Tuncay Şanlı

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Soler, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Wenger is a keen admirer of the 23-year-old Fenerbahce attacking midfielder. He can literally play anywhere on the front third of the pitch: as a right midfielder, a left midfielder, central midfielder or as the striker behind the front one. Would be a great Pires replacement IMO.

He does command a high transfer fee (15-20m range probably), though. Opinions of him?

2. Robno.7

Robno.7 New Member

i've not seen alot of him, but i do know he scored a hattrick against manure in the cl and scored a goal against them at old trafford, but thats nothing to go by......but i can't really judge him as i've not seen alot of him, nopt alot of satalite channels in the UK show the Turkish league so don't get a chance to see him.....anyone who can give us an accurate analysis of him would be welcome ;D

3. Mostarac

Mostarac New Member Trusted

4. lee1001

lee1001 New Member Trusted

Re: Tuncay Sanli.

So could cover if not start on both the left (if pires is past it)and right of midfield if Ljungberg is injured.

5. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

He's good but 15-20 million ? i dont think so. I dont know if Fenerbache will let him go either..they are building a team for the CL next season and he will be a key player. He does score some stunning goals though, very determined player good pace, not blessed with the greatest of skill but he throws himself at the ball even if there's a half chance of scoring...reminds me of Ljungberg a bit. He was very good in the last Confed Cup.

6. Canuck

Canuck New Member Elite

Sounds a bit pricey, but looking at his stats he does seem like a promising player. Wish I could add more but I've never seen him play.

7. Asterix

Asterix New Member Elite

To be honest I've not heard much of him - I can't even recall if he was in the Turkish squad that played Australia last year and I was at the game! :oops:

Do you have a source for Wenger's admiration MJ, cause I've not heard this rumour before. I don't doubt you, and he seems like a promising player, just curious to read any further comments in the press or from Wenger himself.

8. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Outside of an interview I saw on Eurosportnews, no. This was way back before the CL was even drawn and Wenger was being quizzed on all the possible opponents and he mentioned Tuncay. He said something along the lines of "I'm a big fan" in his Wenger-esque way.

9. KoLo28

KoLo28 New Member

You're as bad as most newspapers.

10. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

That's nice to know.

11. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

12. Ratinho

Ratinho New Member

I don't understand why he's a £15-20m fee?

Are Chelsea after him?

Another example of people still living in 1998. He would not cost that, I think £8m would be realistic.

13. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

He'd cost that much because Fenerbahce are one of the richest clubs in Europe (believe it or not) and have no need to sell their players unless the fee is a rather large one. I believe the £15-20m range is about what they'd want for their second best player after Alex de Souza.

It's not living in 1998. It's a simple fact that Fenerbahce are very rich club (richer than we are) and in turn can ask whatever they want for their players because money is a non issue for them.

14. Ratinho

Ratinho New Member

Then I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, as it would be a waste of £7-12m.

15. Double_H

Double_H New Member

if we can get him on 6m or less then he is good if more then NOOOOO

We can get SWP with that range and IMO its Over Priced for SWP but then again his from england

16. MightyArsenal

MightyArsenal New Member

Class player, but I doubt Fener will let the best Turkish talent leave them.

17. Loylz

Loylz Moderator Moderator

Mate he's still only 23 so that doesn't neccessarily mean he should have made a big move by now.

18. Soler

Soler New Member Elite

Tuncay Sanli.

According to Turkish TV Fenerbahce have signed Tuncay's virtual replacement from Manisaspor and that the Arsenal has tabled a €15m/£10.3m bid for Tuncay. I would be fairly confident that this a deal that sees Campbell and money go the other way.

Tuncay is an attacking midfielder/number 10. He's more of a goal-scorer compared to Rosicky though. He scored a hat-trick against Man United in Turkey last years CL, and I think he scored both Fener goals at Old Trafford when they lost 6-2. I really don't where he'd fit in into the team with Hleb, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Rosicky, RVP and Adebayor all about.

link to clip deleted - see global sticky (not you Soler - others). Asterix

19. entropy13

entropy13 New Member

we have many attacking options now, getting him for Campbell's not a good idea. A defensive midfielder is preferable or a CB also

20. slydogg

slydogg New Member

i reckon rosicky and fabregas will be fighting fo a spot in CM, i dont think rosicky will be played as a LM alot, only if needed.

So if we sign tuncay it will give us sufficient backup in LM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.