our new stadium is done.

The spanish boy Cesch(wateva), Danny, Michael Papa. senderos and another luton keeper(am i right?) are all good prospects of the future. We also have Ali,Volz and Bentley coming up the ranks.

Why would wenger buy these youngsters if he did not think about Arsenal's future? Why not use ALL the money from these small transfers and buy a world class centreback NOW? Well he clearly knows, ONE centreback will not necessarily win us everything. He prefers financial stability for the club. However I hope we dun become an Ajax, where our youths STARS for us and ends up leaving for other rival CL teams, which is silly. Why letting those youths play, do well, became a fan favourite... then sold. I am glad many of our players managed to stay and not leave the club. Wenger clearly has good man management skills. DUn you agree? About Vieira, even if he were to leave soon, at least he owes Wenger a favour and signs the contract, so that we can still get a BIG sum of money for his transfer, notice that... will other players do this for the team? I heard of some players taking big paycuts but Vieira himself, had he chosen to go to REAL, would have more than a 100% increase in salary. There's also a better chance to win a CL medal. However he chooses to stay and sign a contract. Notice that everyone, NOTICE THAT. Wenger has done a great job in not LOsing vieira on the cheap. Give him credit when its due.

Wenger, I think wants to be sure that these youngsters will be nurtured properly and are ready to perform at This level of football. Look at pennant, he clearly has not taken leeds by storm yet and he still has many attitude problems. You would argue that Anelka and Vieira has the same problems but they were both proven players and they has since changed.

Wenger is not an idiot, he will not buy and overspend and Runs the risk of turning the club into a LEEDS.
He does not sell our star players NOW. The likes of overmars and anelka are justified sales and is good for the club.

Lets say, even if Arsenal did not win a single thing this season. I would still say he has done a brilliant job for Arsenal. He clearly has helped Arsenal survive this situation better than any manager would had done. A financial unstability, players wanting to leave, media targeted club.... etc ... lots of problems but he still managed Arsenal from a mid table club to become one of the title contenders EVERY season, and winning two doubles in the process.

I actually remember the season when we won the double. We lost to CHARLTON 4-2 and to newcastle too. It was sad and I did moan to myself and think this is not our season. That year, that very year ... we crushed manutd and chelsea to win the double. The ecstacy to think we would had lost it and then won it in the end. I am sure manure fans think that way too last season..you can't disagree.

Many Arsenal 'fans' are sometimes too quick to criticise a team. Sometimes, i think Arsenal needs to fall down really hard to see who the real fans are. Clubs like Sp**s with managers like Hoddle, despite having spent more than us, ends up playing ****e... I would rather have Arsène who thinks for the club more.

Wenger is a manager who can transform a club. He is still a magician. How did he persuade the likes of TWO top players of the U17 tournaments(senderos(top5 and BEST defender) last yr and Cecsh(TOP) this yr) to join us instead of other top clubs? I seriously think its merlin level magic to do that. DO you agree? They will not rot in the reserves. They will play a part in future when Ashburton groove is done and many players would retire or leave.

Then, we will have the new generation. (hopefully not the Ajax generation).

This time, I do not vent my frustrations at any of you moaners. Its understandable that you would be pissed..but you all never seem to sit down and think long enough about other good aspects of Wenger's contribution this season.

Football management is not CM4. Not that simple. Had we were given the chance to manage Arsenal. I think it might even get relegated. Its not only about team selection and tactics. It's also training the players, looking at the performance,attitudes. dealing with pressures of media, trying to protect your players from media and Fa(who are ****ing us up and down) and discussing the financial side of the club. It is not easy, when expectations are high. But did wenger quit and succumb to pressure? Well, I can see once when he purposely bought English for certain fan pressure(jeffers N Wright) but thats understandable. Wenger has been tempted to Manage FRANCE and Real madrid b4, but he always stuck with us. What Loyalty. Sometimes, I felt we do owe Arsène. What do we do? We moan when there are bad results.

At the moment, lets enjoy Arsenal's Wengerball and stick together as fans. Lets support the club we love and cherish. Lets thank Wenger for what he has done for the club and still in my opinion, doing his best for the club.

Taozhe

with so many wenger bashers out there... why not? MAke them shut up for a change. Its not like we have O LEary or Glenn Hoddle or Houllier as our manager... sheesh

Top Bottom