• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tuncay Şanlı

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soler

Established Member
Wenger is a keen admirer of the 23-year-old Fenerbahce attacking midfielder. He can literally play anywhere on the front third of the pitch: as a right midfielder, a left midfielder, central midfielder or as the striker behind the front one. Would be a great Pires replacement IMO.

He does command a high transfer fee (15-20m range probably), though. Opinions of him?

Robno.7

i've not seen alot of him, but i do know he scored a hattrick against manure in the cl and scored a goal against them at old trafford, but thats nothing to go by......but i can't really judge him as i've not seen alot of him, nopt alot of satalite channels in the UK show the Turkish league so don't get a chance to see him.....anyone who can give us an accurate analysis of him would be welcome ;D

lee1001

Established Member
Re: Tuncay Sanli.

Mad Jens said:
Wenger is a keen admirer of the 23-year-old Fenerbahce attacking midfielder. He can literally play anywhere on the front third of the pitch: as a right midfielder, a left midfielder, central midfielder or as the striker behind the front one. Would be a great Pires replacement IMO.

He does command a high transfer fee (15-20m range probably), though. Opinions of him?

So could cover if not start on both the left (if pires is past it)and right of midfield if Ljungberg is injured.

AFCG7

Established Member
He's good but 15-20 million ? i dont think so. I dont know if Fenerbache will let him go either..they are building a team for the CL next season and he will be a key player. He does score some stunning goals though, very determined player good pace, not blessed with the greatest of skill but he throws himself at the ball even if there's a half chance of scoring...reminds me of Ljungberg a bit. He was very good in the last Confed Cup.

Canuck

Established Member
Sounds a bit pricey, but looking at his stats he does seem like a promising player. Wish I could add more but I've never seen him play.

Asterix

Established Member
To be honest I've not heard much of him - I can't even recall if he was in the Turkish squad that played Australia last year and I was at the game! :eek:ops:

Do you have a source for Wenger's admiration MJ, cause I've not heard this rumour before. I don't doubt you, and he seems like a promising player, just curious to read any further comments in the press or from Wenger himself.

Soler

Established Member
Asterix said:
Do you have a source for Wenger's admiration MJ, cause I've not heard this rumour before. I don't doubt you, and he seems like a promising player, just curious to read any further comments in the press or from Wenger himself.

Outside of an interview I saw on Eurosportnews, no. This was way back before the CL was even drawn and Wenger was being quizzed on all the possible opponents and he mentioned Tuncay. He said something along the lines of "I'm a big fan" in his Wenger-esque way.

KoLo28

Mad Jens said:
Asterix said:

Outside of an interview I saw on Eurosportnews, no. This was way back before the CL was even drawn and Wenger was being quizzed on all the possible opponents and he mentioned Tuncay. He said something along the lines of "I'm a big fan" in his Wenger-esque way.

You're as bad as most newspapers.

Ratinho

Established Member
I don't understand why he's a £15-20m fee?

Are Chelsea after him?

Another example of people still living in 1998. He would not cost that, I think £8m would be realistic.

Soler

Established Member
Ratinho said:
I don't understand why he's a £15-20m fee?

Another example of people still living in 1998. He would not cost that, I think £8m would be realistic.

He'd cost that much because Fenerbahce are one of the richest clubs in Europe (believe it or not) and have no need to sell their players unless the fee is a rather large one. I believe the £15-20m range is about what they'd want for their second best player after Alex de Souza.

It's not living in 1998. It's a simple fact that Fenerbahce are very rich club (richer than we are) and in turn can ask whatever they want for their players because money is a non issue for them.

Double_H

Established Member
if we can get him on 6m or less then he is good if more then NOOOOO

We can get SWP with that range and IMO its Over Priced for SWP but then again his from england

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mate he's still only 23 so that doesn't neccessarily mean he should have made a big move by now.

Soler

Established Member
Tuncay Sanli.

According to Turkish TV Fenerbahce have signed Tuncay's virtual replacement from Manisaspor and that the Arsenal has tabled a €15m/£10.3m bid for Tuncay. I would be fairly confident that this a deal that sees Campbell and money go the other way.

Tuncay is an attacking midfielder/number 10. He's more of a goal-scorer compared to Rosicky though. He scored a hat-trick against Man United in Turkey last years CL, and I think he scored both Fener goals at Old Trafford when they lost 6-2. I really don't where he'd fit in into the team with Hleb, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Rosicky, RVP and Adebayor all about.

link to clip deleted - see global sticky (not you Soler - others). Asterix

entropy13

Established Member
we have many attacking options now, getting him for Campbell's not a good idea. A defensive midfielder is preferable or a CB also

slydogg

i reckon rosicky and fabregas will be fighting fo a spot in CM, i dont think rosicky will be played as a LM alot, only if needed.

So if we sign tuncay it will give us sufficient backup in LM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom