• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tuncay Şanlı

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soler

Established Member
By the way, Asa, here are Tuncay's weaknesses/negative points:

His weakness is that he's painful to watch, he'll make the easiest of mistakes yet pull out magic from his arse.

Unreliable and frustrating, yet a matchwinner and vital part of the team at the same time.

His manager summed it up best, "we can't play with him, but we can't play without him.".

I think he'd be a perfect Wenger project though, if he can't make a man out of him no one can.

By no means is Tuncay a complete player. At 24-years-old he is still evolving as a player.

dronan

I think Tuncay is a better second striker than he is a LM because I have doubts about the defensive element of his game. I wonder if he played as an LM if he would track back to do his share of defensive work. I know reyes always does a great job tracking back and helping out the left back I just wonder if Tuncay would do the same... well i guess we now have to wait for our Fenerbahce sources to come on and give their comments on this rumour.

A

Anonymous

as soon as we are linked with some one , everyone jumps on the bandwagon and expects wenger to sign him

qs

Established Member
The_Prince007 said:
qs said:
We need a big squad.

Yea but i hope everyone will be happy and don't start talking about leaving, just like drogba,gallas or robben at chelshit :roll:

Gallas and Drigba got alot of football, Robben got enough. They arent leaving cos of the fight for places. Im pretty sure Gallas doesnt like the way the clubs going, he was there before the money. Also he's always said he wanted back to AC, if he left it much longer he may not be good enough.

Drogba, we know, is upset about the cheating chants. Its occurred to me more than once that maybe players dont want to dive at Chelsea but know they wnt get their game if they dont. Duff never dived at Blackburn now he's at it every week. Maybe Drigba wants out so he can stop cheating and lose the tag he's got.

Basically what Im saying is they arent leaving due to lack of games or too big a squad, theyre leaving cos they dont like the club.

Soler

Established Member
TalentScout said:
as soon as we are linked with some one , everyone jumps on the bandwagon and expects wenger to sign him

Who said that we are definitely signing him?

All it is is theories and discussion about the player at the moment. There's nothing wrong with that.

qs

Established Member
TalentScout said:

Ahh grow up. Someone is linked and then they are discussed. No one is expecting anything.

Arsenalguru

Tuncay or Ribery?

Tuncay is 182 cm, while Ribery is 170 cm.

Tuncay has the physical, while Ribery has speed and flair.

What do Wenger needs in his new winger?

The_Prince007

TalentScout said:
ribery dont want to be at marsielle next season, all it needs is a lucrative offer from wenger to lure him, yes there are many clubs but we are one of the biggest clubs in europe now, WE must expect to attractive players of this calibure now , were no longer a average size european team.

Right plus Henry likes him too, i saw him putting his hand around Ribery's shoulder and having a joke with him and he sat next to him for a while during the france-mexico match...Maybe he's the 2nd player of CALIBRE!! I saw that in a french program "Telefoot" on the channel France2

Abyss

Tuncay Şanlı is wearing the #10 jersey for Fenerbahçe, but he is NOT playing as #10. Who's playing as #10 in Fenerbahçe is Alex de Souza.

Soler

Established Member
Arsenalguru said:
Tuncay or Ribery?

Tuncay is 182 cm, while Ribery is 170 cm.

Tuncay has the physical, while Ribery has speed and flair.

What do Wenger needs in his new winger?

For me Tuncay would be the Pires replacement - the goal scoring midfielder. Rosicky is not prolific enough to fill that, neither is Hleb, and neither is Fabregas but Tuncay definitely is. From that music video he scores the odd "Pires goal".

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
TalentScout said:

I was intrested in him before this rumour was started and named him a substitute for Ribery if he turned out too expensive. posted several clips of him, check back in the Ribery thread or the midfielders thread. I acctually think I started a thread on him last fall

asajoseph

Established Member
a) I don't agree - he really wasnt' that great in the first half of the season at all, although Senderos took the majority of the criticism around that time. His performances all season, and most of last season too, have been poor. That's not to say he doesn't have good games - in the Champions League final, he was top notch. But it's consistency that matters at the back, and Sol doesn't offer that - we couldn't start him regularly and rely on him. He really isn't particularly good any more.

b) Because he patently isn't. He's no longer as good as Senderos - and if we keep him here under the pretence of him being a first-team regular whilst he's not actually getting games, he's going to get stroppy and possibly walk out again. I really don't see Sol Campbell as the sort of player who, one day soon, will realise he's not a first-teamer at Arsenal and gradually settle into a backup role - instead, he's going to go looking for a first team slot somewhere else, as he's not good enough to get one here.

c) Well, if you consider a transfer price of circa £18-22 million, and having to fight off Man Utd, Real Madrid, Lyon, Sp**s and maybe others as 'there for the taking, it's up to you. Personally, I'd consider it quite a hard ask just from the transfer fee alone. Yes, we could sign Ribery, it's not impossible, but at that price, with that competition, it's quite unlikely.

Soler

Established Member
Abyss said:
Tuncay Şanlı is wearing the #10 jersey for Fenerbahçe, but he is NOT playing as #10. Who's playing as #10 in Fenerbahçe is Alex de Souza.

Yeah, I know.

In England #10 is a support/shadow striker, not a creative midfield playmaker.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If we get him that would mean no striker transfer wouldn't you think? And even possibly not a CM purchase either as Rosicky can cover Cesc and AW might think that is enough

gstew

From what I've seen the player he is most similar to at Arsenal is RVP. Considering all of our attacking options I don't really see the need for Sanli (although I would still like to have him). If we did get him, that would be the first indicator to me that the RVP rumours might not be so far-fetched.

patrick42uk said:
charlie nicholas (usually chats rubbish)

Gooner patrick42uk. As you may know we are not highly represented within the media and I think that this is mightily unfair as Champagne Charlie, is the most pro- AFC on the box, bar none. He is more supportive than Mclintoch, Adams, Dixon, Winterburn, Quinn, Smith, Wright et al.

Even George Graham is more pro - than the afore mentioned and if anyone had the motive to "chat rubbish" and stick the knife in when it suited - surely it would be him.

In fact sometimes I wonder what Arsenal did to some of the above mentioned ? :roll:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Were are the turcs when you need them, rumours, descriptions lease give to us please, Does he work best as a LM or striker, does he have a good passing game. From what I have seen on clips and a few games he has almost a Henry-ish dribbling game aka it is done with great control and speed while looking really simple, That may just be the poor quality of turkish defenders but hey he did score that CL hatrick,

liridon

i am a student in turkey and during the weekends i also watch matches of fenerbahce and Tuncay cant pass the ball at all, he is too selfish and over selfconfidence, and he cant play in premiership because the defence of premierleague is superior to that of turkish superleague.
To loose Cambell because of tuncay is nonsense and i am complitely against that.

haziqziqo

Re: Tuncay Sanli.

Soler said:
According to Turkish TV Fenerbahce have signed Tuncay's virtual replacement from Manisaspor and that the Arsenal has tabled a €15m/£10.3m bid for Tuncay. I would be fairly confident that this a deal that sees Campbell and money go the other way.

Tuncay is an attacking midfielder/number 10. He's more of a goal-scorer compared to Rosicky though. He scored a hat-trick against Man United in Turkey last years CL, and I think he scored both Fener goals at Old Trafford when they lost 6-2. I really don't where he'd fit in into the team with Hleb, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Rosicky, RVP and Adebayor all about.

link deleted

After watching the video , i can see that he is very good in everything except defense....

Good:
-finishing
-control
-dribbling
-headers
willing to bring the ball forward whenever possible
Pacy

Arsenal need to buy him he is f**kin good man

In my opinion , he is far better than any other player in Arsenal except Thierry Henry

asajoseph

Established Member
Re: Tuncay Sanli.

haziqziqo said:
Soler said:
According to Turkish TV Fenerbahce have signed Tuncay's virtual replacement from Manisaspor and that the Arsenal has tabled a €15m/£10.3m bid for Tuncay. I would be fairly confident that this a deal that sees Campbell and money go the other way.

Tuncay is an attacking midfielder/number 10. He's more of a goal-scorer compared to Rosicky though. He scored a hat-trick against Man United in Turkey last years CL, and I think he scored both Fener goals at Old Trafford when they lost 6-2. I really don't where he'd fit in into the team with Hleb, Fabregas, Ljungberg, Rosicky, RVP and Adebayor all about.

link deleted

After watching the video , i can see that he is very good in everything except defense....

Good:
-finishing
-control
-dribbling
-headers
willing to bring the ball forward whenever possible
Pacy

Arsenal need to buy him he is f**kin good man

In my opinion , he is far better than any other player in Arsenal except Thierry Henry

Based on that Youtube clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom