• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tuncay Şanlı

Status
Not open for further replies.

RammiXP

Gurgen said:
Reached the final of a World Cup.

What has Tuncay done?

give me a break, there are plenty of amazing players who have never reached a world cup final. He is part of a great nation with great players. Turkey are hardly the same.

anyway my point is that Ribery has done nothing domestically or in eurpoe that would mean we should sign him. Neither has he shown any real consistency.

i really don't get this Ribery obssesion.

AFCG7

Established Member
Lots of crap players have also reached the World Cup fnal. Some class players have also never reached that far.

AFCG7

Established Member
If Tucay was French and playing for Marseilles and Domenech liked his horoscope..he would play for France :D

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

AFCG7 said:
If Tucay was French and playing for Marseilles and Domenech liked his horoscope..he would play for France :D

:lol: ain't that the truth..

thegame24

Established Member
ok i now firmly believe most opinions here are based on football manager

Ribery is ****e on it, and tuncay scores every game on it

comparing tuncay and ribery

CLUELESS

had enough now

Alfonso

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Alfonso said:
If Tuncay was French, would he get into France's first team? No.

If the over-rated Malouda could, then so could Tuncay have. Tuncay is a better player.

Tuncay may be more talented, but no way is he more consistent or realiable as Malouda. Malouda is as good as Wiltord was when he was playing for us, and he was not bad for us. Malouda is more proven than Tuncay as well, with good peformances for France in the World Cup, for Lyon in both their domestic league and the CL, and finally, Malouda has won many things in his career-which will be an asset for us, as we dont have many 'winners' in the side. If Tuncay is so good how come he is playing in Turkey at the age of 25?

Also, Turks are not good travellers. When was the last time a big Turkish player was successful for a big club in a big league in Europe? Hakan Sukur was a flop at Inter, for example.

But of course I would prefer Ribery over both of them. Its ironic we should talk about Ribery v Tuncay, because in Turkey, Ribery's nickname is "FerraRibery" after his man of the match peformance for Gala when they played Tuncay's Fenerbache. Gala won 5-1.

Grampus_Eight

Malouda deserves his spot in the French XI. He brings a lot of industry, an economy of play and very good defensive work.

I feel he offers a lot to France because of his versatility as well.

Ribery is a different type of player though - and the sort of direct, aggressive player that would really add a lot - the question is at what price?

Same goes for Malouda as well. Would potentially make a good replacement for Freddie but with other clubs in for him and with Aulas in charge of the negotiation it's hard to see us doing anything.

Mostarac

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Tuncay may be more talented, but no way is he more consistent or realiable as Malouda. Malouda is as good as Wiltord was when he was playing for us, and he was not bad for us. Malouda is more proven than Tuncay as well, with good peformances for France in the World Cup, for Lyon in both their domestic league and the CL, and finally, Malouda has won many things in his career-which will be an asset for us, as we dont have many 'winners' in the side. If Tuncay is so good how come he is playing in Turkey at the age of 25?

Who of them offers more to an team is subjective, no point in discussing that. How can you say that Malouda is more consistent and reliable than Tuncay? But, when you try to claim how much more Malouda has done for his club and country compared to Tuncay, then I have to comment that, mate. First of all, what has Malouda won outside the ordinary French league? Second of all, what has he won with his national team compared to Tuncay? The answer is nothing to both questions. He is definetively not superior at any point to Tuncay, Tuncay has also done very well in his domestic league and in Europe and Champions League, he has also done well for the Turkish national team. Their careers and trophies won is similar, just that they play in two different leagues. And, to ask you a question similar to what you asked above about Tuncay, why is Malouda still playing in France?

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
im just shocked tbh that people does not rate malouda...hes one of the best side players in the business...the key word balance, he also shoots from distances and is good with both feet
you guys need to watch more france and lyon matches, seriously..he'll make a left back look top class..for instace abidal, which he works with well who i think is more of cb
he got best player in france ffs jeez..drogba said hell walk to france by feet to bring malouda to chelsea...
you dont have teams like arsenal,chelsea,milan,juventus chasing you and your rubbish..guys need to do their reseach and watch more football and also analyse players better....that saying its you lots point of view which i dont agree with but but take with consideration

Alfonso

Established Member
Mostarac said:
Who of them offers more to an team is subjective, no point in discussing that. How can you say that Malouda is more consistent and reliable than Tuncay? But, when you try to claim how much more Malouda has done for his club and country compared to Tuncay, then I have to comment that, mate. First of all, what has Malouda won outside the ordinary French league? Second of all, what has he won with his national team compared to Tuncay? The answer is nothing to both questions. He is definetively not superior at any point to Tuncay, Tuncay has also done very well in his domestic league and in Europe and Champions League, he has also done well for the Turkish national team. Their careers and trophies won is similar, just that they play in two different leagues. And, to ask you a question similar to what you asked above about Tuncay, why is Malouda still playing in France?

He has not won anything outside of France mate, because he has only played in France. What has Bonera won outside Italy? As for your question about what have they both won in terms of trophies-Dijbril Cisse has won the Champions League, Thierry Henry has not. Does that automatically make Cisse better? I never stated Malouda is better than him based on trophies alone, but that he is more proven, as the French league is better than the Turkish league, and internationally he has done more(e.g play in a World Cup final), even though some of that is not Tuncay's fault.

Mate, i think many of us would agree that the French league is far superior to the Turkish league. There are some quality players who play in France, such as Ribery and Juninho. Moreover, there is a lot of up and coming talent coming out of the French league, who often find their way to the top clubs in Europe( e.g. Diarra to Real, Essien to Chelsea). So, its not as if he is playing in a sub standard league. I would say the French league, alongside the German league, is the joint fourth best league in Europe. Its not the Scotish or Dutch league, which is not as good. Turkish league is one of the weakest in Europe. Malouda has also won French League player of the year. Tuncay has played in a worse league for some time now, and either shown no ambition to go elsewhere, or no club of true importance thinks he would be worthwhile for them.

You cant really compare their acheivements with their national sides, as it would not be fair to Tuncay, as France is obviously the superior nation in terms of football.

Malouda is more consistent than Tuncay as Tuncay drops in and out of games a lot more often, and goes missing more as well(as you saw against your Bosina). In some games you do not see him for very long periods, wheras Malouda is a lot more proactive and imminent for his side. Malouda works harder and has better stamina in my opinion.

Last but not least, do you not agree with me that Turks are not good travellers? In one way or another they seem to have problems where ever they go. Wheras French players in general are more realiable, and mentally stable.

gstew

Alfonso said:
Last but not least, do you not agree with me that Turks are not good travellers? In one way or another they seem to have problems where ever they go. Wheras French players in general are more reliable, and mentally stable.
You are absolutely correct. I can't think of a single Turkish player.....no, make that a single Turkish person that has as fine a temperment as Anelka!!!

Alfonso

Established Member
gstew said:
Alfonso said:
Last but not least, do you not agree with me that Turks are not good travellers? In one way or another they seem to have problems where ever they go. Wheras French players in general are more reliable, and mentally stable.
You are absolutely correct. I can't think of a single Turkish player.....no, make that a single Turkish person that has as fine a temperment as Anelka!!!

In general.

You must be Turkish.

gstew

Tuncay does not have to be bad in able to say that Malouda is good and vice versa.

Tuncay is the more talented player (by a lot) and he is more important to both his club and country. Malouda has proven himself in a better league and has been very productive throughout his career. Tuncay has been the best player on his team probably most of his life, whereas Malouda has learned to play an important role for his teams but has never been a crucial player for club or country (making him more likely to accept the subs bench if necessary). There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I personally always prefer the bigger talent and the corresponding bigger risk. I also will always prefer versatility. And I certainly prefer goals. Tuncay is the better fit for Arsenal according to all of these (my) preferences. Malouda is a very good player who would provide quality depth and would be an upgrade over Freddie. Is he worth 8 million pounds? IMO he isn't, as there are many similarly talented players and few would be priced that highly. For example, I would choose Gamst Pederson of Blackburn for 6 million well ahead of Malouda for 8 million.

gstew

Alfonso said:
gstew said:
Alfonso said:

In general.

You must be Turkish.
No, I am an American. I don't think that one needs to be a member of the libeled group to be offended by bigoted remarks. And to say that French people are more "mentally stable" than Turks is definitely bigoted and offensive.

Unless the statement is "People without mental disease are more mentally stable than people with mental disease" (or some equivalent), I doubt that a Group A are "more mentally stable" than Group B remark could be anything but offensive to all of us.

AFCG7

Established Member
Watched the Brasil Turkey game.. he played wide right in the first half ..had a few shots on goal..then played wide left in the second. The players who impressed the most for me were Altintop Arda and the best was Sabri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom